Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

The Owners Lounge => General Discussion => Topic started by: sausagedog on June 14, 2018, 11:24:58 AM

Title: Recommendations to advertise villa rentals on?
Post by: sausagedog on June 14, 2018, 11:24:58 AM
Hi everyone

Am looking for recommendations for a site to advertise my holiday villa on.

Have been with Owners Direct for years but am no longer happy and wish to move away from them.

Can anyone offer any advice of a good company who don't operate like Owners Direct do now?

TIA! ;D
Title: Re: Recommendations to advertise villa rentals on?
Post by: msr on June 14, 2018, 01:24:12 PM
Kalkan Secrets. They operate the same way Owners Direct used to. Remember that.......the renter has access to the owner...direct.
Would steer clear of Holiday Lettings, they are huge and headed up by Trip Advisor. They are worse than useless and are as money grabbing as Owners Direct. They decided to 'move' our villa and now say they cannot move it back. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing and they are rude and unhelpful. Horrible company.
Post by: Sezkalkan on June 14, 2018, 04:56:59 PM
I would recommend joining the ’Friends of Kalkan’ Facebook page (obviously if you’re in Facebook).youll get lots of advice.  But the obvious one is Kalkan Private Rentals (part of Kalkan Secrets now!). There are loads of Kalkan based agents but all charge 15% commission, Olive Tree Travel, Lale Homes, Escapade, also The Turquoise Collection (they charge 20%). I have my property on all of these and am full this year. It’s worth spreading yourself out.  :)
Post by: onelove on June 15, 2018, 06:46:10 AM
20% commission, yeah right 🤨
Post by: sausagedog on June 15, 2018, 03:12:07 PM
Had a look at the site recommended and I think 15% of every booking is way too high. 

However the Kalkan private rentals sister company seems like what I'm after as only want a site to advertise my villa on and then do all the bookings and money myself (like Owners Direct used to be).

Thanks everyone for your help! :)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal