Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rosehip! An exciting new restaurant - opening this spring....  (Read 23141 times)

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Rosehip! An exciting new restaurant - opening this spring....
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2011, 05:27:11 PM »
Mecit has done a great job with Rosehip! I was there when it opened in May, and given that a lot of places are much quieter this season, there began a steady trickle of curious new customers.  I sampled the sea bass fillet on aubergine mash, slow cooked lamb, Black Sea kebab and grilled liver - all of which were a triumph.  I understand that the place is now pretty packed most nights, with lots of returning customers and some large parties. I could not be happier for Mecit, who has achieved so much in the face of some very difficult challenges recently. Well done Mr. Bloom!

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2011, 10:11:55 PM »
Christina

"Difficult challenges " ???

Offline edwina

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2011, 07:50:37 AM »
Christina,

We, residents, have all known the owner of Rosehip for a considerable time, through many 'ups and downs' so to speak. But as his unpaid PR lady, one assumes, do you think you could find a different instrument for your on-going and rather tedious campaign.

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2011, 10:39:23 AM »
"Unpaid PR" !!!!! I think she was probably paid with sea bass,lamb,kebabs and liver !!! (sounds yummy)

Offline Alfresco

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2011, 07:08:06 PM »

I most confess I'm a little confused. 

From local gossip I had heard that Rosehip had closed and that Mecit wasn't doing so well with very little custom?!! As I say this is through local gossip so do not know if this is true, however I will be in Kalkan shortly and will check Rosehip and Mecit out!

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2011, 04:57:32 AM »
I will ignore the uncharitable comments from 'a local resident' and let those of you who are interested know what is going on. There have been problems with the lease at Rosehip, and until these have been resolved, Mecit has left the restaurant for now and is back working for Memis at Ozalp. And just for the record, there were never - nor did I expect - any 'freebies' for me. This is a great forum with some lively, fascinating and entertaining contributors, but there is a minority whose toxic remarks I find quite offensive.

Offline JulesCheshire

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2011, 08:06:05 AM »
We tried to eat at Rosehip last week, and I emphasize 'try'! We arrived at 9pm and we ordered some wine, which they did not have, so someone was sent out to buy it and then we ordered our meal of a cold starter and hot main course.  The young lady who normally stands outside to lure you in, was waiting tables as they must have been busy - there were 4 tables of people in.  Unfortunately, we waited an hour for our cold starter and after a visit to the loo (which is by the kitchen) I saw that there was one chef trying his best to get the food out.  I have to say  that the chicken liver pate that we had was delicious, we just weren't prepared to wait and left at 10.45pm. As we were the last table to be seated and that there were 10 people to be served their mains before us, we cut our losses and paid for what we had eaten/drank.  It wasn't only us who were fed up of waiting, a gentleman from another table went to the bar and asked how much longer their food would be  and  said if it hadn't arrived in the next 10 mins, they would be leaving too.  We had read the reviews for this restaurant on the forum and viewed the menu on line beforehand and were looking forward to trying somewhere different.  We have visited Kalkan many times and are familiar with the quality of restaurants in the town - Rosehip was such a disappointment.

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2011, 07:54:59 AM »
To the disappointment of many (and to the delight of some!), I can confirm that Rosehip has now closed for good. In spite of a cracking start to the season, problems with the lease remain unresolved, and the owner Mecit will be starting a new project next season. Mecit would like to thank all those loyal customers and friends, both from Kalkan and the UK, who supported Rosehip by choosing to eat there.  There is still a cafe bar on the street beneath Rosehip, and Mecit would like to point out that this is nothing to do with him or the restaurant. When we were there in September, we noticed it had become one of those 'hostess' bars -about  which I am tempted to write a lively description, but it's probably best to leave it to your imagination. As we all know, restaurants in Kalkan come and go - that's all part of the charm and fun of this dynamic village culture. Well done to all those places who had a successful season, and good luck to those planning a new venture for next year.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2011, 08:22:51 AM »
i feel sorry for Mecit..hes a nice guy..always friendly.....I can't see anyone being glad a kalkan business has gone ::)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2011, 09:34:01 AM »
This is a great shame for Mecit and all involved but also that there needed to be a dig at those that quite reasonably commented when positive reviews of the restaurant's food and atmosphere were written before it had opened.  No-one, even other restaurant owners, likes to see anyone's business fail.  Good luck to Mecit with whatever new project he selects!

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2011, 12:10:40 PM »
Here, here, good luck in the future to Mecit, I hope things work out better for him next season :)
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Maya restaurant opening this year?

Started by Rachey on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

3 Replies
Last post June 09, 2011, 07:08:17 PM
by itstime
xx
Ali's Fish Restaurant and Market - opening on Monday 23 May

Started by Enişte on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

20 Replies
Last post June 05, 2011, 06:46:51 PM
by MouMou
xx
Tanzore Indian restaurant opening tomorrow

Started by maryharvie on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

40 Replies
Last post May 21, 2013, 05:01:41 AM
by onelove
xx
Exciting News

Started by Bob & Jayne on General Discussion

14 Replies
Last post March 24, 2012, 10:26:36 AM
by Potter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Aubergines Kalkan

Views: 3803
By: zros
Trio Meet 08