Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: 2010 Restaurant reviews  (Read 12789 times)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: 2010 Restaurant reviews
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2010, 04:59:19 PM »
Ramsbottom was also the snake in Sooty a Sweep :angel:
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline johnl

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2010, 10:49:00 AM »
Whilst i appreciate that prices can fluctuate ,it would be very useful if some of the restaurants could put a sample menu on the site,with prices,so that we could have some idea of how much to re- mortgage for before we get there.

Offline PACHSU

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2010, 12:10:05 PM »
Wow ! Pachsu..I bet you're very welcome in any restaurant with an attitude like that.. UK or Kalkan!

Not quite sure what you are trying to imply with your comment -perhaps you would care to explain?
I do not believe in the automatic addition of a service charge and prefer to tip if I have received good service.
The better the service the greater value tip left - surely that's how it works?

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2010, 08:43:40 AM »
had a fantastic meal at Coast@Gironda last night - fabulous service as usual and great steaks - no service charge!
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline dalymale

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2010, 04:30:27 PM »
Hello to all Kalkan lovers.....
We have just got back after two great weeks in the lovely Kalkan. On the subject of service charges, we ate out every night and I can only remember one service charge being added, @ 10% which is how I tip anyway. On the restaurant front, our favourite every year is the Alternatif, food is brilliant and the service is spot on, even cheeky at times, but then we ask for it. Lush was superb but very expensive, and the Zula was also superb and less than half the price of the Lush. We also ate twice at the Kalamaki, which is featured on the new web cam on KTLN. Strange looking at that live shot and seeing people sit at the table we were at the other day.   

Offline alshepuk

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2010, 04:53:20 PM »
Restaurant reviews from our recent trip

Barahat

Great people and nice food.  We went twice due to meeting another couple who wanted to have their last night there.  Both nights we ended up in the bar and had inpromotu belly and turkish dancing into the small hours.  Two nights I will never forget.  If you go there get them to get the drums out after service has finished.

Kosk

Still very good.  We went there for our anniversary.  We were going to the Aubergine but it was so windy so we went here instead.  Service is superb and the food is very good.  However I do not think the cost is as justified as in other top restaurants.  As they knew we were celebrating they gave us a free cocktail.  A real nice touch.

Alternatif

This was our first visit to this restaurant,  It must have been the busiest place in town.  We had read many reviews so we had to go.  Maybe we were expecting great things but I was not overly impressed.  Service was not great and the steaks we had were good but the sauce served with them was not the best.  Would not rush to go back again.

Garden Cafe and Restaurant

The once bar has now been converted into more of a restaurant.  Still the same owner but has some nice seating if you just want a drink.  We had a great meal there from the BBQ.  A couple of beers each and a great shish for 45 lira.  Their free garlic bread is superb.

Cafe Zula

This is the home of what we think is the best value dish in Kalkan.  My wife had been told about the Cafe Zula's Saffron Chicken.  She tried it and said it was the best thing she ate all holiday.  To top it all it was only 14 Lira.  It was so good we had to go back.  The only thing it is a bit lacking in atmoshphere as it was quiet both times we went but please do not let this stop you from going along.

Offline alisonh

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2010, 08:06:18 PM »
We were very impressed with The Olive Garden for overall quality, service and price.  If you like the taste of strong cheese, I can recommend the Goats Cheese Flan with caramelised onion base - delicious and a welcome change from the usual meat or fish dishes.  Every table was full when we were there last week and they are still serving the complimentary dessert of mini doughnut balls with small jugs of chocolate sauce and cream, yummy!

Offline kalkanholiday

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2010, 05:08:47 PM »
Best meal we have eaten so far in Kalkan was at Aubergine, still another week to go so plenty more to try but I can definitely say we will be going to Aubergine again before the end of the holiday. We also quite enjoyed Alternatif and the Olive Garden is also on our list after reading some of the reviews.

Offline alshepuk

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2010, 05:15:00 PM »
If you get the chance and you want a reasonable price meal please try Cafe Zula.  Would be interested in what you think.  Have a great time.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Restaurant reviews - who do you believe?

Started by Alfaman on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

16 Replies
Last post April 06, 2010, 06:26:03 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Restaurant Reviews - an idea

Started by pw on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

7 Replies
Last post June 28, 2011, 11:39:04 AM
by Baggy
xx
Wanted- Restaurant reviews

Started by Lynne T on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

35 Replies
Last post May 29, 2013, 03:26:41 PM
by Rachey
xx
Any restaurant reviews for 2011?

Started by chrissy1 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

116 Replies
Last post August 11, 2011, 07:57:35 PM
by Potter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Emir Pool

Views: 4378
By: Kalkan-Mina
Kittens