Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Only a few more cold, damp English weeks......  (Read 4493 times)

Offline HoltHQ

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Only a few more cold, damp English weeks......
« on: August 04, 2015, 02:34:34 PM »
.....Until my long awaited two weeks in Kalkan  8)

Never been before.  Have booked a Villa in Kisla for my Husband, myself and my parents.  Between us all we have had a bit of a rubbish year, especially health wise - so we are looking for rest, relaxation, sun, sea and red wine! 

For a few years we have loved Skiathos and other Greek destinations, until I found an article that declared if we liked Skiathos we would LOVE Kalkan - much research followed and many a website consulted until we booked.

I can not wait, and have been devouring all of the information on here with much enthusiasm. 
Would love to hear about.......
What people think of Kisla
Quiet boat trips for two
Turkish barbers - husband wants the whole flaming cotton bud type experience!

thanks all

Holty

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12952.0

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Only a few more cold, damp English weeks......
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 03:09:25 PM »
Welcome to the forum Holt.   I am sure you will get lots of suggestions from members on boat trips etc but I do feel that if you enjoy Skiathos you will indeed love Kalkan.   I stayed at Skopelos a couple of times some years ago and visited Skiathos.   Lovely places but Kalkan is somewhere people keep returning to.    Are you visiting in September?   A good time of year.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 03:23:34 PM »
Hello Holty, how exciting to be looking forward to your first Kalkan holiday......are you ready to ctch the bug?
We've never stayed in Kisla but you will get great sunsets on that side of the bay.
It would be quite expensive to book a boat just for two but there are a couple of smaller boats tht I'm sure people will mention. Most tKe around 12ish and as you are going out of the summer holidays the atmosphere will be quite chilled anyway.
My son in law loved his Turkish shaves this year, he went to Eddies which is on a little side turning near Abi travel on the Main Street in the old town
Hope you have a brilliant time  :laugh:

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2638
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 07:56:28 PM »
Hi Holty and welcome to the forum and Kalkan. We stayed in Kisla a few years ago and have to agree that you get the best sunsets on that side of the bay. We found that it was a bit too far to walk into Kalkan from there but taxis are cheap and easy to book. You will most definitely have a relaxing time and I'm sure that you will find time for a glass or two of red wine. My first experience of a Turkish barber shop was a visit to the 'shed' situated on the way into town. As I endured the flaming cotton buds and obligatory massage  my family and others sat outside enjoying every minute of my torture!! All joking aside it was a really good experience and one that I look forward to on every visit. You will be spoilt for choice with the large number of excellent restaurants and I truly expect that Kalkan will deliver everything that you would wish for as a relaxing holiday destination.

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 06:14:54 AM »
Hi Holty,

Welcome to the forum.You will love Kalkan ,the amazing views,the cuisine that all of the many top notch eateries offer and the great genuine warmth and friendliness of the locals.

Kisla is great with a great beach club,villa mahal with indeed the most spectacular sunsets.Also you get the longest amount of time before the sun goes down,as it sets directly opposite............so more sunbathing....a Bonus.

Personally,the views are the best in Kalkan,on that side of the bay as you get the widthways panoramic view of the bay from the islands on the left right round to looking at kalkan town,the harbour and beach.
It is great to look across at Kalkan at night with the twinkling lights,shimmering on the waters edge.

Kisla is a little far to walk,especially in August.A lot do though as it is a very pleasant walk along the service road to Kalkan.You could easily do this and maybe get a taxi back to Kisla.

We have an apartment in Komurluk,between Kisla and Kalkan,so the same side of the bay but closer to town for walking.

Enjoy your holiday and have a fantactic time.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

o direct    http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p8154298

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
when hot when cold

Started by billy on Weather

2 Replies
Last post April 25, 2009, 09:23:16 AM
by billy
xx
How cold is the sea?

Started by kalkan4eva on General Discussion

8 Replies
Last post April 17, 2010, 05:40:30 PM
by howmad
xx
Cold !!!

Started by misty on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post December 18, 2010, 08:29:27 PM
by Blue Lizard
xx
Hello from wet cold UK uugghhh

Started by Lynnecurtis on Introduce Yourself

0 Replies
Last post August 12, 2008, 12:15:50 PM
by Lynnecurtis

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

flowers

Views: 4681
By: irfan
Kaputas