Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Chinese in kalkan  (Read 10034 times)

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: The Chinese in kalkan
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2013, 08:42:25 PM »
Thank you Misty but how long ago did you eat there?

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2013, 10:12:27 AM »
That's what I was trying to work out. I think it is unfair to condemned a restaurant for a meal you had 2 years ago.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2013, 10:56:24 AM »
I think this thread has gone exactly how the original poster intended....just my opinion :P
Asking about the Chinese restaurant as your first post, inviting comment of a negative variety (never seems busy etc..), hitting the jackpot with Misty and immediately agreeing with his dismissive view.....I'm not convinced he/she is genuine despite the "worth a try" post later on, the damage was already done by then.
Again....just my opinion ::)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline kalkankiki

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2013, 11:28:53 AM »
I have not eaten there for ages but this post has inspired me to get a take out in the near future. I shall let you know. The folk who run it, like many people in Kalkan, work hard for their business and do not deserve instant dismissive comments that can damage their livelihood.

chickengeorge

chickengeorge
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2013, 11:37:38 AM »
Why can't someone have an opinion on a restaurant without being vilified by everyone else. I tried Gourmet once, didn't like it, won't go again. There are plenty to choose from. I doubt if a few comments on here will damage a business. Trip Advisor probably does and this restaurant is languishing well own the list, mainly because of very few reviews. This suggests hardly anyone goes there but is not the fault of anything posted here.

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2013, 12:28:48 PM »
Well said chickengeorge.......remember you are up against the rose tinted glasses brigade....For the record I thought the Chinese was rubbish two years ago and I have no reason to think its changed....

Offline clooneyrooney

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2013, 02:44:27 PM »
I dip in and out of Enjoy Kalkan because I find some of the threads very tiresome but I am compelled to post a reply on this matter ...
I have never eaten in the Chinese restaurant so I cannot judge it but my experience of it is that I have walked past it many times, at various times of the year, at different times of the day and have only ever seen very few customers eating in there ... This alone is a good indication of the establishment to me. I have often wondered how it manages to keep going but now so many of you have vowed to try it (or return) booking might be necessary in the future.
I totally agree with Chickengeorge comments in relation to reviews on Trip Advisor.
It appears to me that some members have embarked on a personal vendetta against Misty and any view he might express. It is not nice or necessary & is certainly not helpful to other members.
It makes no real difference when a person was last in Kalkan, just because some members are in Kalkan more frequently than others doesn't mean that their opinion is worth anymore than others.

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2013, 03:04:12 PM »
I dip in and out of Enjoy Kalkan because I find some of the threads very tiresome but I am compelled to post a reply on this matter ...
I have never eaten in the Chinese restaurant so I cannot judge it but my experience of it is that I have walked past it many times, at various times of the year, at different times of the day and have only ever seen very few customers eating in there ... This alone is a good indication of the establishment to me. I have often wondered how it manages to keep going but now so many of you have vowed to try it (or return) booking might be necessary in the future.
I totally agree with Chickengeorge comments in relation to reviews on Trip Advisor.
It appears to me that some members have embarked on a personal vendetta against Misty and any view he might express. It is not nice or necessary & is certainly not helpful to other members.
It makes no real difference when a person was last in Kalkan, just because some members are in Kalkan more frequently than others doesn't mean that their opinion is worth anymore than others.

Well said clooneyrooney......it appears that some with some EK members their opinion is the only opinion and you must never disagree with it.....but I say it as I find it.

Offline Buster

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2013, 03:06:46 PM »
The current free advertising that the Chinese restaurant is getting should see a slight increase in customers over the short term; it will be interesting to see if the food is good enough for them to keep people coming back, I hope so.

We Brits do seem to have a problem about complaining, I am just as guilty and tend not to complain at the time but just don’t go back.   Misty is very forthright in his views and perhaps we should all try to get rid of our rose coloured specs and complain straight away when we get poor service.

Regards   Buster 

My Pictures of Turkey can be seen at:            http://picasaweb.google.com/barryjv

Pet Nothing, Persecute Nothing.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2013, 04:55:21 PM »
I have removed my posts from here and taken off my rosetinted spectacles
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2013, 06:02:42 PM »
I don't think I have rose tinted spectacles but I think my objection was the one word condemnation of 'avoid' with no context. If it had said something like we ate there 2 or 3 years ago and thought the food was poor quality or the service was poor or the food was served cold or the food was poor value it lets the reader make a decision as to whether they want to eat there or not.

How long ago you are basing your comment on is also important as restaurants do change. A change of chef, owner or front of house manager can make all the difference in the quality of experience.

A number of years ago in the last week of October I got food poisoning after eating prawns at a well respected restaurant in Kalkan. If someone asked about that restaurant now I don't think it would be fair for me to just say 'avoid'.

Offline headroom

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
  • Everyone smiles in the same language
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2013, 10:46:43 PM »
Most services/shops will be judged on first experience, we have written off several restaurants that other members of this forum have raved about as a result of our personal experience. As Misty said, you only get one chance, there are so many (maybe too many) restaurants in Kalkan, why would I bother to go back just because someone said it was great?
  As for the Chinese restaurant? we had a mediocre take away several years ago . . . . . one chance . . . . . failed! . . . .  if it has changed hands maybe it has improved?
  Where I would differ from Misty is I would probably not comment on a negative, maybe we all should occasionally?
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2013, 12:56:32 PM »
Everything, without exception, has positives and negatives.

What is crucial, when taking a stance and passing on an opinion, is elaborating on it so that others reading it can make their own judgement on the experience and then deciding whether the opinion is justified or not.

Think of it as being a bit like the legal system's jury.

Just saying 'avoid' without saying why, leaves people with no information as to the basis of the opinion - it may just be that things didn't gel, or you were laid up with unspellable complaints that spoiled your stay in Kalkan.  Likewise, if it's wonderful, say why, and the reader can tell whether you really had a good experience, or whether you were slipped a free meal to say nice things.

I've only had a couple of indifferent meals in Kalkan, and everyone else enjoyed their evening in both cases, so it was probably my take on the evening, rather than an experience I should tell the world about.

As for complaining, we've always done such things discreetly and constructively - the idea is to improve things and avoid errors in the future, not close the place down or get a free night out.  The reaction of the establishment to your comments is what decides whether you return or not ...
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Does anyone know the name of restaurant that was the old Chinese?

Started by Linsue on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

4 Replies
Last post March 11, 2009, 11:10:31 AM
by Linsue
xx
New Chinese Restaurant.

Started by Lizilu20 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

2 Replies
Last post March 20, 2018, 02:02:43 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Chinese Restaurants

Started by jimmo on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

16 Replies
Last post August 12, 2009, 11:05:10 AM
by clara48
xx
Indian/Chinese Restaurants

Started by dylanleeds on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

41 Replies
Last post September 27, 2010, 07:04:30 PM
by PACHSU

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan cat

Views: 2806
By: saskia
Kalkan Red Sunset.JPG