Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Travel and Accommodation => Flights and Travel => Topic started by: sidari on July 07, 2018, 08:45:15 PM

Title: Four times Kalkan, first Kisla
Post by: sidari on July 07, 2018, 08:45:15 PM
Loving Kisla and the stunning views across to Kalkan and 2 weeks in front of us!
But Dalaman airport last night I think I want to forget. Always use this airport and never seen anything like the chaos ensuing. From landing at 10.35 we finally left the building at 12.15am. Then another queue on the ramp to be greeted with mayhem with meeters and greeters 6 deep in a very tiny area. Bring back the old way please. Let's hope this is just temporary.
First there were just 2 passport desks open dealing with at least 4 flight arrivals. This was increased to 6 and one of the officers stopped dealing with people to film the chaos. Tensions were high, some people were pushing in, there were angry shouts as the crowds were delayed even further as some travellers could not produce correct paperwork.
Not finished yet, 3 flights were showing for carousel 3, including ours. Even the speaker announcement said no.3. 1 mean really, I should have known that 3 was actually 7 and that Stansted was Cardiff, so should 200 others. Staff no help at all when you could actually see any.
What a tense start to everybody's holiday, you could feel it in the air. Oh well, 2 weeks to let the Kalkan magic work, not looking forward to return!
Title: Re: Four times Kalkan, first Kisla
Post by: DRBD on July 08, 2018, 08:30:07 AM
What a shame Dalaman airport still have chaos,  fully expected to hear about some being new but not that much then saying that some friends of ours have very recently used Antalya, their first Turkish trip & both arrival & departure was awful they say. Over an hour to get out of the airport after security etc? Should be no excuses there. These airport management people have got to get to grips with this situation.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal