Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping => Topic started by: pw on September 08, 2017, 07:52:17 PM

Title: Friends of gin
Post by: pw on September 08, 2017, 07:52:17 PM
The answer to this question will determine which gin I bring out........

Can you get pink grapefruit in Kalkan? If the answer is yes I will be bringing Brockmans. If not, Slingsby's rhubarb will be my choice for rooftop sundowner.

Cheers.

pw
(15 sleeps)
Title: Re: Friends of gin
Post by: chrissy1 on September 09, 2017, 05:35:08 AM
Yes PW you can get pink grapefruit, there is also sparkling grapefruit drink which we use from Migros or Carrefour which is perfect for a gin mixer. It's Ulgad I think is the make the same make as the sugar free lemonade you can get. Not sure if that's the correct manufacturer name but it's something like that. In Migros if they have it it's in the fridges not on the shelves. Hope this helps and you like it ... we do
Post by: pw on September 09, 2017, 07:55:16 AM
Yes PW you can get pink grapefruit, there is also sparkling grapefruit drink which we use from Migros or Carrefour which is perfect for a gin mixer. It's Ulgad I think is the make the same make as the sugar free lemonade you can get. Not sure if that's the correct manufacturer name but it's something like that. In Migros if they have it it's in the fridges not on the shelves. Hope this helps and you like it ... we do

Thanks, Chrissy1 👍🏻🍊🥂

pw
Post by: keith on September 09, 2017, 03:32:05 PM
pw....... I attended a gin tasting night yesterday and have to say that the Brockman was my favourite. I drank it with ginger ale and it really hit the spot.I'll definitely be looking for a bottle or two in duty free.
Post by: pw on September 10, 2017, 08:51:20 AM
You can't get Brockmans at LBA duty free, Keith, so I'll be packing a bottle! Might pack a Slingsby's rhubarb as well!!!

pw
Post by: keith on September 10, 2017, 01:47:54 PM
I haven't managed to find a bottle as yet and so I may have to stick with Blue Sapphire for this visit. I have to say that I enjoyed the rhubarb gin as well. They both mixed well with ginger ale. Enjoy your holiday and, if by chance we meet in Kalkan, I promise not to drink all of your gin.
Post by: pw on September 10, 2017, 02:28:46 PM
I haven't managed to find a bottle as yet and so I may have to stick with Blue Sapphire for this visit. I have to say that I enjoyed the rhubarb gin as well. They both mixed well with ginger ale. Enjoy your holiday and, if by chance we meet in Kalkan, I promise not to drink all of your gin.

M&S have it in. Currently £3 off @ £31
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal