Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

The Owners Lounge => General Discussion => Topic started by: alantj on August 08, 2018, 12:14:15 AM

Title: Visa question
Post by: alantj on August 08, 2018, 12:14:15 AM

I have another visa related query which I hope should be easier to answer than the last post.

I planning to come back for my 4th visit to Kalkan this year, unfortunately my visa will run out during my stay.

Can I apply for another visa before my current one runs out. If not is there any other way round this problem.   
Title: Re: Visa question
Post by: pw on August 08, 2018, 07:17:02 AM
Can you not just apply for a new one while you’re in Kalkan?

pw
Post by: Now retired on August 08, 2018, 05:14:01 PM
Yes you can apply for a new visa before your old one runs out.
We did this last year as ours ran out 11 days after we would have arrived.
No issues.
Post by: alantj on August 08, 2018, 05:40:35 PM
I don't know, sometimes you cannot apply for visas while you are in the country. The Turkish evisa site doesn't cover this scenario.
Post by: Kalkan regular on August 08, 2018, 08:57:21 PM
You need to apply for a new visa before travel which isn't a problem provided you put the day of travel on it, not the expiry date of the old visa. You can't update your visa when in Turkey.
Post by: alantj on August 10, 2018, 09:27:59 PM
Thank you all for replying.

Happily the problem has gone away while I was waiting for advice, some cheap flights popped up so we changed our dates and saved £400 between the three of us.

If anyone is looking flights for a September trip, we found outward flights on the 13th from Gatwick for £69.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal