Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Recommended Restaurants  (Read 48394 times)

Offline Lougie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Recommended Restaurants
« Reply #140 on: October 02, 2008, 09:02:11 AM »
Well I never, can''t believe people would do they that!!

Offline Hoca

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #141 on: October 02, 2008, 09:08:12 AM »
No need really there''s plenty roaming round hah!

Offline jofoss

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #142 on: October 02, 2008, 11:00:07 AM »
Also agree with others. Alternatif is definitely a favourite of ours. The food is ALWAYS very good and the service impeccable. Am very suprised at the negative comments and saddened if the account posted by Javmariesar is a true one. Come on, play fair!!

Offline The Reds

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #143 on: October 02, 2008, 11:05:57 AM »
All you have to do,  next time your in Kalkan, pay a visit to Alternatif. Make sure the boss is sitting down and then gently bring up this topic. Make sure theirs no children or people of a nervous disposition about!!

Your always going to get these type of people wherever you are.

Offline Lougie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #144 on: October 02, 2008, 11:33:10 AM »
It really does give the English a bad reputation, there is no need to treat people like that, if you don''t enjoy something then just politely make a complaint, no need to try & ruin someones business.

Offline JACQUIVIVA

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #145 on: October 02, 2008, 12:03:51 PM »
I have a phrase for this sort of thing "professional complainers" working in retail we see this sort of thing alot, they find faults were there isn''t any and are usually quite rude and loud to make everyone aware whats going on so a discount is given to get rid of them before they upset other customers.

Appalling behaviour to people who are so kind, if this sort of thing creeps in the goodwill given will disappear.

I agree if you have a problem call the waiter over and discreetly advise what the problem is.

Offline M n M

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #146 on: October 03, 2008, 11:54:55 AM »
We have never been in the Alternatif restaurant before, so don''t know where you got that information from.
There were seven people in our party, one of which enjoyed her meal. (we were the only residents)
As we said in our previous post we have lived in Kalkan for four and a half years, and have eated in many restaurants and have had many mediocre meals, but never felt the need to complain.
As for taking the dog to the restaurant, that is a total lie. The leftovers from the meal were placed in a carrier bag to take home for the dog, no sign of any calculator either.
Some of our party may have asked the price of drinks before ordering, but it certainly wasn''t us.
In fact the sorting of the bill was not in our hands.
We are sure that many people have had good meals at the restaurant, perhaps we were just unlucky.
Javmariesar, you don''t know us or anything about us, and to say we are rude and vulgar and trying to get a free meal is really insulting.

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #147 on: October 03, 2008, 12:11:36 PM »
Has anyone considered taking a step back here and looking at both sides of this incident, rather than just one?  I am amazed that the proprietor gave such a detailed account of what must have been a very embarrassing incident to anyone other than a very close friend.  Such a close association (see earlier posts about this restaurant by the accuser) might be the reason for this vitriolic attack.  One of the few qualities I still admire in the British people is the general reluctance to complain unless severely provoked! Very sad.

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #148 on: October 03, 2008, 06:46:25 PM »
The EnjoyKalkan management wish to make it clear that EnjoyKalkan as a forum, brand or otherwise must not be used as a means of negotiation and anyone found doing this shall have their account removed and further action taken if necessary.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #149 on: October 03, 2008, 07:03:35 PM »
This thread makes very uncomfortable reading. I don''t know the truth of the incident, only those involved do but airing such personal attacks surely goes against the mutual respect policy?? I''m appalled by the number of posters who jumped on the bandwagon without knowing what the real version of that evenings events were. Even though M&M posted a poor review about Alternatif it was immediately followed by many forum members saying the opposite...perhaps that''s all that was needed.

IMHO this thread has overstepped the mark of common decency... I''m not a lawyer, but people have been sued for saying less :o
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #150 on: October 03, 2008, 07:29:19 PM »
I agree the even the amended version of the post is probably libelous, and Jon is taking the risk of getting involved in someone else''s dispute by leaving it on the site.     

Offline Chris18648

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #151 on: October 03, 2008, 10:30:02 PM »
 :( Sad indeed.

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #152 on: October 03, 2008, 11:27:52 PM »
Hi,

Just to keep you informed of the position of EnjoyKalkan on this one. The forum registration agreement states that EnjoyKalkan is not responsible for the content of any posts likewise EnjoyKalkan is not in a position to take sides or undertake any stance other than to act as a communication medium.

Appropriate action has been taken where necessary and this topic shall be removed shortly.

Hope this helps  :)

Offline kalkan dream

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #153 on: October 05, 2008, 10:34:32 AM »
Hi

İ have just been reading through the threads on the restaurants particularly Alternatif and İ was dining the night of the incident re M AND M and I can confirm that their presence in the restaurant was noticed by other diners. I found it a bit embarrassing that their party was causıng such a fuss. I myself live in Kalkan and have eaten several times in Alternatif and have never had cause to complain and I can quite honestly say.
İt is one of my favourite restaurants. I agree wıth javandmariesar when they say don,t leave the complaint until the end of the meal as I noticed that Mand M had finished their meal and didn,t leave a scrap.

Anyway as they say, the customer is always right. We know that so they must be right.!! :D   

EnjoyKalkan Safety

The contents of this post should be treated with potential caution as the respondees email address starts with alternatifkalkan@
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 02:05:36 PM by Enjoy Kalkan »

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #154 on: October 05, 2008, 02:07:33 PM »
Personally I have enjoyed some excellent meals in Alternatif but, as with all things in life consistency is the key as is personal taste and perhaps on that night the food, service etc was not to that partys satisfaction.

Lets draw a line on this one now please.

Thanks

Jon

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal