Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Lounge  (Read 2853 times)

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
The Lounge
« on: August 24, 2009, 03:16:55 PM »
We are residents in Kalkan and don't normally go to any of the bars and few of the restaurants.  However, as an exception I will recommend one not well known where we had an excellent buffet and mezes last night -- all you can eat -- for TL 18.  They also had a good singer who is a philosophy student in Istanbul, working here for the summer singing and playing the guitar, softly.

The Lounge is down on the 1st street to the left when you start up Kalamar Road.  Down from Need and before Samira Gardens.

As we understood, they plan to offer the buffet every Sunday (but check first), it was abundant in variety and excellent in taste.

And I'm not an owner, part-owner, friend or any relation to them  ;)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4231.0
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: The Lounge
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 04:09:05 PM »
We went to the lounge just for a few drinks when we were over last month and have to agree it is a lovely place to go, the drinks were very reasonable and the singer was very good- we didn't eat there but the buffet sounds great value.  We will have to try it when we're next over - 4 weeks today!
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline IssyG

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 01:17:29 PM »
We're just back yesterday - walked past the Lounge every evening and it was empty.  Did hear the singer though who was good.  Wasn't tempted to go in as there wasn't anyone else there.  Went to the usual places - Nar, Trading House, Coast/Gironda, Oz Adana and a new one Cafe Yaz - small place on Kalamar Road, great food reasonable prices and very nice staff. Nothing compares to Daphne's though sadly missed this year.

Offline cheshirecat

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 07:41:47 PM »
Just back from a week in Kalkan - stayed at Samira Gardens and unfortunately, have to say the noise (ie music/singing) coming from The Lounge Bistro (opposite) was truly hidious and completely unnecessary.  I certainly didn't go there to eat as I wouldn't have been able to hear myself think, never mind enjoy the dining experience that is normally Kalkan.

Why do restaurants/bars think loud music is necessary for you to enjoy your meal?  On my first evening in Kalkan this time (a Saturday) I nearly went and told them to pull the plug out...I couldn't sleep for the noise and I certainly didn't go to bed early.

It did quieten down, but it put me off eating there and has also made me think twice about re-booking Samira for next year.

Hope that hasn't put diners off - do go and try for yourselves...

Offline foreverkalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 11:20:00 PM »
I have to say I agree with you cheshirecat, when I was there in August I thought it was very loud, louder than any music coming from the bars

Offline clara48

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 03:44:23 PM »
We ate there twice this year and had good reasonably priced food. The first evening was great as we ended up being asked to join a table of people who were from various countries it was a very entertaining evening, the second visit we didn't stay late as it was virtually empty with no real atmosphere, according to one of the locals they have been having trouble drumming up regular trade probably because it's just down off the main drag where most people seem to head.The singer was there both nights as was good and a really friendly chap but I can imagine that the noise would carry to the hotel next door as of course he sings outside. We were staying on the Begonvil complex off the Kas road and one night we were enjoying an Efes on the balcony and could hear him singing "My way" with his quite distinctive voice, the breeze was probably in the right direction to carry the sound. I did think that it must be annoying for the people next door to the lounge as the buildings are close together too, especially if you fancy an early night or you've got small kids and of course it could put people off returning to that hotel.

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 03:50:38 PM »
I am not suprised they cant drum up trade,If I could hear frank Sinatra songs belting out(or was it the Sid Vicious version) I would walk past,it sounds like something from benidorm !  ;D
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 04:53:09 PM »
Maybe it was in the Vic Reeves "club singer style".....huh huh weeeegreeeets eeeeeyyvee ad aaaaa pheeeewww beeett den aggginnnn toooo pheeew tooooo mentttttiiiion.......now that would be annoying!! :'( :P
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Dalaman lounge

Started by Mmm on Flights and Travel

3 Replies
Last post May 25, 2017, 11:59:08 AM
by Mmm
xx
Eden Lounge

Started by rog sneddon on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

2 Replies
Last post July 28, 2010, 01:45:16 PM
by Enişte
xx
CIP lounge at Dalaman

Started by Mags on Flights and Travel

4 Replies
Last post October 13, 2018, 09:51:24 AM
by tortoise lady
xx
CIP Lounge, Dalaman

Started by kalkan4eva on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post May 28, 2015, 08:17:44 PM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal