Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Weather => Topic started by: JonJon on October 16, 2018, 09:10:58 AM

Title: Weather in New York
Post by: JonJon on October 16, 2018, 09:10:58 AM
It's nice to be able to see the temperature etc in New York!!!

I'd much rather see what it's like in Kalkan   ???
Title: Re: Weather in New York
Post by: Lizilu20 on October 16, 2018, 09:31:50 AM
I presume you mean the weather box above the recent posts box? Well here's the thing, I can only see Ios, Greece which is 69 degrees and partly sunny as we speak. Weird how you see NY, I see Ios, but neither of us see Kalkan.  ??? ;D
Post by: tortoise lady on October 16, 2018, 09:34:10 AM
Interesting.      My box says London and that is where I am so I didn't think anything of it unless I saw this post.
Post by: DRBD on October 16, 2018, 11:24:09 AM
At the moment Kalkan weather is fabulous, just to help you out. Very hot & sunny😄😄
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on October 16, 2018, 12:42:02 PM
Do you mean the weather box on the right hand side?

Mine says Kalkan and much as I wish I was there right now I'm definitely in Manchester

Post by: Blue Lizard on October 16, 2018, 01:43:26 PM
Mine said New York yesterday..Today it says El Segundo, CA..cant change it either ::)
Post by: littlelin on October 16, 2018, 03:28:47 PM
Mine shows Kalkan 77F.
Post by: JonJon on October 16, 2018, 04:34:07 PM
Mine still says New York - & if u r interested it's 49 degrees & mostly cloudy!!
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on October 16, 2018, 04:59:13 PM
Thats really confused me as the code definitely points to Kalkan!
Its just reading the feed from AccuWeather
Post by: tortoise lady on October 16, 2018, 06:06:54 PM
I still have London.   It is in the weather box just above "Recent posts".   No problem, just interesting if some of us are getting a different forecast.   At least mine is showing London which is where I am!
Post by: msr on October 16, 2018, 07:15:17 PM
Ours says Lanzarote. It is 69 deg and sunny.
Post by: Blue Lizard on October 16, 2018, 07:23:25 PM
Desk Top.  El Segundo CA

I Pad      New York

Laptop.    New York

Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on October 16, 2018, 07:24:36 PM
This is just strange!
I’ll look now

In the meantime.... come on everyone sign up for the accommodation section and list your properties for free  ;D

https://www.enjoykalkan.com/rentals/register
Post by: Chris_S on October 17, 2018, 11:02:25 AM
According to the HTML behind the Link, the main link is Kalkan, but a few lines down (on my machine) it gives Spalding, GB. (Miles away! In whichever context.)

Maybe this is a cookie thing?  Something is rewriting the HTML code a few lines after the Main 'A HREF'.

(sorry for the HTML Coding references - ignore it if you don't understand!)
Post by: Mags on October 17, 2018, 11:36:24 AM
Mine says Warrington, GB - which is a long way from where I am!
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on October 17, 2018, 03:50:15 PM
I agree Chris_S
The link is meant to show Kalkan, I do wonder if its reading others local cookies from other sites as it certainly says Kalkan for me across all devices.

Very odd!
Post by: keith on October 17, 2018, 04:34:36 PM
Mine shows Belfast?
Post by: Gelin on October 17, 2018, 07:37:02 PM
My I-pad shows Kalkan but now in Fahrenheit ???
Post by: Bob & Jayne on October 17, 2018, 09:31:51 PM
We're in Kalkan and my mobile is showing the weather as Antalya and in Fahrenheit!!  ::)
B
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on October 17, 2018, 09:44:04 PM
I need a beer!
Post by: Blue Lizard on October 18, 2018, 09:30:50 AM
Gladly buy you one !! I know a smashing bar in downtown Manhatten.     O0 >:D
Post by: pw on October 18, 2018, 06:05:08 PM
Well, mine’s showing Kalkan! Currently dark and 73. Hopefully Fahrenheit!!

pw
Post by: littlelin on January 08, 2019, 05:22:53 PM
Mine used to show Kalkan, now shows Amsterdam  ???

Did anyone ever find out how to rectify this?

Post by: Blue Lizard on January 08, 2019, 05:29:00 PM
No... I am currently in Salisbury although I am nowhere near or have I ever been to Salisbury.... ::)
Post by: tortoise lady on January 09, 2019, 09:37:55 AM
I think I know the answer to this - just tried it out again.  Mine changed from Kalkan to London which is what I expected.  If you look up a city/place on the accuweather's own site it then puts that place on this Forum's weather link.   So try looking up Kalkan's weather on accuweather direct and then see if you have re-set on this site.   It drove me crazy some months ago until I discovered this.   

