Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: kisla  (Read 6034 times)

Offline tshaddy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
kisla
« on: May 30, 2015, 07:30:34 AM »
Hi all.
My name is Tracey and I am new to the forum.
on the 20th June 2015 myself and 6 family members are flying out to kalkan to celebrate my big 50. We are stopping in a villa called villa amare in Kisla. So there are just a few questions please.
1) what is kisla like and how far to kalkan?
2) What is the weather like in June?
3) Are mosquitoes bad? (I am like a magnet to them)
4) is there a supermarket in Kisla?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12778.0

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
Re: kisla
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 08:52:29 AM »
Hi Tracey, I think you will be in for a treat! The weather should be gorgeous - the stats say 26 - 28C and the sea temperature 23C. 13 hours of sunshine per day - and in Kisla, which is around the bay from the centre of Kalkan, you will get the best of the sunset.

I have never stayed in that part of the village but I am sure someone will come along soon who has.

Tip: get a taxi phone number plugged into your mobile and then just call ten minutes before you need one. We had a party of six and the guy had a mini van and was so helpful. If he was busy, he sent a mate. Used him all the time for popping out to lunch.

I get eaten by mozzies so just cover myself with OFF which we buy out there as well as taking some similar stuff from the UK. I also avoid restaurants that have a lot of greenery in them - or at least, don't sit next to the bushes.

Some supermarkets will deliver - we always use one for a big shop (Yali) in the Main Street, as it has a huge selection of most things. The wine and beer shop by the roundabout / main taxi rank, delivered our heavy drinks to our villa (and also took us to a restaurant for lunch for a small tip).

Hope you have a great FIVE 0 and that you all enjoy Kalkan.  We arrive, a party of 8, on June 19th.
Antler

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 09:47:32 AM »
Hi tshaddy,

You will have a fab time.We stay in Komurluk on the same side of the bay as Kisla.Patara Prince resort seperates the two areas.I believe Kisla does have a small supermarket for essentials,I know that Patara prince resort has a small shop for essentials.

The weather in June does start to warm up and Kisla is a little too far from Kalkan to walk regularily.I would arrange taxis.As Antler says,they are plentiful,usually on time and reasonable costs.

Mosquitos are a problem and any protection possible against them is advised.The villa should have plug in's....you should use mozzie nets if provided,and use roll ons and/or spray.

The views are the best in Kalkan from our side of the bay,and as Antler says,we get the longest sunsets.

There is an excellent beach club in Komurluk called Palm beach club and Kisla has one called Mahal.

Have a fabulous holiday.

holiday lettings http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/kalkan/9407

Offline Joeyloveskalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 01:02:04 PM »
Depending on how fit you are Kisla to Kalkan centre is walkable.  I am not that fit and we did the walk on Tuesday when it was hot.  Give it a whirl one evening if you intend eating out and see how you go.  You could always get a taxi home again.  Try sending one of your party out on a recce.

J

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 02:28:24 PM »
We are at Patara Prince which is just before the road to Kisla. We walk into Kalkan every evening and back again. We are both pretty fit and whatever your fitness levels the walk in is quite doable , you will have a hill to negotiate when coming up from Kisla but after that walking along the cliff path/road is flat and the views are stunning. I would say that coming
Back you do need a  certain level of fitness, as the climb from Kalkan to the path is long and steep,and also when reaching Patara Prince there is another steep hill before descending in to Kisla.
Probably a good idea to walk in and get a taxi back. Believe me you are on the best side of the bay for sunset views and longer sun hours as the sun sets over the hills opposite, so when they are in the shade you still have the sun!

There is  small shop opposite the back of Patara Prince on the road down to Kisla. Fine for everyday items but compared to the supermarkets expensive for a large shop. It is open from 8 till 8, and they will deliver.
Hope this helps, sure you will have a great holiday.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 08:02:08 PM »
Hi Tracey.

Nothing more to add as your questions have been answered very well, other than, welcome to the forum and have a wonderful holiday. It's my big golden one this year too and we will be celebrating in Kalkan this August. In fact I've been celebrating it all year and will continue to so do until December. I made a new year resolution that rather than dread it, I'll make the most of it and so far so good! Any excuse for a few cocktails and lots of indulgence. You'll certainly have fun celebrating in Kalkan. Perfect choice.  :)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 08:04:29 PM by Lizilu20 »

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 02:17:44 AM »
welcome to the forum, tshaddy
I hope you have an amazing stay - June is a great month to visit Kalkan as its warm but not the overbearing heat of August. I'm not familiar with your villa, but there is a small shop called Bob's in Kisla - sells essentials only and ice creams! You could always get a water taxi over to the village from Kalkan Beach Park or Villa Mahal. Its worth enquiring what time they finish....usually when the last people leave the beach club. If you have a drink in the bar area, I'm pretty sure they would take you over.
We walk to and from Kisla for the hell of it.....the hill coming out is pretty full on and if you're dressed for an evening out you may find you mascara running with the effort...just a thought. If you do plan to walk back in the dark, pack a little maglite as the roads are unmade in some places through Komurluk.
I hope you have a great stay, and as others have said the views from that side if the bay are quite magnificent.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 07:16:12 AM »
A very warm welcome to the forum too tshaddy.  We have never stayed that side, but did go for a wander at Easter over there and as everyone has already said, it really is beautiful and the views are fabulous.   Have a wonderful holiday and enjoy your special birthday  :D

Jayne

Offline Brandongirl

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 09:01:02 AM »
Hi Tracey, We are at Eagles Nest , just directly above Villa Mahal so closer to Kalkan. It's 20 mins walk along the coastal path or service road. Flip flops/ flatties are fine for walking but NO heels .Just to add that  you have  three cafés close to you . Bobs Cafe , Kulhana hotel and The Fidanka hotel that all do food if you don't want to cook or head into the village. The Fidanka is worth a  visit as it's really something special , quirky, all made from reclaimed wood covered in bougainvillea  and creepers. We ate there last year and the food was only mediocre. Go for a drink to have a look .  Villa Mahal is also open to non residents and lunches are reasonably priced there. The views from Kisla are stunning as everyone said and you also get that Kisla breeze which is so welcome when it's hot hot. In the morning you see all the gullets heading out the bay off in their day trips  often some lovely yachts will drop anchor near you. The evening sunsets ( with the G&T,s) are amazing and  at night the lights of Kalkan are magical twinkling over the bay .
Have a wonderful holiday .

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

recycled
KISLA

Started by josie on General Discussion

15 Replies
Last post January 31, 2010, 03:40:45 PM
by casey
xx
Kisla

Started by alshepuk on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post March 28, 2010, 12:54:55 AM
by kim21
xx
Kisla

Started by Sulwath on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

16 Replies
Last post May 06, 2011, 09:49:54 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Kisla map

Started by alshepuk on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post April 09, 2010, 11:54:44 AM
by alshepuk

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Views: 3290
By: jinfizzz
Street Shampoo

Views: 3605