Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Ideal destination  (Read 3515 times)

Offline stigred

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Ideal destination
« on: March 10, 2012, 10:34:35 AM »
Well, judging by the reports i have read of kalkan it sounds like i have booked the ideal destination for our holiday at the beginning of June. I am so excited!
We spent a week in Side last year and we enjoyed it a lot but found that the shops were all 'samey samey' . I think kalkan will be slightly different. We are ones for going off the beaten track and found some great places to eat in Side and hope to do the same in Kalkan. Side itself was very nice and we had some great days out, however, Kalkan looks a little more 'authentic' and it appears that you don't get hassled as much to purchase things.
We are staying at the Kelebek hotel as we are on a tight budget and i have read some unfavourable reports but this will not put us off as we are very open minded and for the price we are paying, we will not expect the Ritz! Our hotel in Side last year had some awful reports but we found it be quite adequate.
I have done a little research into some days out while in kalkan and i think we shall take a boat trip, a jeep safari to see the ruins and mud baths and we may go horse riding as well. We both love experiencing new foods and are looking forward to sampling some delights i hope.
If anyone can think of something we really shouldn't miss while we are there then please let me know  :)
I am VERY EXCITED!!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9110.0

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Ideal destination
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 10:58:09 AM »
Welcome to EnjoyKalkan - glad you found us :)

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 11:13:22 AM »
A few good days out:
Patara Beach and ruins (dolmus ride 20mins)
Saklikent Gorge
Mountain villages (Bezirgan etc)
Kas (20 min drive or dolmus) Nice town with amphitheatre and high tombs in the rocks
Kekova (sunken city boat tour)
The beach clubs are good for a relaxing day and you get a free boat over to some of them from the harbour
Kaputas beach at the bottom of a gorge - need to be fit though as down and up may steps from the road

I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the restaurants - very high standard compared to other places we have been in Turkey.
Shopping is good and not hassly at all
I'm sure you'll have a great time.  :) :) :)

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 01:47:50 PM »
For an excellent meal on a tight budget and with beautiful views through the pine forest, go to one of the trout restaurants in Islamlar.  There are several on the main road and even a couple way off the beaten track where you will find few diners.  If you don't like fresh cooked trout, they do have other choices.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 04:50:54 PM »
I don't personally know the Kelebek hotel but have just glanced at some new posts on Trip Advisor and there are some very positive reviews.

It looks as if they don't like guests taking in their own drinks but this applies I think to most, if not all, hotels in Kalkan.

A lot of people seem to have much enjoyed their holiday at the Kelebek and I hope you also have a wonderful time there.    I feel sure you will enjoy Kalkan.  You are going at what should be a lovely time of year, early June.  I hope you will send in a report to the Forum after your holiday.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 07:28:45 PM »
you will find Kalkan vastly different to Side..we enjoyed Side but it was a long time ago ,and i'm sure once you get into the swing of kalkan you will be returners....  you will find eating for every budget ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Dharmababe

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 05:33:02 PM »
Hello, delighted to find this informative forum on Kalkan! We are visiting Kalkan in a couple of weeks to view some 1 bed apartments and hoping maybe to take the plunge and buy one. We're hoping to be able to spend a couple of months a year at the beginning and end of the season in our place and then to let it during the summer months. We wonder if the rental income will cover the bills for the year; not bothered about making a profit but hoping not to run up too many bills. any advice much welcomed. Also my husband has emphysema and we wondered if anyone can advise on the best locations without too much steep hill walking. many thanks, Gill

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 05:54:37 PM »
Hi Gill,

Welcome to EnjoyKalkan, glad you found us :)
You may be best starting new topics for your questions to get a better response from our fantastic members.

Taking the plunge is worth it for a slice of paradise!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Recommended vacation destination

Started by emretepe on Other Resorts

2 Replies
Last post June 02, 2010, 07:55:31 AM
by jdyrogrs
xx
Turkey is Brits No1 holiday destination

Started by Chucky on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post July 08, 2008, 08:10:09 PM
by yelkenite

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal