Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: boat trip  (Read 3237 times)

Offline Mackem

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
boat trip
« on: August 07, 2009, 08:06:09 PM »
I would like to go on a boat trip when i visit Kalkan (but not all day).  Can anyone advise a trip and how much can i expect to pay?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4066.0

Offline FIONAMCGREGOR

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Re: boat trip
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 09:07:19 AM »
Well, there is a very good trip with a man called Captain George.

I forgot the name of the tour, but if you go down by the harbour, look for the sign with a picture of a man with an octopus on his head.

That will be Captain George.

I don't know how much you have to pay for it, but I wil tell you about it.

The boat stops of at several beaches for you to get of and explore for 10 minutes. He also stops at Snake island and Mouse island for you to go on them and look around. He also makes some stops in the middle of the sea so you can jump of the ship and into the water for a splash. If you ask, you can get some scuba gear so you can look at the fish underwater.

You can also get a fishing rod and try and catch some fish, which captain george will then cook for lunch, with some curry and wild rice. He is nice and you can buy fruit salads and soft drinks from him.

You must look out while on Snake or Mouse island though, as there are sea urchins on the rocks which will attach themselves to your foot if you step on them. Removing them at the hospital can be quite painful, as my brother has went through the process before.

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 09:55:12 AM »
We went Yildiz on both of our trips to Kalkan and they are great.

It is a family business and they have two boats - one for 6 people and one for 12 and you can either join other people on the boat or book it exclusively for your party - it is 35tl per person and you get tea or coffee when you get on, a gorgeous homemade lunch, fruit plate in the afternoon and cake and coffee at 5 - your drinks will be extra but it's well worth the money!

Have a look at their website http://www.yildizboat.com/ but make sure you book in plenty of time because we tried to book again for the following week and they were fully booked.
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 09:56:10 AM »
how come the hospital didn't get the octopus off Captain Georges head? :D :angel:
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 10:48:37 AM by blue lizard »
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline claire

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 01:38:33 PM »
how come the hospital didn't get the octopus off Captain Georges head? :D :angel:

I just made a small wee...

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 06:18:02 PM »
I agree with Turkeyfan. We've hired Yildiz 1 a few times just for ourselves and it's a great day out - Adem is a wonderful captain. The afternoon tea is served with the most amazing homemade cake :-*
I appreciate you don't want to go for the whole day Mackem, so perhaps hiring one of the smaller boats is your only option. You can say what time you want to leave and what time you want to get back if you are the only ones on board. As Fiona points out, take some crocks (or similar) for walking on the rocks or for the mud bath ;)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Restaurant and boat trip reviews from our recent trip....

Started by elainecris on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post September 11, 2011, 07:37:19 PM
by Skunk
xx
boat trip ?

Started by kazaroni64 on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post June 13, 2010, 08:18:34 AM
by kazaroni64
xx
Boat trip for 2

Started by Csardas on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

3 Replies
Last post October 30, 2011, 05:02:24 PM
by turkeyfan
xx
Falcon Boat Trip

Started by Chucky on Flights and Travel

3 Replies
Last post July 23, 2008, 07:21:10 PM
by Lorretta

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

gift shops

Views: 5048
By: irfan
Proud Auntie