Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

The Owners Lounge => Living In Kalkan => Topic started by: aellis on August 02, 2018, 05:42:46 PM

Title: Laser Eye Surgery
Post by: aellis on August 02, 2018, 05:42:46 PM
Hi

Has anyone had any experience of laser eye surgery in Turkey or know someone who has?
If so can anyone recommend a surgeon (I expect that we may have to travel to Istanbul) and give me an idea of the cost?

Thanks
Title: Re: Laser Eye Surgery
Post by: Chris_S on August 03, 2018, 10:48:12 AM
Ignoring the pros and cons of recommendations, my only comment would be that it would be a long way to go if you have any post-procedure issues.

They do happen!
Post by: aellis on August 03, 2018, 05:32:02 PM
Thanks Chris. Good point we will bear in mind
Post by: chickengeorge on August 05, 2018, 09:35:40 AM
I had mine done with EyeStar in Istanbul over 10 years ago and they are still perfect. I used to wear contact lenses all the time previously. Any aftercare could have been a problem but fortunately I've had no problems. They were very professional and conducted several tests beforehand to confirm suitability for the procedure. One woman who was there at the time was refused treatment because the tests found a problem and was told to see her doctor about it when she got home( to Switzerland). So they don't just go ahead unless you're right for it.
Post by: Shambo on September 22, 2018, 09:35:46 AM
I had lens replacement treatment (similar to cataract treatment) at Letoon Hospital 2 years ago, and it has changed my life.  For being -10 shortsighted, I now have virtually perfect vision.  Can highly recommend the eye doctor at Letoon, did one eye one week, and then went back next week to have the other.  Daily drops which continued for about a month, during which time I had a couple of check ups.  And the price?  About half what I would have paid in the UK.  I paid 2,500 euros for both eyes.
Post by: aellis on September 22, 2018, 06:09:29 PM
Shambo
Thank you for this information and glad your procedure was successful.
We will investigate further when we next visit Kalkan
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal