Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Ivy  (Read 6536 times)

Offline Donbon

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
The Ivy
« on: June 18, 2007, 11:12:21 AM »
Hi Jon.  I saw your posting on TA and found out more about The Ivy (quick google search found a villa owner's website blog including The Ivy).  Here's my quick summary from what I've read so far:

Food delicious – Turkish and World Cuisine, bit different from other restaurants, service professional and friendly, new restaurant.  Simple smart décor. Run by Ziya.  Try teriyaki salmon, sea bass & caramalised apples in filo pastry, seafood pasta and stuffed lamb fillet.  Where Wendy’s used to be, overlooking the harbour.

Hope this helps.
Cheers.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=203.0

Offline kal1

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Re: The Ivy
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 06:52:35 PM »
We had a meal at the Ivy. The food was delicious and the owner was very pleasant. The only thing I would say is that the staff although very nice seemed uncomfortable and not relaxed. I think this may have been as it was the beginning of the season (may) and they were new staff so probably finding their feet. I would reccommend it.

lolly

lolly
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 03:18:38 PM »
Hi
The Ivy very good food and the staff are great Ziya and Oz his partner made me very welcome, went there one evening on my own made me very welcome and I did'nt feel uncomfortable at all. I highly recommend it new this season.
                             Regards to all. Back in Kalkan September 10th can't wait.x

Offline marmitegirl

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 09:59:32 AM »
My partner and I spent three evenings at the Ivy during our two week holiday. The menu is excellent and very varied; the food was fantastic and very reasonably priced. The restaurant is in a great location with lovely views from its rooftop position with the added benefit of being at the bottom of the hill (no need to struggle to the top!) Ziya as always is the perfect host and with his new business partner and very attentive staff is on to a winner this time I'm sure.

Offline larry

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
The Ivy 2008
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 07:53:49 AM »
The mixture of eclectic Asian décor, mesmerizing music, and distinctive cuisine is the soul of this spot.Rare and immediately captivating, yet subdued in style; meticulous in service yet unpretentious; refined in its culinary approach while offering something to satisfy everyone.

Offline kiwigirl

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 08:33:52 AM »
Service was very professional, they let us linger as we were catching up and I am a super slow eater. Everything was timed perfectly and I loved what we had. They even brought me a second banana/soda when my glass was finished, w/o my asking for it which did not sit well with me when he brought it, however I was pleasantly surprised to see that I was not charged for it which has never happened to me in a restaurant. Soda,almond liquer and  tea are free refills, but never juice. d in its culinary approach while offering something to satisfy everyone.

I will definitely be back. I think the restaurant is fairly new and was empty when we arrived but it was early. On our way out it was about 2/3 full.The Ivy dinner is a wonderful bargain at a nice restaurant with modern and comfortable décor, great food, professional service. I highly recommend the The Ivy.

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 10:25:58 AM »
Could someone describe where Ivy is please?
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline Pauline

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 10:54:38 AM »
Above Cafe del Mar coming up from street from Salt and Pepper restaurant on the right - opposite the new italian restaurant.   By the way had a good meal in the italian the other evening - very authentic italian food - and from an someone who lived in italy for many years I was very impressed.    Re the Ivy thought the place was really well positioned and decor very comfortable.   The only negative for us nearly an hour to wait for our food and with two young children hard work.   Could have been a one off but will certainly try it again.  When it arrived it was very fresh and well cooked.  Pauline

Offline kensarrived

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • Frequent visitor to Kalkan
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 06:21:10 PM »
Hi Pauline

Where is the Italian Restaurant?

Thank you

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2008, 09:47:54 PM »
Hasn''t Pauline just said where it is?  ???

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2008, 10:44:43 PM »
Hi Cat
Only if you know where Cafe del Mar and Salt and Pepper restaurant are...which I dont!
Em
Em

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 07:11:32 AM »
Hi Em1
When you come out in July I will take you there to show you
You will of course be picking up the bill if we eat  ;D

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2008, 06:20:04 PM »
Hi
Perhaps I will just have a great thirst that day?
Em

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2008, 07:28:17 PM »
Em1 that would not be in the least unusual - so you can pick up the bill for the Efes - the wine - etc etc
Cheers  :o

Offline Pauline

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2008, 12:30:20 PM »
Go down the road with Coast restaurant on top left and hand painted ceramics.   Just before the bottom on the left is Cafe del Mar and opposite is the new italian.  The Ivy as previous is above Cafe del Mar.   I know what you mean - I get confused if I don''t know some places.  Hope it helps. Pauline

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 03:21:37 PM »
The new Italian is where the lovely towel shop used to be...but I think I''ll be barrd from posting if I mention anymore on that particular subject in this thread  ;D ;D ;D
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2008, 11:15:03 PM »
The Priory here I come  ;D

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 09:59:31 AM »
they said you can''t go ..because you would nick the towels ;D ;D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2008, 08:17:07 PM »
Kalkan4Eva you need to "throw the towel in " on this subject now. (Groan)

Offline kelie35

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2008, 12:39:00 AM »
We ate at the Ivy last week and thoroughly enjoyed our evening.The view is truly amazing but what suprised me the most was the whole experience from begining to end. The staff were charming,  We were greeted by very friendly waiters. We were offered the choice to sit straight away. Staff were knowledgeable, service was attentive without being intrusive. The food blew me away, it was beautifully presented and very tasty. I specially enjoyed the fillet of beef, very tender with perfect garnish. The waiter overhead that it was my birthday and brought my cake with a Happy Birthday message. Attention to details was spot on. That is how our experience could be summarised. We will definitely be back to The Ivy. "A truly memorable evening"

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan 1996

Views: 4572
By: winlaton mag
Sidyma