Trouble is if you then look up somewhere else on the accuweather site you will need to look up Kalkan afterwards to re-set
Post by: Blue Lizard on January 09, 2019, 10:06:38 AM
Have never  looked up anywhere as it always read Kalkan .... Now it just does as it likes . Today I am in Falmouth having left Salisbury overnight .... I must go and lie down as I am on a pushbike ;D
Post by: littlelin on January 09, 2019, 05:20:45 PM
Still showing as Amsterdam even though I changed it on Accuweather to Kalkan. I've never looked up the weather for Amsterdam either.
Post by: tortoise lady on January 09, 2019, 05:24:17 PM
Very strange.   My forecast on the Forum changes when I look up something on Accuweather.   Just tried it again an hour or two ago to London and then back to Kalkan so it seems to work for me...............   No other suggestions to offer.
Post by: Blue Lizard on January 09, 2019, 06:57:02 PM
 Just looked and I now appear to be in Los Angeles ...🇺🇸🇺🇸✈️
Post by: Blue Lizard on January 10, 2019, 09:34:53 AM
Back in New York today......... ::) 🗽
Post by: tortoise lady on January 10, 2019, 09:55:52 AM
You must be a lizard with very long legs to get around so much.   We tortoises don't travel so far so fast.   Hope it is warmer for you in New York - or perhaps a lot colder than Los Angeles?   Try suitable climes for lizards tomorrow.
Post by: Chris_S on January 10, 2019, 02:34:03 PM
Now, I'm guessing here…

I've just had a play around with a different computer (don't ask), and I tried accessing Enjoy Kalkan for the first time on it.

On our usual machine, I get Shipston on Stour

On the different machine,
With Chrome, I get Shipston-on-Stour (wherever that is);
with Vivaldi, I get Shipston-on-Stour,
with Edge, I get Shipston-on-Stour
with Internet Explorer 11, I get Shipston-on-Stour
with Firefox, I get Kalkan, TR

Repeating the exercise gives the same results, so this may help you, or John to determine the problem (though I did notice that the widget link for the banner/sidepanel has a different number for the location than Kalkan in the error-prone browsers.

Anyway, I suppose I'd better do something important now!
Post by: msr on January 10, 2019, 03:29:59 PM
Lanzarote for me 63 deg and sunny.😀
Post by: DRBD on January 11, 2019, 06:23:58 AM
Very nice place Shipston on Stour, its in Warwickshire by the way.😄😄😄
Post by: littlelin on January 11, 2019, 07:23:01 PM
Hooray, back to Kalkan for me, though it's only 53F. This is on my chromebook so Chrome.
Post by: tortoise lady on January 12, 2019, 09:59:52 AM
I am using a Sony laptop and certainly can keep changing the weather place on this Forum by looking up somewhere on Accuweather.   Just to prove that still works for me I have just switched from Kalkan to London and back again and now looked up Inverness - lo and behold the forecast on the Forum is giving me the weather in Invernesss.   Must now switch back to Kalkan asap!

Looks like this method only works on some computers??   At least it works for me now I know how to fix it.
Post by: DRBD on January 12, 2019, 12:19:03 PM
As the weather here in Kalkan is 'pants' right now, nobody is missing anything apart from very wet,very cold, & miserable. Forcast for even more rain over the next few days. Not helping the building that's for sure.
Oh goodness........The sun has just popped out😄😄😄😄😄😄😄
Post by: tortoise lady on January 12, 2019, 05:57:47 PM
DRDB - that doesn't sound like the kind of weather that will be helping the retiling of our pool.............  Lets hope it picks up in Kalkan before too long.  I think people who haven't experienced winter weather in Kalkan always appreciate it can be very different to those lovely warm summer days.   Can be lovely too of course on the warmer winter days.   Wish I could pop over there but maybe a little warmer and drier!
Post by: DRBD on January 13, 2019, 05:22:20 AM
Tortoise Lady....think your pool may be filling up rather than being retiled at the moment. This is an extremely wet time/cold time so far, have known much nicer weather. We have seen alot more snow this year already on the surrounding mountain tops. Just getting excited when the sun comes out with some warmth.
Post by: tortoise lady on January 15, 2019, 11:40:19 AM
Whoops, just checked out Seville's weather (for later in the year) on Accuweather and guess what?   Yes, I now have Seville on the forecast for this Forum.   It happens every time for me, can't understand why this doesn't work for others.  I have no technical knowledge though!   Don't even manage to post on the Forum when I am actually in Kalkan and using a Kindle rather than my laptop.

Incidentally even Seville at this moment doesn't look very tempting weatherwise.   Sleet on the horizon for London in the next few days.   Roll on summer weather and relaxing with a G and T in Kalkan looking over the bay.
Post by: kalkan4eva on January 16, 2019, 11:25:20 AM
Southampton weather for me...how bizarre! Not made any Southampton searches recently from my home in Wales
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal