Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Istanbul and Iso's  (Read 1924 times)

Offline headroom

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
  • Everyone smiles in the same language
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Istanbul and Iso's
« on: June 22, 2010, 11:25:25 AM »
I recently read with sadness someone's report on their experience at Istanbul restaurant, we have been to Kalkan 18 times over the past 5 years and first found Verdat when he opened on the side street down from Sofra, we were a little sad that he moved from there to Zinbad and subsequently to near Ak Deniz, but I can honestly say we have never been disappointed with his warmth, hospitality, service or food. We ate there a couple of times during our stay (we came home yesterday, 21st) and felt I just had to post to attempt to redress the balance, I appreciate that one can only comment on their own experience but ours was nothing short of superb.
  Another gem that people may not have discovered yet is Iso's kitchen, it is down the same street where Istanbul was originally (along from Sofra) Iso cooks brilliantly and the ambience is relaxed and comfortable, again I speak from my own view point but feel sure if you were to try it you'd go back again.
                                                                                                         afiyet olsun!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5734.0
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Offline ian

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Istanbul and Iso's
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 04:10:16 PM »
 :)  I posted a negative report on our experience at Istanbul, I did say that Verdat seemed a really nice man and that we hoped that we had visited on a bad night. I am glad that you report so positively as we dont wish this business any harm, but we had an awful night there! Based on your comments we may even re-visit when we are across at the end of July. I agree totally with your comments on Iso's - another really nice man who works so hard and deserves success.

Offline AlexA

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 04:38:59 PM »
Hi all

I ate at Istanbul last night and it was by far the best meal we have had in Kalkan and i've eaten at all the usual places. My personal opinion is that he is the best chef in Kalkan and we were looked after so well.

I would say go and eat there as it was excellent value and the food / service was the best we have had.

The Fish Terrace also very good... Trio excellent also.... Aubergine average and over priced.

Going back to Istanbul in the next couple of days it was so good !

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 11:31:55 AM »
We ate at Istanbul last night and it lived up to the positive reviews here, very good food and very reasonable prices.

The house wines at 16TL were a bargain (you can sample sample them before deciding) and made a change from Angora.

Overall well worth a visit, especially if you prefer old style Turkish food to the more international offerings becoming the norm in many resuarants. 

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Istanbul

Started by happy days on Flights and Travel

4 Replies
Last post August 12, 2010, 12:01:39 PM
by Mags
xx
Istanbul

Started by Babs on Other Resorts

11 Replies
Last post July 18, 2012, 10:08:26 PM
by Babs
xx
THE BUS TO ISTANBUL

Started by molly on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post September 27, 2010, 05:40:24 AM
by Mercimek
xx
Istanbul...

Started by pw on Other Resorts

4 Replies
Last post June 24, 2013, 10:55:36 AM
by amber

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Dusk over Kalkan

Views: 2725
By: Mark Perry
Nur hotel