Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Weather end of May  (Read 2560 times)

Offline JanB

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Weather end of May
« on: May 08, 2012, 10:32:03 AM »
Hi everyone

I am a Kalkan regular but usually come in July/August.  This year I am coming at the end of May and am wondering what to pack in terms of clothes?  Will I need a cardi in the day/evening or something more?  Also, any advice on things to do/places to go as a first time single traveller?

Look forward to hearing from someone ..... and enjoy the summer!

JanB

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9400.0

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
Re: Weather end of May
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 11:21:24 AM »
We went in May the first time we went to Kalkan in 2002!  It is warm during the day - easily warm enough for sunbathing in bikini etc, but the evenings get a bit chilly so a wrap or light cardi would be a good idea. Very occasionally you might get a shower so a brolly would be good to stick in the bottom of your wardrobe just in case.  It is a beautiful ti e of year to go as the flowers are orgeous and it's not too hot for a spot of walking.  We saw quite a few single people last year and the waiters seem very sensitive to them.  I'd think a boat trip or one of the excursions such as Saklikent or Kekova might give you a chance to meet some fellow holidaymakers if you want to, or there are some lovely walks, painting and drawing etc if that appeals.   If you like driving there are some lovely mountain villages to explore too.  Or a shopping trip to Kas or Fethiye?  Just a few ideas! Have a great time. SX :) ;)

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 11:23:23 AM »
Hi JanB,  I think it extremely unlikely that you will need a cardi in the day time at the end of May.   You might just want one, or a pashmina, later in the evening depending on how you feel the cold.  Not as hot as July/August but should be really lovely and warm.

As a single traveller I would think it could be a good idea to go on one or two trips, such as the visit to Kekova.    You will have lots of people around you.   You may meet others travelling singly but even if you don't you will have lots of opportunities for chatting on the boat part of the trip.   Where are you staying in Kalkan?   If you let us know you may find others from the forum will be there as well.

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 11:33:48 AM »
Tortoise lady - great minds think alike!!

Offline tonik1945

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 11:47:36 AM »
 I wear a hoody on the plane and pack a pashmina if its a light colour can be used during day to protect against the sunas well as at night. I would also talk to Mehmet who runs unlimited-holidays about trips out, his office is next to A La Turka an excellent linen shop with wonderful turkish towels which make good presents just up from Cafe del Mar. I am coming on my own in July and plan to take a couple of boat trips which gives the opportunity to chat with others.

Offline Goldilocks

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 07:18:31 PM »

...  Also, any advice on things to do/places to go as a first time single traveller? ...

Hi JanB,

After a cancelled Kalkan holiday last year I'm on my own mid/end of May, too and just thinking about exactly the same things  :D.

I'm sure, a day trip to Kekova or Saklikent is really a good choice, just thinking about to do the same. And I agree with Skunk,  Shopping (perhaps even in a shoe or handbag shop ... o dear ...  ;D) is always a good idea. I think to spend the days is quite easy and I guess in Kalkan you will enjoy the days whatever you do, the evenings will be a challenge. Kalkan has so many nice roof top restaurants and bars and I have no idea whether I find the courage to go there on my own ... ???

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 07:27:38 PM »
For evenings on your own how about one of two of the BBQs at places like Cafe Vita, Samira hotel etc?   Lots of people in friendly mood, easy to mix.   Presumably some places have long tables rather than just individual?   And a late afternoon/evening trip to Xanthos, which normally finish with supper at a trout farm where again everyone is gathered together in a friendly way.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

recycled
weather

Started by theowl on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post July 30, 2010, 05:03:32 PM
by lorilou
xx
Weather

Started by alantj on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post April 08, 2011, 06:55:39 AM
by mark
xx
weather

Started by Babs on Weather

1 Replies
Last post May 07, 2011, 10:46:20 PM
by tonik1945
xx
Weather in May

Started by Sandancer on Weather

7 Replies
Last post May 03, 2012, 07:49:45 AM
by dshiels

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan at night

Views: 2763
By: zros
Old Town