Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Cafe Del Mar  (Read 5477 times)

Offline Kalamar Bay

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Cafe Del Mar
« on: September 11, 2007, 02:11:25 PM »

I wasn''t really sure which thread to put this under as Cafe Del Mar is neither a restaurant nor exclusively a bar. Either way i thought it about time to mention this lovely little unobtrusive cafe / bar which sells an amazing array of coffees / cakes / light meals and desserts......and of course Efes.
I always forget the owners names, they are a young couple and as the name suggests have relaxing mood & chill music throughout the day & evening.

Myself and Anita are going '' home to Kalkan '' for a couple of weeks on Saturday and it will be one of the first places we visit in the Old Town...Just wish i could remember their names....Can anyone help me....?????

Kind Regards

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=660.0

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
Re: Cafe Del Mar
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 03:38:52 PM »
Sounds lovely but I don''t even know where it is.  Could you give me directions please?

Thanks
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline Kalamar Bay

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 10:55:12 AM »

Directions Turkeyfan..??...........often stumble upon it when lost in the Lanes actually.

It''s well past Utopia....Moonlight...Yali ..turn down hill road at Vesilla Brako, then you will find it most of the way down on the left hand side. I think Doy-Doy is the first restaurant to the right at the bottom of this road.

This is beginning to sound like an ad, but isn''t, just thought I''d give them a well deserved shout....

Regards

Offline haluk

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 04:03:08 PM »

I wasn''''t really sure which thread to put this under as Cafe Del Mar is neither a restaurant nor exclusively a bar. Either way i thought it about time to mention this lovely little unobtrusive cafe / bar which sells an amazing array of coffees / cakes / light meals and desserts......and of course Efes.
I always forget the owners names, they are a young couple and as the name suggests have relaxing mood & chill music throughout the day & evening.

Myself and Anita are going '''' home to Kalkan '''' for a couple of weeks on Saturday and it will be one of the first places we visit in the Old Town...Just wish i could remember their names....Can anyone help me....?????

Kind Regards

Offline jfm

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 09:58:52 PM »
there names are Murat  the owner and Jasmine,she will tell your fortune if you are brave enough to drink a cup of turkish coffee,been open for about 2 years a good place to chill out and nice selection of coffees.
jimmy

Offline Kalamar Bay

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 03:42:25 PM »

Thanks JFM, much appreciated........and in particular all of the guys at Cafe Del Mar, if you read this forum, you were wonderful hosts when we were over recently...( i know i only had Efes as i dont have a sweet tooth, but everyone else with us enjoyed all the coffees and fantastic desserts, we often left restaurants just to round off the evening with your '' after main course '' menu......i''m sure you are looking after my parents and friends equally as well at the moment.

Thanks again Murat, Jasmine and all.

Again not an advertisement.....just an appreciation of a great holiday and company met whilst in Kalkan

Regards

Neil & Anita.

Offline murat

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 12:26:45 AM »
thanks anita ı hope you enjoy your time whit cafe delar again xxx

Offline brighton

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 08:51:50 PM »

I wasn''''''''t really sure which thread to put this under as Cafe Del Mar is neither a restaurant nor exclusively a bar. Either way i thought it about time to mention this lovely little unobtrusive cafe / bar which sells an amazing array of coffees / cakes / light meals and desserts......and of course Efes.

Myself and Anita are going '''''''' home to Kalkan '''''''' for a couple of weeks on Saturday and it will be one of the first places we visit in the Old Town...Just wish i could remember their names....Can anyone help me....?????

Kind Regards

Not a new topic but would like to say that we are due back in Kalkan on 17th May and look forward to seeing Murat, Vedat and Sedat  back in action in their wonderful cafe.

Molly and Stan

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 10:55:45 PM »
We love Cafe Del Mar - also open for breakfast and a very nice one it is too  :) Afternoon tea/coffee is a must as their cakes are "to die for" and I just love the quirkiness of this place. Think they may have some competition this year as a new cafe bar is openeing directly opposite, I understand.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Eljhem

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 06:37:18 AM »
I must add that the Cafe del Mar is brilliant.  We discovered it early into our first visit and now make it one of our first points of call on each visit to Kalkan and drop in at least once every day whilst we are there.  Not there this year though :(
 :( :(

Offline Derya

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 09:33:41 AM »
Cafe del mar, well worth the positive comments, they also do a wicked hot chocolate for the beginning and end of season when the weather in the eve is not as warm!

Offline Janey28

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 05:12:23 PM »
We love it there too..!

As others have said it is a great little place to stop off and have either after dinner coffee and dessert or just to wander down the morning for breakfasts..

last year they had a cute little puppy running about and that brought in extra business I think so people could play with it whilst enjoying themselves...

:)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Cafe Ev

Started by KalkanPosh on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

0 Replies
Last post July 27, 2011, 08:25:50 PM
by KalkanPosh
xx
Cafe Ev

Started by clara 50 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

9 Replies
Last post June 07, 2014, 03:31:27 PM
by Joeyloveskalkan
xx
Ada cafe

Started by One sheet on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

6 Replies
Last post June 27, 2013, 10:31:24 PM
by clara 50
xx
Cafe Ev

Started by LesleyO on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post May 25, 2015, 06:12:35 PM
by DRBD

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Patara Cat

Views: 2502
By: misty
Cool Mountain Air