Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Boat Trips  (Read 6080 times)

Offline kizzy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Boat Trips
« on: June 23, 2014, 01:46:37 PM »
Hi, apologies if this has already been asked.....it is better to pre-book a boat trip or is it safe to go to the harbour and book one when we arrive in Kalkan (on Sunday, cant wait ;D ;D ;D).  There are only 4 of us so would could not afford to book a boat to ourselves so would look to join in the fun with other people  :D

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12203.0

Offline steviemac

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Re: Boat Trips
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 03:24:22 PM »
Hi

We managed to book the large boat same morning yesterday for 2 and there was still plenty of space on deck cheaper if you book direct on quayeither on the day or day before ... rather than via agent... the cost well "cheap as chips " comes to mind ! but the value awesome fantastic day ....make sure you go  :D

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 03:59:31 PM »
I'm sure this early in the season you will be fine kizzy but I would go down to the harbour soon after you arrive to arrange it. If you have a particular boat you would live to go on then search boat trips on here and you will find lots of contact details. Our personal favourite is Moby Dick but everyone has a first choice. Enjoy!!

Offline The Engineer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
    • The Engineer
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 04:12:53 PM »
WE have met some lovely people on boat trips just going down to the harbour and taking the first boat going out. All the boats are great and you would have a good day out what ever boat you end up on. You could also go to the harbour the night before and see what boats are going out the next day & book it.

M

Offline kizzy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 07:49:06 PM »
Thanks all that's great.  Think we will have a wander down to the harbour and book it then  ;D ;D ;D  Counting the days now!

Offline satovod

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 12
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 10:52:21 PM »
i cannot agree that all boats are the same. The really good ones are fully booked for next week at least.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 10:58:27 PM »
We just about scraped on to Yildiz 2 with Osman for Friday and we spoke to him the first week we arrived of our three week stay.....! My advice is to book as early as possible.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 10:06:51 AM »
We always book from home to avoid disappointment.  We have booked Yildiz and Pina X for August, in fact one of the dates when I emailed at Easter for Pina X was already fully booked, so worth emailing I always think. You can usually get a boat trip while in Kalkan, but if you have a preference, then best to book in advance I think!

J

Offline Skiddy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2014, 05:32:42 PM »
People,
What constitutes a 'good boat trip'?  How do I recognise a 'good boat' ?
We're newbies and want a boat trip out somewhere, to see/do something. And therein lies the problem.
Where should we go? Which boat should we choose? How much should we pay?
Our apartment owner says he can organise a private boat for a day, trip to a secluded bay, catch and cook fish for dinner, swim/snorkel etc  for about 200 sterling for five of us.
Should we trust his local knowledge and order/pay up front? or at the other extreme turn up one morning and choose an excursion based upon the pretty colours that the boat's painted in?

Any thoughts?

PS: Same for car-hire: big international brand? pre-book through owner? or turn up ad hoc?

Cheers
I hope I live until I die.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2014, 05:46:19 PM »
Hi Skiddy, it depends on what you prefer really, if you want a private hire just for the 5 of you, then you will pay more, but most of the boats take around 12 people, where you can mix and meet other people.  I think the going rate this year is around 60TL per person, which works out around £16.50 each at the current exchange rate.  All the boat trips tend to do more of the same, secluded bays, swimming and diving off the boat, snorkelling, always a fabulous lunch, sometimes fish if they catch them en route.  It is just down to personal preference, we have done both type of trips, and always have a wonderful day out.  It is one of our favourite things to do while we are in Kalkan, and always do a few! They also do moonlight cruises too, where you leave around 6pm and go out to see the sunset and have a bbq on board and swim and then return to Kalkan watching the stars around 11pm! Absolutely an idealic way to spend  a summer's evening in Kalkan!

Jayne & Bob

Offline Skiddy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2014, 05:52:56 PM »
Excellent. Thankyou B&J.  Quick, helpful reply really appreciated.

Do you reckon it would be ok to trust the package put together by our accom. owner?

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2014, 05:59:13 PM »
You will need to compare the two, and what you want, but a private trip if that is what you want is brilliant too.  Everyone is so nice am sure it will be fine, if a private one is what you prefer.  Have a great time whatever you decide.  Will be nice to hear all about it.  Sorry if I've missed it, but when do you go to Kalkan. 

Jayne & Bob

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2014, 08:48:02 PM »
Skiddy, I'll second what B & J said, a great day out with about a dozen people, these aren't large mobile discos you get at large resorts, just a sedate sail with about 5 stops to swim & eat. We've only done the Yildiz boats but I understand the format is the same, there's no competition re prices they all charge the same I think 60TL which is dirt cheap for a great day out. I understand in high season it is best to try & book in advance, Google Kalkan boats & you should get results. With regards car hire we used Dalaman Cars at the airport but last time we used Brave Tours who are in town but also have an office by airport, both were very good & the trip from airport to Kalkan is a piece of cake, just get on D400 & drive.

Offline Skiddy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2014, 09:13:57 PM »
It's not just that Turkey is a nice place. 
         It's not just that the Turkish are nice people.
                    It seems that only nice people go there too.
                                  And that means YOU.

Thank you, your responses are appreciated.

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2014, 09:39:28 PM »
Skiddy if you ask the apartment owner the name of the boat they recommend then I'm sure someone on here will know it and the captain and give you their opinion.  For car hire I recommend Brave Tours, who have already been mentioned.  You would need to book car hire in the height if summer in advance.  Have a great holiday.

Offline The Engineer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
    • The Engineer
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2014, 08:49:33 AM »
We did a private hire in June "The Kartel" we have hired it several times before (we chose it because the loo was good) It holds 12 people and cost 700 Tkl around 60 Tkl per person. It's always a good day out and he takes you to 4 bays for swimming and eating. Lunch is always excellent and he will do fish if you ask at the time of booking this is always followed by a plate of fresh fruit in the afternoon and Tea & Cake before returning around 5 pm. Great value I would highly recommend this boat.
As previously said we have been out on a boat by just going to the harbour and taking the first boat going out with a mix of people unknown. This also works and can add to the enjoyment we have met some very nice people this way.

For car hire we use Al&Tu down on the harbour nice cars and very reliable. We have also used Brave cars in the past but they seem to book up quite quickly so I'm not sure you would get a car without booking in advance in the season.

M

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Boat trips

Started by Kalkan-Fan on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

6 Replies
Last post September 13, 2010, 08:38:59 AM
by iminei
xx
Boat Trips

Started by Bexscho on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

6 Replies
Last post May 29, 2012, 03:03:11 PM
by Pompeyalbie
recycled
Boat trips

Started by elcee on General Discussion

8 Replies
Last post September 11, 2009, 11:35:17 PM
by tonik
xx
boat trips?

Started by lucyandsteven88 on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

27 Replies
Last post August 24, 2010, 04:24:23 PM
by Janey28

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal