Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping => Topic started by: jacqueline on June 07, 2018, 11:53:00 AM

Title: alcohol ban /sugar free drinks
Post by: jacqueline on June 07, 2018, 11:53:00 AM
Hi there,

Just read about a country wide  alcohol ban on 24th June.. Not a major issue but wondering what the reason is for it . Also anyone know best place (if any) to buy sugar free drinks , slimline tonic etc.. Hoping its easier now to find than a few years ago.. I know diet coke/coke zero widely available but nothing else .
many thanks
j
Title: Re: alcohol ban /sugar free drinks
Post by: Tatilde on June 07, 2018, 12:01:11 PM
It’s the election on 24th June.
Sorry, can’t help about about sugar free drinks.
Post by: jacqueline on June 07, 2018, 12:06:52 PM
Thanks ! Just googled it . That's really interesting ...is this normal practice on election days or are they expecting more trouble than usual?
Post by: Kalkan regular on June 07, 2018, 12:13:30 PM
It's during polling hours so they can't vote drunk! As a tourist you may be able to get a drink. The only other sugar free we can find is lemonade (can't remember the name, begins with a C and has a picture of a red mountain on the bottle) that you can get 'light' and an orange juice (again can't remember the name) You have to look hard for them as they aren't in every shop & supermarket.
Post by: DRBD on June 07, 2018, 02:41:06 PM
No slim line tonic.
Post by: Lizilu20 on June 07, 2018, 03:02:49 PM
It's called camlica light. I bought it from SOK supermarket last year.
Post by: Kalkan regular on June 07, 2018, 07:25:36 PM
That's the one and the drink ban on voting days is normal I think.
Post by: chickengeorge on June 08, 2018, 07:07:36 AM
Any drink with şekersiz(sugar free) on the label. Coke Zero is now labelled as this and only has a very small 'zero' wording on the label.
Post by: Chris_S on June 08, 2018, 11:14:57 AM
You could probably make a small fortune selling Fever Tree in Turkey, but it's probably not sugary enough for Turkish Tastes!  Tourists only, I suspect!

(Thinks: How many bottles could I get into a case without falling foul of the Airline's charges?)
Post by: alantj on June 09, 2018, 12:34:26 PM
Thanks ! Just googled it . That's really interesting ...is this normal practice on election days or are they expecting more trouble than usual?

It's normal practice.

However, we were out for the last election and had no problem getting drinks but they were served in coffee cups  and we were asked to keep the bottles out of view.
Post by: kalkan4eva on June 12, 2018, 10:15:46 AM
I buy the limonata seker siz and add a bottle of soda water to it (the small green glass bottles). Its a sugar free still lemonade and the soda fizzes it up beautifully.
Its also delicious with a slice of fresh lemon, ice and a splash of gin ;D ;D
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal