Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: BAD SERVICE FROM KALKAN RETAILERS  (Read 9988 times)

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
BAD SERVICE FROM KALKAN RETAILERS
« on: August 27, 2014, 12:46:50 PM »
Has anyone had bad experiences with shop keepers around Kalkan.The majority are excellent,but not all.

My personal bad experiences are with Bravocassa in Kalkan,just on the kas road.We bought new sofas and their were a few things that needed addressing.They give the worst customer service of any company I have ever dealt with in the UK or Turkey !! They come up with so many excuses and just basically ignore your complaints.........

Has anyone else had the pleasure of dealing with them !..........never again will I deal with them.Biggest mistake getting involved in the first place.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12345.0

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
Re: BAD SERVICE FROM KALKAN RETAILERS
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 12:56:56 PM »
We had the same experience (and also on sofas!) and never bought anything from them again.  A couple of years ago there was a thread about this.  IMHO, they are selling seconds -- or at least many of their products did not pass manufacturer inspection.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 01:08:59 PM »
Hi Cosetta,

Very interesting.When we ordered the sofas in October last year.....we requested cushions which were higher than the standard ones by 15cms............because with the standard ones,there is no head rest and people will crack their heads on the wall.

It took so long to get the sofas in the first place and then to get them delivered with the standard cushions............So many people seem to suffer their bad customer service.........We still have not got them now,despite phone calls,several visits,arguements,emails....the lot !!

Never again,like you Cosetta will I deal with them but I will not give up until I get satisfaction.

Has anyone heard of the tourism police who help customers who have received poor service.Someone said they exist with offices in Kas and Antalya

Offline Chris S

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 02:13:51 PM »
I have had similar service problems, but with sunbeds and outdoor furniture from Bravocassa.  One of the problems, I believe, stems from their storage of patio furniture outside, subject to sun rain and wind damage before you buy it.  The customer then suffers from the reduced life span as it is effectively second hand when you buy it.

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 02:31:19 PM »
I know someone who was going to use them for a new kitchen.I have told them of all my bad experiences with them and have mentioned good alternatives for kitchens,so on their head be it if they still use them.........obviously from reading other forums and the responses thus far on this one............they have a big problem !!

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 06:54:20 PM »
We also have had problems with them some years ago when they were then calling themselves Kelebek which they had been in the first instance but later we heard were no longer with Kelebek but 'forgot' to change the name..  Have never been back to them, rude, pushy staff, especially one, very poor service, & it's as if you are doing them a favour by purchasing from them, infact I get quite cross when I see theire delivery truck driving about Kalkan loaded with items for delivery, wish there was so much more choice so they wouldn't be used.  Newcomers should be warned against them. 
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

chickengeorge

chickengeorge
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 08:11:13 PM »
We used to use them a lot and you would think we would have had great service if we had any problems. Unfortunately that was not the case. We brought some rattan tables/chairs and were told were made in holland, 7 years guarantee, blah, blah......they fell apart in less than two. Service after this to get it sorted was terrible. Will never go back. There is room for similar businesses in Kalkan, shame we haven't got the choices. Used Sancarlar last time, on right side after navigating the roundabout on way to Fethiye from Kalkan. Got bedroom furniture, free delivery, arrived on time, kept in contact. Would use them again.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 08:43:54 PM by chickengeorge »

Offline pattaya

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 08:33:12 PM »
I ordered all my furniture from them, big mistake beds were rock hard ! Marks on all the furniture from being badly assembled.
When I went back to complain was met with a not my problem attitude.
They did change mattresses at an extra charge but they were still awful. Put up with it for as long as I could. But gave up this may (18mouths later) brought a lovely mattress from the new shop on the approach to kalkan up the hill. I paid 800TL the same one in BC was nearly 2000TL.
will never step foot in there again.

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2014, 09:13:50 AM »
DRBD........yes we all know the "pushy" one you refer to.It is him that is a nightmare to deal with..........I know his name but we all know him and his name probably !!
I am sure he is the manager of the store,not the owner.The trouble is that he gets commission on all orders and so that is why he takes on way too many orders,to meet his targets, which he is simply unable to manage.

Once he has your money ( all of it or a good sized deposit )....Frankly,he couldn't give a damn !! (gone with the wind moment )It is then left to the customer to chase the order........resulting in losing the will to live.

There appeared to be a new furniture shop which was going to be opening towards Yesilkoy.Directions wise,head out of Kalkan on the D 400 towards Yesilkoy.Come to the petrol station in Yesilkoy,on the right hand side.......( not the kalkan one ) and just past it there is a big advertising banner advertising a new furniture shop......(between the petrol station and the right turn to Yesilkoy )

There is a new sunbed shop on the left hand side ( white building ) going down the hill towards Yesilkoy.

We definetly could do with more choice in Kalkan,then maybe Bravo cassa would buck their ideas up or close

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 10:13:54 AM »
All the time the 'pushy one' is there BC will not buck up, it needs customers to boycott it & going else where to get some action. When we first used them it was our only choice, traders wouldn't deliver from Fethiye but now of course most of them will, possibly due to the D400 making it easier. We now make enquiries in Fethiye & where possible purchase there & get things delivered.

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2014, 11:47:35 AM »
DRBD,

I have to say we have had a bad experience with Fethiye.

We ordered 2 new bed bases (both kingsize),2 new headboards,2 new mattress's and a new coffee table.Everything except the mattress's was ordered from ELBA Mobilya.

The mattress's were delivered fine.perfect and on time.Everything was a nightmare with things wrong,damaged,lies from them etc etc etc.......on the same level as Bravocassa !! The problem then is the distance Fethiye is from Kalkan in order to try to get the problems sorted...not easy !

We are in Komurluk,fairly close to BC so at least they are close to go and see them.............and have yet another stand up row with !!!

I also think that there needs to be much more completion in beds/furniture in Kalkan as BC have the monopoly and do what they want,once they have your money.

http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/kalkan/9407

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2014, 11:51:31 AM »
I meant.. ..more competition...........not "more completion".......durrr !!!

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2014, 02:34:34 PM »
We bought an Istikbal mattress last year from the Kas dealer and it was ready for delivery 2 weeks ahead of schedule. Over the past 13 years, most of the furniture we have has come from Kas, and we have never had a problem with service or, delivery.
Bravo Casa quoted about £300 more for an average quality mattress, than I paid for the Istikbal one 2 years later.
There - over there, there are.            To - Going to
Their - belongs to them.                     Too - In addition, Also
They're - Short for they are.

Pedant! me?

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2014, 07:35:19 PM »
We just bought a fantastic mattress from Isbir in Fethiye.  They were on time, delivered to Kalkan free and removed the old mattress at our request.

Three or maybe even four years ago we bought terrace furniture in that plastic rattan so common here -- 3-seater sofa, 2 chairs and a coffee table -- and it is still in excellent condition. Same as the day it was delivered from Fethiye, but we do bring it into the villa in the winter. Shop is on the road going from Fethiye to Calis, but a few km out of Fethiye.  Same set at Kelebek was TL500 more than we paid in Fethiye.

Offline satovod

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 12
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2014, 10:51:54 PM »
YALI - price on price tag is less than in check, outofdate food, smoke smell next to milk section, price on some items are times expensive that any other store. Double transactions on creditcard.

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 09:26:25 AM »
Don't go there either unless really, really pushed to do so even though it's very close by.

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2014, 04:04:11 PM »
Anyone tried the new Carrefour Supermarket yet where Genpa used to be? It will be my local when I return next month.

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2014, 07:45:18 AM »
Hi Christina,i haven't tried Carrefour as not out to October.I only ever went to Genpa once or twice.It was never busy and appeared to cater mainly for local Turkish.

I have always thought that it is a bit out of the way and a bit isolated,so I am thinking that Carrefour may struggle to get the customer numbers to make it a viable business.
It will service customers such as you who are fairly close....I hope it does make a go of it.

I would like to recommend a company called Yatas........they sell good beds.mattress's and other furniture........We bought two mattress's and they were delivered on the day and time stated.........and in good condition.
We bought the bed bases,headboards and a coffee table from them............NIGHTMARE WITH ALL ITEMS !!!!........avoid at all costs.
Both Elba and Yatas are in Fethiye.......but a million miles apart in terms of efficiency and service.

HOL.LETTINGS....http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/kalkan/9407

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2014, 07:49:48 AM »
sorry......I should proof read !!

I meant that I bought the bed bases etc from ELBA Mobilya.......they are the nightmare...not Yatas !

HOL.LETTINGS....http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/kalkan/9407

Offline Lever64

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2014, 04:50:11 PM »
Yes terrible terrible service,everything great when you order and spend thousands ,then late delivery ,then after sales service awful,it is a nightmare no one should shop there

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

smiley
Boat service to Kalkan in May

Started by zros on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post April 06, 2011, 06:07:24 PM
by zros
xx
A Dolmus service for Kalkan?

Started by felicity on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post January 20, 2008, 03:25:37 PM
by Cruisecontroller
xx
Bus service Antalya to Kalkan

Started by takemethere on Flights and Travel

15 Replies
Last post January 31, 2011, 03:16:47 PM
by fidimax
xx
Kalkan Kebab - food 1, service 0

Started by One sheet on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post June 25, 2013, 12:06:36 PM
by Cosetta

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

my home sweet home

Views: 4167
By: friends
June 2011 Holiday