Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Winter in Kalkan 2012 (Back on!)  (Read 1994 times)

Offline Marje40

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Winter in Kalkan 2012 (Back on!)
« on: July 24, 2012, 10:12:15 AM »
It seems likely that we will definitely be spending winter in Kalkan now but decided against driving and it seems likely we will take the train instead - perhaps far more sensible!

I'm just checking that we can take the dog on each phase of it as I know the last section into Istanbul is currently served via bus instead.  The man in "Seat 61" has been a fabulous source of advice for this, and it seems as if it will work out cheaper than driving.

Only downside is not having the car and getting from Izmir to Kalkan with the dog, but I'm assuming there would be a taxi who would take the dog, perhaps having a couple of overnight stops en-route.

The difficulty in this is mainly with the dog, I am waiting to hear back from European rail services, as the timetable isn't quite available yet.

However, the dog export certificate is only valid for 7 days from the date of issue, I then need to send it off to Milton Keynes to be "legalised", await its return before embarking on the train journey from Scotland, via Hook of Holland, Munich, Budapest, Bucharest etc. etc.

It doesn't allow any room for errors really and I worry that when I get to the Turkish border there might be a problem.  Charlie-Brown already has his pet passport and shall be having his blood test in a couple of weeks, so that's fine, but it's a little scary travelling all that way and perhaps having a problem.

Has anyone entered Turkey with a dog via the train?  I read a post on another site that someone else bringing their dogs in by car were just waved through without looking at their documents, but it's luck of the draw I suppose.

Would be interested to know of anyone else's experience of this.

Thanks.

Marje

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9890.0
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 06:53:47 AM by Marje40 »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Advice Needed on driving to Kalkan Winter 2012

Started by Marje40 on Holiday Reports and Reviews

9 Replies
Last post February 08, 2012, 03:31:30 PM
by Hobbit
xx
Back from hols 2 days and have already booked for 2012

Started by Helise on Holiday Reports and Reviews

4 Replies
Last post September 06, 2011, 12:37:16 AM
by kalkanchris
xx
Winter in Kalkan

Started by Lougie on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post August 05, 2008, 10:36:00 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Winter Kalkan

Started by Lougie on Holiday Reports and Reviews

4 Replies
Last post January 08, 2009, 01:27:34 PM
by onelove

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal