Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Coast  (Read 5817 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Coast
« on: April 29, 2008, 06:41:06 PM »
Hoca indicated in the thread about which restaurants are best (now locked) that Coast had shut.
Does anyone know if this is a permanent closure, or will they be opening later in the season?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1436.0
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Coast
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 06:54:36 PM »
Really hope it opens, enjoyed a lovely meal in there last year

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 09:15:02 PM »
Funny (but good!) how different we all are - aren''t we - I thought we had the most ''average'' meal in Coast - and I felt we were sitting in Ikea...!!  :)
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline BevJam

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 09:57:10 PM »
Felicity I''m so glad you said that, we really didn''t enjoy our meal there either, I thought I must be picky. Good cocktails though, I had a very unusual pomegranite marguerita ( sure I''ve spelt this incorrectly but you get my drift). Thought the owners were a bit surly as well. Hey ho we''re all different., and maybe it was a bad night?
BJ
Carpe diem

Offline Mrs B

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 11:27:39 PM »
We''ve always enjoyed our times at Coast, finding the different foods and tastes quite exciting, but Mr B reminds me that we did once have an ''average'' meal there when it was really busy and they had to bring up extra tables and chairs.
We ended up sat at the top of the stairs and next to a fountain...and waited a while for our food.
All our other visits have been brill, though, and we do count it amongst our favourite and return a couple of times each year.
Hope it does re-open.   :o

Offline Hoca

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 02:09:28 PM »
Looks dead to me

Offline Mercimek

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 02:54:16 PM »
1. Coast will be very much open this year, I can confirm this as spoken to the boys who are busy working on improvements
2. These are the first negative reviews I have heard, I wonder if these people told the owners/manager or just chose to post publicly.
3. I have many very good meals, drinks etc at Coast, it is definately in my opinion amongst the best of the bunch- but if you haven''t been make your own opinion.

I must say this is a prime example of where incorrect information/ personal opinion can make this website misleading.

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 03:00:51 PM »
my O/h and I ate at coast a few times last year,no problems ,food was very good,drinks,service,setting great,but people have different opinions on what they like or dont like, which must be good for all . :P
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline kalkan r us

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 03:52:26 PM »
Hi I have not posted before because I am busy doing a real job but feel that lately some of the postings have been so inaccurate that I have been forced to register and put some things right.

OK lets get the "ohhh who is the new poster ? " and " I think I know who it is..." out of the way. I live in Kalkan so my IP address will be locally based. That means that I am in kalkan now and in fact have been all winter and have lived here for the last 5 years. "ohhh who is it ?" " I think I can guess " .....

I am going to also make  a general comment about the postings on this forum.

Lets deal with Coast first. They are opening in a few days time - I too verified that today- their website is very much up and running and the boys are all busy working hard getting it ready.  Sorry that some posters  think IKEA is a point of criticism but IKEA is very new to Turkey and has given many businesses eg restaurants, hotels etc the choice of something other then local options. And if they bothered to travel a 10 hour trip to try and offer something different for their customers then good on them.  As a previous poster said - if you were unhappy about something at coast then do tell them - they will be pleased for feedback, but do it at the time when it will be of maximum benefit for them and  not choose now to post at the beginning of a new season.

Secondly everyone in Kalkan works hard to try to make a business here for 6 months of the year and being open to public criticism on forums such as this can do untold damage for what may only be personal taste. To say a company is not running anymore and by that i refer to Kalkan Concierge or that Coast is not opening is inaccurate and damaging. Thankfully the locals by that I mean the Turkish and the local English are really supportive of one another and do their best  to help and support even if their businesses are competing. Restaurant owners often do trips for food supplies  together or lend bottle of wine etc if a restaurant is caught short. That is why I  love Kalkan. What a shame that some of the posters here who claim to love the place can, at the drop of a hat, slate - sorry - give a "personal opinion "- about a company/business without any understanding or indeed concern about its effects. It shows how much you don''t know about Turkey or Kalkan as a Turk would never publically slate their neighbours even if in direct competition.

I have eaten in nearly every restaurant in Kalkan for years now and have only had a couple of bad meals which I told the the owners at the time. To help them grow as a business. I certainly wouldn''t dream of slatting - sorry - give a negative personal opinion in this way - particularly when the opinion was not asked for and merely thrown in as an aside.

I wonder how one would feel if your home, or your job or business was open for scrutiny in the same way?  How many of you have had meals you are not that happy with in the UK ? Do you post on forums about that? is it because you feel as they are Turkish they somehow can be open for criticism?

I do feel that some people on this forum seem to love to post for the sake of it and seem to be impervious about who is caught in the cross fire.

If you really love Kalkan then you should do your best for it and for some posters that means getting your facts right before going to print or keeping an unsolicited opinion to yourself.

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 04:18:26 PM »
kalkan r us
Can''t argue with a lot of your comments, but can you clarify what a REAL job is? I thought I had one. The members on this forum on the whole post good information, now and again the posts become cloudy. I can''t argue with that. But members of this forum surely don''t deliberately post misleading or non factual information. Or is that what you are saying. As a resident of Kalkan you could be invaluable as a member on this forum. Why not help rather than react. You have obviously been reading the posts!
Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Brooksie.loves.Efes

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 04:36:10 PM »
Nice one k.r.u.,If someone doesnt like something,that is a personal view,dont knock it ,someone else might love it. :-X

Offline kalkan r us

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2008, 05:09:48 PM »
Hi Brooksie

I am not saying that anyone is deliberately posting misleading information as that would be tantamount to calling someone a liar. Again I will say that some people like to feel they are very important and love to post even if they dont really know the answer to a question someone is posing. In some cases they take a tangent and dont answer the question at all and in so doing cause unhappiness and distress to people who like you are earn money to pay their bills. Well I assume you do :) Is reaching 1000 postings a magic number to which we must all aspire however it is achieved?

I cant really contribute to the forum as I could be accused of favouritism and i dont have enough valium! However I will continue to watch and post when i feel any business in Kalkan is suffering as a result of a posting made on this forum whether it be a posting made by someone elevated to the dizzy heights of being a helper or a new  member.

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008, 07:15:09 PM »
Hi Kalkan r us!
It is nice to know you are going to police the postings from now on. Enjoy!
Em
Em

Offline jinfizzz

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 07:18:32 PM »
Careful Em, you''re heading towards 100 posts!

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2008, 07:30:22 PM »
Blimey,

Can I go back and delete a few?

Em

Offline Shirley Burley

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2008, 07:44:23 PM »
So if the fact that Coast appears closed now means it is not opening this season, am I right to assume that because the harbour is suspiciously empty there will be no boat trips this year?!

It''s not even May yet folks, hold your horses...!

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 07:50:10 PM »
Em1 did you say that about deleting them to get another post??

Offline EK Moderator

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2008, 01:08:56 PM »
EnjoyKalkan - Post removed

Reason: Breach of Registration Agreement
Section:
"You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening or invasive of a persons privacy"

If this was your post and you feel it should not have been removed please email the EnjoyKalkan Team. EnjoyKalkan takes breaches of our membership agreement very seriously and assure members that we do everything we can to act in a timely manner.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Coast

Started by Alex on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

1 Replies
Last post June 12, 2015, 01:09:31 AM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Coast

Started by lolly on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

0 Replies
Last post May 30, 2008, 05:37:53 PM
by lolly
xx
Coast Restaurant.

Started by turkeyfan on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

23 Replies
Last post March 17, 2009, 07:12:36 PM
by killabeezz
xx
Gironda at Coast

Started by kalkanbelle on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

17 Replies
Last post July 26, 2009, 09:08:22 PM
by howmad

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

kalkan local beach

Views: 5579
By: bewella
Kalkan