Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Breeze, Coast, Trio.  (Read 3708 times)

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Breeze, Coast, Trio.
« on: July 15, 2007, 04:11:36 PM »
Can anyone tell be where Breeze is, and is it worth the visit, also where is Coast, this has good reviews so want to give it a go also, I guess Trio is on the harbour front.
Which restraunts do the puffer bread as my daughter calls it, you know the one that blows up and is given as a free starter. ??? Two weeks to go ;D getting really excited now. Also want an other couple of good roof top restraunts,so all idea's welcome.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=317.0

Offline KalkanJules

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Re: Breeze, Coast, Trio.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 05:25:30 PM »
Breeze is just on the roundabout at the bottom of Kalamar road and the food is lovely. Also i've just noticied that Jon has secured an offer with them for forum members-first round of drinks free  ;D ;D.

You can get the bread in a lot restuarants now but you can't beat Sofra...ah memories....

Offline kalkanfan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 05:37:38 PM »
Coast is down the end of the main street before you turn down towards the harbour, pass Gironda and then Ibo on your left and there it is - you can't miss it.  Kosk also do the puffy bread with various dips as a complimentary dish - this is also on the main street but on the right opposite Merkez cafe (before you reach Gironda etc) - again you cannot miss it!!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 06:27:33 PM by kalkanfan »

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 07:48:21 PM »
The Korsan restaurants do puffy bread

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 10:44:06 PM »
 ???Not getting where coast is, I know the moonlight bar, and the silver shop, also is it infinity jewlers across, now I am lost, we have had weeks and weeks eating in Kalkan, but never quite got to know there names, this year I will get there cards and grade them, has reef got a roof top restraunt, I like sitting up on the roof tops, must be Mary Poppins. Thanks for your replys.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 07:55:11 AM »
go past the moonlight,past infinity,past Yali bar,past gironda ,on the corner is vassila and braco(sp) nice ladies clothes shop,do you know it?it is next door to this,there is a small leather shop opposite that sells coats...any clearer? ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline anoife

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 11:26:28 AM »
You have to try Ibo's Roof Terrace Restaurant, the end of the main street, above Clothes shop Vassila? and besdie Gironda.  I've never had a bad meal there.  Had the best steak in my life last time (June) and can't wait for September to have another.  Odak Restaurant do that puffy bread.

Offline KalkanPosh

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 12:59:27 PM »
I haven't been to Breeze yet but am going back to Kalkan next week (hurrah!) so will try it! Have had lovely meals on the rooftop at Coast and our new fave fine dining experience is at Trio. It's easy to find on the harbour front and has a wide menu so will cater for all the family's appetites! Or nice just to sit and have a coffee mid-morning. Very pretty spot, nice atmosphere, good food and service. Getting excited just thinking about it! :)

Offline Begonvil

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 12:51:37 PM »
Had a lovely meal in Breeze last week, mentioned EK and got the first drinks free, try it it does work!!!

Offline KalkanPosh

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 07:42:39 PM »
Very funny to see my post from last year still on this thread!! Well, what can i say? Even a year on, it is entirely predictable (we are creatures of habit) that I will say that we still LOVE going to Trio and our return trips didn''t disappoint. We were there in late May (sadly missed the EK get-together by 2 days) and had some lovely evenings sitting outside, blessed by warm early summer evenings. Liked the improvements to the decor since we were last there and had some great meals. Managed to put on 5 pounds, so the food must still be good!

However, we forced ourselves out of the ''Trio'' comfort zone and tried some new places. We had lovely lunches at Kalamar beach club (good PADI dive centre there by the way) and the rather nice Indigo club on the harbour front, as i''ve added to other threads. We were also really brave one lunchtime and drove past Adem''s place (that was hard!) and just beyond Kaputas beach is a really authentic ''Turkish'' fish restaurant called ADA which normally we drive past as it can look a bit ''shed-like''. But we stopped, and had the most DIVINE calamari, salads and fish (told you i put on 5 pounds!!). And the little puppy dog there, the goats and the gorgeous sea views made for another memorable lunch venue. Oh, and another lunchtime visit was spent at Mehmet''s fish restaurant in Islamlar...perfect as ever.

Evening meals were spent ...um...er...at Trio...but also at the new fish restaurant at Sandals, which was fab. Again, really gorgeous fish menu and lovely views back across Kalkan, which was a new angle! And one night, we were really lazy and ordered the most yummy takeaway pide and lamb chops from Cati restaurant...well,we were on holiday! Don''t post that often and now exhausted...and hungry!!!  ;)

Offline katemax

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 11:44:04 AM »
The new kebab  restaurants do puffy bread O0

Offline sallyson

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 12:35:28 PM »
Hope you have found Coast by now as it''s worth a visit and another place definitely worth going to is cafe Zula which has just opened opposite Belma''s Boutique. Although it calls itself a cafe-bar its much more than that, we were hard pushed to chose as the menu was so enticing and it was nice to see very different things on the menu. I had king prawns with haloumi cheese and pineapple cooked on a shish with a really tasty sauce, and my other half had something called ''Steak to die for'' and it really was. The desserts were really nice too and very different from anywhere else I''ve eaten in Kalkan. We will definitely be going back when we return in the autumn.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

question
Breeze Restaurant

Started by ndwalker26 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

11 Replies
Last post July 05, 2009, 10:47:36 PM
by Denners
xx
BarBQ (formerly Breeze)

Started by SarahS on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

13 Replies
Last post August 28, 2009, 04:36:55 PM
by Enişte
thumbup
TRIO

Started by Debbie on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

4 Replies
Last post May 11, 2008, 04:04:19 PM
by Alfaman
xx
trio

Started by Janey28 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

22 Replies
Last post May 22, 2008, 10:11:35 PM
by KalkanPosh

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal