Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions => Topic started by: HoltHQ on April 19, 2018, 05:15:50 PM

Title: Beach Club for weaker swimmers
Post by: HoltHQ on April 19, 2018, 05:15:50 PM
Hi
Coming back for our second visit to Kalkan and can't wait!
My husband and I really loved Villa Mahal for a lazy day by the water, but we are visiting this time with some adults who aren't such good swimmers, so my question is.....

Are there any beach clubs where you can enter the water and not be out of your depth straight away?

Thanks in advance
Title: Re: Beach Club for weaker swimmers
Post by: pw on April 19, 2018, 06:37:44 PM
Kalkan Beach Park would suit you I think.

pw
Post by: mel on April 20, 2018, 08:51:57 PM
Definitely Kalkan beach parc, its a bit stoney but not as bad as the town beach, also has a small swimming pool, its my favourite out of all the beach club, nice and spacious
Post by: Kalkan regular on April 20, 2018, 09:17:25 PM
Palm beach club also has a small beach area where you can get into the water. Why not go in from steps though and take a noodle.
Post by: Lizilu20 on April 23, 2018, 01:07:45 PM
From experience, I would say that Kalkan beach park is easier to access the sea than Palm Beach (from the little beaches they both have). The beach area at Palm is very rocky underfoot and I found that I had to enter the sea on my bottom using my hands to propel me until it was deep enough to swim. Probably would have been ok if I'd been wearing beach shoes.
Post by: Blue Lizard on April 23, 2018, 01:36:14 PM
I would rather scrape my a**e over rocks than be seen in a pair of them rubber crocs >:D
Post by: Haybo on April 23, 2018, 04:08:59 PM
BL - you crack me up...I just laughed out loud at work! 
Post by: Lizilu20 on April 23, 2018, 08:25:34 PM
Ha ha ha  ;D ;D ;D

BL try hot tunas, much more street cred than crocs  ;D
Post by: kalkan4eva on April 25, 2018, 06:56:27 PM
Have to agree, crocs are deeply unattractive...although so is a scraped backside, just sayin  :o :o
I did splash out (did you see what I did there...?) on a thin-soled stylish pair a few years back - they don't even look like crocs...although I paid the inflated crocs price for them! Consequently they dont act like crocs either so I have to grin and bear it slip-sliding over the stones at the town beach, Palm Beach and any other beach you care to mention because I have to justify paying stupid money for rubber beach shoes.
Cant wait to be wearing them though ;D ;D
Post by: Bob & Jayne on April 26, 2018, 10:49:40 AM
Definitely Kalkan Beach Park is the easiest access to the sea, also an easy access pontoon you can walk out on and just sunbath if you don't want to venture into the water, it is our favourite beach club, but as for Crocs!! well I do confess to having a flip flop type pair, and no they aren't attractive but definitely serve the purpose on those stones on the beach! how I would love to be there right now wearing my Crocs!  ;D ;D ;D
Post by: kalkan4eva on April 26, 2018, 03:19:57 PM
Not long for you.... 8)
Post by: HoltHQ on April 26, 2018, 03:35:11 PM
Excellent!  Thanks for all the advice

So a couple of places to try, and advice on protecting both my feet and my bottom!

I will be using all hints and tips in just 10 days and I cant bloomin' wait  8)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal