Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Money & Finance => Topic started by: Lynne T on May 22, 2019, 03:55:23 PM

Title: Cash points
Post by: Lynne T on May 22, 2019, 03:55:23 PM
So I’m in Kalkan and I need to draw some money out of a cash machine , do I draw pounds or liras? Where will I not pay to draw out ?
Title: Re: Cash points
Post by: Bob & Jayne on May 22, 2019, 05:48:05 PM
Not a simple answer really.
It depends on who you bank with and what type of card you have with your bank, as your own UK bank may well charge even though the Turkish one may not.
You need to look at the terms and conditions of your bank.
Some Turkish banks now charge to draw sterling. I've not drawn sterling for a while but I think TEB still make no charge.
Similar with drawing Lira, it depends on what bank and card you are using.
We have used a Starling Bank card for the last few years which makes no additional charge themselves, but the ATM machine may. It's you're using one of these cards always draw in Lira and have it charge in Lira (not GBP, as this will use their exchange rate and charge you around 7% on top for the privilege of doing so!).
Bob
Title: Re: Cash points
Post by: Lizilu20 on May 23, 2019, 01:06:39 PM
We are with Barclays and no charge for drawing pounds out at TEB. OH then exchanges wherever has the best rate. Usually one of the banks or Merkez (usually the best rate in town we've found) if the bank is shut.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal