Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Everything Else & Classifieds => The Everything Else Area! => Topic started by: superrn on May 02, 2008, 02:55:02 AM

Title: Re: English translations for an American Lady
Post by: superrn on May 02, 2008, 02:55:02 AM
Who is Victor Meldew??? I quite got the Monica label for your crockery, towels, etc.  Ok, another Yank question..what is Effes..is that just beer?  and I guess mozzies are mosquitoes? Brolly for umbrella? I thought we had a lot of slang over here, but you all take the cake!
 and no, never been to Great Britain, but hope to some day. I am part Welsh.(Jones clan). And I have an accent even here!
Title: Re: Towels
Post by: felicity on May 02, 2008, 08:45:37 AM
Hehe Superrn..!!  ;D  Glad you find us amusing...we have to ''av a larrrffff'' at ourselves sometimes too..!!   ;)  To add to John''s comments - EFES is the trade name for turkish brand lager...delicious and thirst quenching - and great when served in frozen glasses!! 

Enjoy your time in Kalkan in September!   :)
Title: Re: Towels
Post by: Brooksie on May 02, 2008, 11:03:57 AM
Sounds like my Dad!
Post by: yelkenite on May 06, 2008, 06:11:29 PM
and you may inadvertently offend seasoned Kalkaners if you refer to Efes as ''just beer'' lol
Bill
Post by: kevincat99 on May 06, 2008, 09:14:10 PM
Hi
If you go to the Korsan Pide - Yusuf the guy there sell Tuborg - but it''s my private stock so you will have to pay over the odds for it ;D
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal