Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Everything Else & Classifieds => The Everything Else Area! => Topic started by: Chucky on May 09, 2008, 10:08:53 PM

Title: Turkish Blog
Post by: Chucky on May 09, 2008, 10:08:53 PM
I have been reading this blog for a while now and thought that some of you may enjoy it as well.
Be warned some of the language is strong and it is not always PC, but it is a funny and wry look at Turkish life.

http://arseaboutfez.blogspot.com/2008/05/hamam-home-sweat-home.html

Joan
 :D
Title: Re: Turkish Blog
Post by: holidayfever on May 09, 2008, 11:04:54 PM
What a great read, brought back so many memories, My holiday wouldn''t be complete without a Turkish bath, but for those who worry after reading it, :-[ men for god sake keep your swim wear on, and ladies Bikini''s are fine.
Post by: clooneyrooney on May 09, 2008, 11:53:06 PM
OMG. Please can someone put my mind to rest and confirm that I CAN wear my contact lenses when I have my Hamam at The Asfiya in May and that the heat will not melt them onto my eyeballs?
I''m as blind as a bat without them and would hate to think that I would miss out on any of the sights that might be in store if you know what I mean ladies!!!!  ;D ;D (I''m presuming that the facilities are unisex and not segregated into Male and Female sections?)

Thanks
Post by: felicity on May 10, 2008, 08:59:19 AM
Oh Joan - that was SUCH a funny read - and sooo accurate too..!!  Clooneyrooney - don''t worry - you will be fine with yoru contact lenses in...they are are really not that hot in there!!  And yes the facilities are unisex and the majority of time - you might want your contact lenses out...the ''sights'' are not usually that great and sometimes can be quite smelly...!!  ;D ;D  But it is such a great experience and a good thing to do at the beginning of your holiday!!
Post by: Lorretta on May 10, 2008, 12:00:50 PM
Loving that blog!
Post by: RosiB on May 10, 2008, 12:25:54 PM
Very funny!!!
Post by: Mrs B on May 10, 2008, 01:20:27 PM
A very enjoyable read...especially the photo captions!  ;)
Post by: Chucky on May 10, 2008, 05:56:12 PM
Don''t forget to read some of his earlier reports, there is a good one on the use of Lemon cologne and an hilarious guide to overtaking when driving in Turkey.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal