Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: New to Site  (Read 1547 times)

Offline frangaz16

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
New to Site
« on: August 05, 2010, 07:06:53 PM »
Hi There All,
Have just stumbled upon this site whilst searching for something else.  Must say great site and the discussions have been quite interesting so far.  We are UK based but have visited Turkey twice yearly for the last 12+ years and just love it.  We have stayed  in various locations but keep going back to Kalkan and Alanya. Loving both locations for differing reasons.  Kalkan is the place to go to totally relax. The pace of life is slow to stopping and after a hectic life at home it makes a much needed change to not to have to get in the rat race and run for your life.  Alanya is the first place we ever visited and a place we love. Over the years we have seen a lot of changes but we still go back at least once a year as we have made some great friends. Turkey feels like home and hopefully one day will be.
Fran

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6104.0

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
Re: New to Site
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 07:14:00 PM »
Hello Fran,
Glad you found the site - and welcome! It sounds like you have a lot of experience of Turkey and could add a lot of value, too !I think the country has a lot to offer - it is huge for a start and very diverse. I have started doing business in Istanbul and in Izmir. The size of Istanbul blows me away, whereas the laid back friendliness of Izmir is very welcome. But I agree with you, in Kalkan you can totally relax which is just what we need to do at least once a year.

Cheers

Antler

Offline frangaz16

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: New to Site
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 07:50:28 PM »
Hi There Antler,
Thanks for the welcome and the quick response. I agree with you Turkey is a cast and wonderous place and we intend to discover more of it over the years.  Can't wait until retirement arrives and we can relax and enjoy it even more. Hopefully I will be able to offer advise and help if needed but I feel the best way to discover Turkey is to wing it and go with the flow. We go back to Alanya in a few weeks and I must admit its like going home, which I hope it will be very soon. Hope your business ventures go well. We too work for ourselves so know the rat race inside out but working for yourself has its rewards.
Once again good luck
Fran

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
hello new to this site

Started by tanya on Introduce Yourself

2 Replies
Last post July 20, 2010, 09:19:54 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Hello - New to site

Started by wendy1970 on Introduce Yourself

3 Replies
Last post September 06, 2011, 06:08:08 PM
by HolmfirthNicky
xx
Hi new to the site.

Started by BoyWonder on Introduce Yourself

8 Replies
Last post April 15, 2008, 02:32:18 PM
by BoyWonder
xx
new to site

Started by gilly123 on Introduce Yourself

2 Replies
Last post September 06, 2011, 10:09:45 AM
by Lizilu20

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal