Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Doy Doy  (Read 3056 times)

Offline Alex

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Doy Doy
« on: July 25, 2011, 09:56:01 PM »
Hi all,

Just returned from our third holiday in a row to Kalkan, absolutely love the place, and as the title says "Doy Doy", well, my wife and i went there on our first and second visits to Kalkan and were really impressed by their fillet steaks and general service, but this year, oh dear, sorry to say but it got the lowest marks for food and service by us compared to the other restuarants that we ate in, we had no sooner sat down to enjoy the free starter that you get, and  within about 5 mins, if that, they were bringing our main course which was fillet steaks, now i dont know that much about cooking steaks, but from the time they took our order till it was being served wasnt long at all, the steaks were cooked ok, but were much much smaller than before, also the staff were too busy chatting up the young girls that were passing instead of being more attentive to their paying guests, i had to call on one of the waiters on more than one occassion to order some drinks, all in all very disappointed with Doy Doy and wouldn't go back.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8231.0

Offline IssyG

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
Re: Doy Doy
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 04:01:50 PM »
I agree with you - we went into Doy Doy last year and really couldn't see what all the fuss was about.  Poor service, dirty tables and very mediocre food.  As you say the staff are just not interested.

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 04:24:36 AM »
Sorry to say I had much the same experience in May this year.  Ordered Lamb with Apricots - which arrived barely warm -and was cloyingly sweet and 'puddingy'. Meatballs were also lacklustre. Prices were inflated, and again, staff inattentive and couldn't care less: whilst I was dining, a local intoxicated Turkish woman blazed up at my table and started to pick a fight with me in front of all the other diners. I ignored her but she wouldn't leave and was causing a scene.  I motioned to one of the waiters to take some action, but he just shrugged and walked away. Pity, because it's one of the best locations in Kalkan. I won't be returning.

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 11:49:35 AM »
Hi,
Our party thought it was poor last year. Have not heard a good report this year. Shame as it was one of our favourites. Old staff seem to be doing their own thing all over Kalkan and the reviews of those restaurants seem to be very good!!
Rx

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 12:04:14 PM »
Check on TripAdvisor for plenty of good reviews.  It's busy every night so they must be doing something right.  Also good to see that the lads that have moved on are doing well too.

Offline deepasforever1

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 12:07:52 AM »
We had a wonderful evening at Doy Doy for our silver wedding anniversary this summer (Aug 2nd).  They couldn't do enough to make it special for us.  The restaurant was crowded and hectic and people kept coming in off the street trying to sit at reserved tables so the staff had their work cut out for them.  It is a night I will remember all my life - for the right reasons.
I have tried writing a number of reviews for trip advisor this summer and they have all gone missing. I've also written on here on the restaurant reports section but it went uncommented on.  I'm not paranoid but.....
So my advice is to try it - especially if you have a special occasion.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Symi

Views: 3739
By: blondie
DSCF0313.JPG