Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Recommended Restaurants  (Read 48396 times)

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
Re: Recommended Restaurants
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2007, 07:06:49 PM »
Mouse have you taken a crash course in English?  It has improved dramatically!  By the way we have had a few lovely meals in Rami's Terrace.

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2007, 07:12:46 PM »
Maybe we picked the wrong night, friends have been there and had a reasonable meal. Guests staying at the same place as us were, also eating there that night, and they were not impressed either. As to mouse's comment that I try smiling at the natives, there is no need to make snide comments. I gave my opinion and as I was on holiday I was full of smiles. As to asking for a slice, we were not given the oportunity as they literally plonked the glass down and moved off, and yes it does matter if your drink is served in a glass that gives the impression of being a reasonable size only for you to realise it is a very small weak one!!!  

Offline yelkenite

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2007, 06:31:24 PM »
On the restaurant front, I''d have to say my favourite is Paprika; specially with the Jazz nights on Tuesday and Friday, unless that''s changed recently. Invariably, if I have my wife, daughters, or friends with me, the sweet with the kind of chocolate volcano is positively sinful.  I really enjoy Atlantis roof terrace; very attentive and great pepper steak.  Alternatif, Mustapha is brilliant, the starter Chilli Samoza''s my favourite.  Fried Haloumi cheese starter at the Sofra, again, imcomparable.  Aubergine on the dock, superb. I can honestly say any of the above have their own little things that see me and mine coming back again and again.   Sorry to add a note of dissent over Ibo; I love the food, especially the friend carrot sticks to start with, but I find it too cramped usually.

Offline KalkanJules

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2007, 07:10:51 PM »
Blue Lizard, Charlie see what you mean ! Think Mouse might have a vested interest somewhere along the line... ;)

Offline bluefudge11

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2007, 02:09:39 PM »
I have just returned from our first visit to Kalkan - I had arranged for a meal at Alfresco to celebrate my wife''s Birthday -As it was on the day of our arrival I had e-mailed ahead of time and also called in the morning to confirm.
What a great night! We were greeted on arrival with a complimentary bottle of bubbly. We had a wonderful meal. The lights were then dimmed, the fireworks started, all the other diners waved there sparklers and our hosts came out with a lovely cake, whilst a chorus of HappyBirthday rang out!   You could not ask for better!

Other Restaurants:
Kosk - Great meal -The clay pot is a must  tastes great ! and very theatrical
The Fish Terrace - Very Slow (1.5 hours for service!)  Fish to die for though!
Ali Baba (the one nearest to the PTT)- Not impressed - yes it was cheap but also cold, and the Chicken Shis was as tough as old boots!
Breeze - Very Good Meal
Kaya - Went there early so no sign of any magic, but Grouper steak was excellent.
Salt n Pepper - Portions are small but very tasty - bit pricey.
Sun Terrace - Excellent food, great service, the Menu translation makes for a good laugh too.
Korsan Kebab - Very tasty for a lighter, cheaper meal - Try the chicken wrap.

And for a real Laugh try the guy who thinks he is Omar Sherif operating from a tin hut (near town on the left as you head toward the Asfiya) . The guy seemed to be under the influence of something (Raki we think) and appeared to be a complete nutter in a crazy, funny sort of way, he insisted he was Omar Sherif. . We sat out the back in the dark with two differant height plastic tables pushed together to  accomadate our party of seven. Chairs were then taken from the two  staff who were on their break. We ate Chicken, cooked on a charcoal fire, in a wrap. It was decidedly average, very cheap, but soo funny. The only other table he has was occupied by a group who had eaten their every night.

Offline Eljhem

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2007, 05:57:47 PM »
Bluefudge,
love nipping into "Omar Shariffs" (or son of) for lunch, great kebabs and smashing view across the harbour. "best charcoal grill in Kalkan" great character.
11 days to go.

Offline ozcan turk

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • baby Aileen Besire Turk
    • Share Post
    • atlantis terrace restaurant &Patisserie and Hotel
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2007, 04:10:45 PM »
Hi Alan,I have the restaurant called Atlantis,which is located on the Kalamar road,about 50-60 meters away from the roundabout,it is a terrace restaurant(you get great panoramic town view from there)and we are known for our steaks(last two years we''ve been on women magazine in UK. saying we do the finest steak in Kalkan,and also70 % of my guests are repeat guests and I still wouldn''t call my place as a best place in this lovely place.Please don''t get this e-mail as advertisment because its not..My point is why saying "we''ve tried ..... place and we had an amazing time,therefor it is highly recomended by us"rather than it is one of the fantastic place we can recomend.Surely there are lots of other places which you still haven''t been,I hope you get what I am trying to say.
Kind regards,,
Ozcan
Hi to everyone,I would like to tell everyone from here that Atlantis Restaurant is now open for 2010 summer with all new design and also now have the patisserie on our ground floor with the Same owner OZCAN( thats me!! lol) we would love to welcome you to give you more enjoyable time with us at anytime!! xx

Offline headroom

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
  • Everyone smiles in the same language
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2007, 12:09:01 AM »
Hi Ozcan, we would certainly, as repeat visitors (many times) to your place, recommend Atlantis to anyone! The greeting, service, food, views and friendliness of everyone is as good as anywhere we have been to in Kalkan. We are in Kalkan again on 16th September and WILL be seeing you. Serefe! 
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2007, 08:57:52 AM »
Endorse everything headroom has said about Alternatif Atlantis and Ozcan we too will be seeing you again in September! 

Offline jinfizzz

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2007, 09:03:00 AM »
Another nice touch about the Atlantis is that Ozcan''s younger brother (not Ercan), has been playing guitar and singing in the evenings. What a very pleasant way to spend an evening.

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2007, 09:20:36 AM »
Yes that''s his brother Caner.  Some great nights there!

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2007, 11:51:27 AM »
Hi Ozcan!
looking forward to seeing you in September too. You know we love your restaurant. Wonderful food, friendly service and great views.
Lorretta & Graham
p.s have that pashmina on standby!

Offline yoyo

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2007, 10:46:38 PM »
Ah, at last one day left at work (though what time I''ll get away is anyone''s guess - anyone would think I was off for a month (I wish!) the amount of work my boss is dictating!!

Still all I have to think about then is which restaurant do I start my holiday off in - there are so many old favourites and so many more to try, where do you start?  I always try to do a favourite one night followed by a newbie the next, but it doesn''t always work like that.  I don''t tend to go down by the harbour since Adem moved out of there as I feel most of those are more for the romantically inclined and not for us singletons, though saying that I''m quite happy sitting on my own at the Zeytinlik (Olive Garden) as Rebecca will usually wander over at a ''quiet'' moment for a natter (not the top terrace though, that can get quite chilly on breezy nights, and they don''t hand the pashminas out here!).

Offline bowbad

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2007, 09:01:44 AM »
Our best meal in two week was at the ivy we ate out every night at a lot of the popular one’s

Have a great time

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2007, 03:42:16 PM »
We stayed in Rebecca''s Villa from the Olive Garden, very nice, give it a try. She was in England when we were out there, her husband said the heat was too much for her as she was a little bit pregnant.

Offline mouse

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2007, 10:06:17 AM »
No I have absolutely no vested interest at all in Rami''s restaurant, however my husband does, which may sound contrary however it is true, (I am sure there will be several comments of how can her husband and not her etc etc, but sorry fact)  and read a couple of comments and replied hence turkish wording, he was replying to petty vitriolic comments unfortunately under my name. All I can say is that on a very very rare occasion when I have eaten there its been good, then again so have most of the other places I eat. Some places great to some people others not so - some customers great to some people others not so. 

Offline mouse

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2007, 10:09:42 AM »
by the way I don''t believe my last comment was advertising in any shape or form, my apologies if it appeared so.

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2007, 01:08:08 PM »
Gotta stick up for Ramis. We always eat there at least once on the hols, or just call in for a drink. The food, wine, water has always been lovely and the price on a par with the rest. ;D

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2007, 11:56:48 AM »
I agree ,have eaten in Rami''s loads of times and always enjoyed it

Offline Cruisecontroller

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2007, 04:19:06 PM »
We were last in Kalkan in May 2006.  The restaurants we used were Ali Babas(above roundabout), Barbaros, Marina, Paparazzi, Rami''s, Breeze, Bosphorus, Shanghai Chinese, Adams and Sun Terrace.  No complaints about any meals taken at these establishments though for us, the Barbaros(Nur Hotel roof) was the most expensive and the portions were on the small side.

Les

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Islands at dusk

Views: 3895
By: cer
Bettona, Italy