Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Holiday Reports and Reviews => Topic started by: Belladonna on July 18, 2017, 10:37:48 PM

Title: Going back after 5 years!
Post by: Belladonna on July 18, 2017, 10:37:48 PM
Hi all, we came to Kalkan in 2012 to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary, well this year it's our 30th so we thought what better place to return to!

We're again staying at the Regency which we loved so much, travellling out on 9 Sept.

I was just wondering if much had changed since then, we went to places like Moonlight restaurant, Bread and More and Johnnies on Kalamar Road, plus Chillies, Ozalp , Moonlight bar, Aubergine, and wonder if they are still there/changed.

So looking forward to returning!

Heidi

Title: Re: Going back after 5 years!
Post by: Haybo on July 19, 2017, 01:47:13 PM
What a great place to head back to!  Not all of those places still exist, so you will have fun trying new ones out!  Hopefully you will blog about your new discoveries!
Post by: kalkan4eva on July 19, 2017, 02:54:55 PM
Kalkan will welcome you back with open arms :)
Actually all those places do still exist...Ozalp has changed its name to Paprika but its still the same family running it!
Post by: Belladonna on July 19, 2017, 04:44:54 PM
Thanks for the replies, of course we will be keen to try out new places but it will also be nice to return to a couple of familiar ones!
Post by: keith on July 20, 2017, 02:59:24 PM
Hi Belladonna.............I'm sure that your 30th wedding anniversary celebration will be every bit as good as your 25th. We're out there from 11th September and we may well call along to the Regency's BBQ night on the second week of our holiday. Their mezes are to die for and I seem to recall that we were so full that we didn't actually manage to eat the main BBQ. Having said that we always seem to make plans but, once in Kalkan, we tend to slip into total relaxation mode and our plans disappear out of the window.
Post by: Belladonna on July 20, 2017, 04:31:37 PM
Hi Keith, last time we were there the BBQ was on the exact day of our anniversary.  I agree with you on the food, it was lovely but the best thing was that they announced our anniversary over the loudspeaker, then brought us a beautiful heart shaped cake with sparklers covered in silver balls - it made our night  :D hope you have a great time!
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal