Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Aubergine v Coast@Gironda  (Read 4081 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Aubergine v Coast@Gironda
« on: October 21, 2009, 12:34:09 AM »
Aubergine has always been our favourite Kalkan restaurant and we've enjoyed many lovely meals there over the years. When we were there earlier this year for our second meal of the holiday, I had the worst food and service I've ever had in any restaurant in Kalkan - even more dissapointing as it was our last evening >:(
Undaunted, and because we were prepared to give the restaurant the benefit of the doubt, we returned last Saturday evening. Our pre-booked table was only given to us after a bit of a protest (after all we'd booked 4 days in advance and were the first names on the page and had pointed to our preferred table at the time, why should that be a problem?). The restaurant was only half full - what we'd expect for October, but the table incident was just the start...the service was sadly lacking from the high standards we'd previously experienced there. Whilst the food was lovely and the evening a vast improvement from our last visit, I think Aubergine has lost its edge. It appears to be resting on a reputation it no longer deserves and I've no desire to support that myth further. For us, Coast@Gironda beats Aubergine hands down now, Omer has done a great job and for a similar price and quality of food we'd rather go to Coast and enjoy their exceptional service. We won't be returning to Aubergine in the near future.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4617.0
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Aubergine v Coast@Gironda
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 12:42:50 AM »
Had a terrible meal at Coast@Gironda in July! Won't be back!! Each to his/her own!!
Rx

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 10:24:58 AM »
never been back to Aubergine since dinner took hours and was cold .i grew a beard and went for a shave after!! :D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 10:38:36 AM »
Never had a bad meal at Aubergines some better than others....is there any news on Daphne's will it be open next season ???

Offline Alfie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 07:44:20 PM »
Kalamaki at the old coast is the best for me.  We're spoilt though aren't we?

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 07:48:06 PM »
Hey K4E - Coast is our favourite too!  I'm fascinated by the differing opinions on the restaurants and love to see how/why folk prefer x over y etc.  It's just as well we all have different favourites else I'd never be able to get my favourite table at Coast!  Can't wait until next year to see what Omer and Ilhan do to the Jasmine Garden - or what they will call it...maybe Coast2Coast?

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 05:50:49 PM »
Hey Rachey - totally agree. It wouldn't do to have the same favourites and generally the food and standard of service is fabulous wherever you go.
Omer was telling us about the new venture at Jasmine Garden...should be interesting ;)
We thought Coast@the Harbour might work...although I like Coast2Coast..he's looking for ideas so who knows ;D

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 05:57:42 PM »
Jasmine Garden is I think on the Harbour alongside Aubergine and Trio. Strange but despite visiting so many of the Kalkan restaurants I've never tried Jasmine Garden or really heard anyone commenting on it ???

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 02:33:24 PM »
Hi
We had a lovely meal in Aubergine a few weeks ago, good service and standards as good as they have always been. Had to take out a 2nd mortgage of course...
Em
Em

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2009, 02:59:43 PM »
Hey Em1, I'm assuming you didn't have wine with your meal then??!!  ;)

Offline Tyros

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2009, 08:16:01 PM »
Been to Aubergine tonight. Perfect evening with fantastic food and great service. We have been going to Aubergine for a few years and only once was the service  poor, which was in June this year. However tonight was first class. It is a pitty that we cannot find such a perfect restaurant in the UK without spending megabucks!!
Cheers
Tyros

Offline Tyros

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2009, 08:45:55 PM »
We were on a mission to contribute our opinion to this thread but unfortunately the Coast@Gironda is now closed. A shame but we went to the Doy Doy instead and have to say that it is not up to the standard, in both quality of food and service, of the Aubergine.
Regards
Tyros

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 10:27:31 PM »
We have been to Jasmine Gardens several times, we have eaten there the last 2 Christmas's & last New Years Eve, it was lovely, the atmosphere as well, infact a large group of people who had eaten earlier at the Aubergine & who got fed up with there joined us & we ended up with a fantastic party & fireworks.
  It seems its in for a change, lets hope it isn't spoilt, was hoping to be there again this Christmas  & New Year.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Gironda at Coast

Started by kalkanbelle on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

17 Replies
Last post July 26, 2009, 09:08:22 PM
by howmad
thumbup
Coast - back to Gironda

Started by JulesCheshire on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

14 Replies
Last post July 27, 2011, 08:05:57 PM
by amber
smiley
Email address for Gironda

Started by marmitegirl on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

2 Replies
Last post June 24, 2008, 12:40:44 AM
by kal1
xx
Aubergine

Started by lilly on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

3 Replies
Last post October 14, 2008, 09:26:03 PM
by johnst

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal