Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Beach Clubs  (Read 3873 times)

Offline tonye1960

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Beach Clubs
« on: June 21, 2016, 01:08:39 PM »
Hi, well two weeks before i go for the first time, so trying to gather some information. Can anyone let me know which beach clubs they consider the best ? I know it can be personal choice, but an insight into each would be nice. also costs involved would be nice to know, eg. sunbed hire , drinks, food etc. anything else anyone can think of that would be of interest to a first timer.
Thanks
Tony

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13386.0

Offline Sezkalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
    • Fabio
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Beach Clubs
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 01:38:55 PM »
Hi there
We've only ever done 3 beach clubs; Indigo, Yali and the other one is across the bay and I can't remember what it's called!  However, the best one for us is Indigo, which is just by the Harbour.  I couldn't even tell you how much they charge for sunbed hire, as you just set up a 'tab' when you go in and pay when you go out - all in.  Food there is fantastic.  You can also take your own water, whereas the one we went to across the bay, they search your bags and take your water away!!  Indigo also offer free Turkish tea and cake at the end of the day!
We spent the day at Yali when we were there in October and although we really liked it and it is lovely, we didn't enjoy the food, although it was end of season and I don't think they had their usual chef, so we will definitely try it again when we go in a couple of weeks. 
As you say, it may just be personal choice.
Good luck.
Our property - 3 bed, 3 bath, OWN POOL, fab location:-

https://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p1897579
www.kalkanpad.com
Facebook:- Apartment Fabio, Kalkan

Offline Irene

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 01:49:19 PM »
Another vote for Indigo - had a lovely lunch & afternoon there last week with some friends - can recommend

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 04:03:24 PM »
We've used a different three
Palm Beach, boat from the harbour, our favourite, friendly, good food, not sure of exact prices as set up a tab but always seems very reasonable, table tennis, access to water sports
Mahal, boat from the harbour, considers itself the most exclusive, very quiet and spacious, so a good escape when there are children around as there isn't really anything for them. In our opinion food is over priced but the loo has a view to kill for!
Kalamar, I think they will still pay for your taxi, great for kids and teenagers, canoes, trampoline, pedaloes, but we enjoy it when there are no kids around as they let grown ups use all of the above! Good food, similar prices to Palm
Have a look at their websites and see which ones you like the look of
Don't forget there is always the lovely town beach!  :laugh:

Offline leesyloo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 06:20:00 PM »
Never tried any others but spent lots of time at Indigo Beach Club...really good sunbed area & lovely restaurant x

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 06:29:08 PM »
Another vote for Palm. Nice chilled vibe there, lovely food and good cocktails :)
We spent a full day there yesterday and it cost the two of us 264TL. We had tea on arrival, about 5 large waters, lunch (mixed grill and fried cheese salad), 5 beers, 2 glasses of rose, 2 ice creams and two Long Island iced teas plus our beds and a parasol.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline lurcherlou

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 07:14:14 PM »
We're hiring a villa with a pool - flying out next week, not that I'm counting the days ! - and, although we'll be by the villa's pool most of the time ,( with the occassional day on Patara beach )  I'd like to do a day at a beach club as a treat for all of us - does anyone know if the Villa Mahal beach club charge for beds/parasols, or is it taken from your tab ? Also, how do you find it if driving, or is there a boat from Kalkan harbour ? Many thanks !

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 08:18:07 PM »
There is a very nice water taxi for Mahal beach club which picks up by fenner bar at the harbour.Not sure of the cost but im sure they do charge for beds etc.You also have the choice of Kalkan beach park<Patara prince resort pool and /or Palm beach club in Koimurluk........Palm beach club charge around 10 tl for 2 beds and a parasol plus free use of the water taxi.

There is also Komurluk beach club which is brand new........very plush and not positive its open yet as it was still being constructed in May.
..................................................................................
o direct    http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p8154298
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 08:22:41 PM by Mayday1 »

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2016, 09:24:37 PM »
I understand the new beach club in Komurluk won't be open this year as they missed the deadline for completion...
Lurcherloo, last time we went to Mahal we were charged for the beds on top of our tab.
You can drive there or get the water taxi as Mayday1 says or if you're mad like us you can walk  :D ;D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

recycled
beach clubs?

Started by lucyandsteven88 on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post June 01, 2010, 11:49:30 AM
by lucyandsteven88
xx
Beach Clubs

Started by kizzy on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

11 Replies
Last post June 23, 2014, 10:10:03 PM
by Babs
xx
Beach clubs

Started by phil3 on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

6 Replies
Last post December 19, 2017, 07:58:33 PM
by juanmartin
xx
Beach Clubs

Started by LancashireLass on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

6 Replies
Last post May 04, 2012, 12:31:32 PM
by nakres84

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

EK 70s Night

Views: 3827
By: Enjoy Kalkan
capodocia