Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping => Topic started by: pw on October 02, 2017, 03:38:32 PM

Title: Winding down.......
Post by: pw on October 02, 2017, 03:38:32 PM
Agora (2 of the best meals this year) and Samdan (never been) both now closed for the season.

pw
Title: Re: Winding down.......
Post by: Lizilu20 on October 03, 2017, 09:03:29 AM
Seems early doesn't it seeing as half term isn't until the end of October and I would have thought it would bring more tourists. It doesn't seem two minutes since the start of the season but I bet it's a relief for all those hardworking restaurant staff, to be able to catch their breath and wind down for the winter.
Post by: kalkan4eva on October 03, 2017, 01:37:25 PM
I am worried for Samdam as it was pretty empty during June and you don't see it mentioned either on here or the social media groups - except in relation to their ill-judged "entertainment" at the start of the season :(
Post by: NormskiD on October 04, 2017, 03:33:26 PM
Totally agree about Agora, we had a lovely meal there in September, nice to see the man who used to be outside Chillies there, such pleasant chap.
Post by: amber on October 05, 2017, 03:58:13 AM
The Samdam Restaurant now has a "To Let" sign on the building.They are not locals and I guess they wont be coming back to Kalkan next year.
Post by: MattR on October 13, 2017, 12:45:52 AM
No such thing, being forced down would be more appropriate. If I can't get a flight that lasts less than 22hrs or £1,000 then I will not be enjoying the delights of Agora again this year.
SHAME on whoever won't fill the Monarch 'gaps' at reasonable prices.
Poor Kalkan, hoping for a miracle for all the hotels and tourist attractions.
Well done those who are flying out this month, have a great time-looks like Spain for us in November😂

MattR
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal