Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Top 10 restaurants please!  (Read 2550 times)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Top 10 restaurants please!
« on: August 15, 2011, 02:54:09 PM »
Hi, we arrive on friday, 2 adults and 2 children (14 and 10) and we are staying at the Yelken apartments on the Kalamar road.

We came for our first time 2 yrs ago and 3 restaurants stick in our mind. Firstly the restaurant at the Mediterran hotel as we were staying in a gorgeous villa just up the road and they made a wonderful birthday cake for one of our party. Another was Kaya, as our youngest aspires to be a member of the magic circle when she get's older (she's desperate to saw someone in half!!)and loved the tricks from AbraKadir, the other is the Marina restaurant underneath the Pirat hotel, as our elder daughter loved the pasta in the edible baskets.

I know that Kaya is still up and running as we get a Christmas card every year (thanks Guys) but is the Marina still there and still good? I never hear this being mentioned on the forums. We also ate in many other fab reastaurants, just can't remember the names.

We will be in Kalkan for 10 days and would love it if you could post your top 10 restaurants for us to try while we are in Kalkan. Not bothered about fine dining, a mixture of upper end, middle and cafe type would be good. We also want somewhere our girls will enjoy (they love steak, lamb, chicken, pasta etc but not particularly like fast food). I hear that Mussaka do filet steaks for kids so will definitely go there, we also want to know the best Pide and Kebab place please. We remember the restaurant on the corner opposite Kaya used to do good Pide (breezes?), but believe that this is now the corner cafe and not sure if they do Pide's now.

We also fancy trying cafe vita and cafe aqua as I believe that they are close by and Adams place too as it has such lovely reviews.

Anyway, love to hear from you and I promise we will do our best to try all suggestions!!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8342.0

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Top 10 restaurants please!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 03:21:00 PM »
I'm very jealous as I would love to be heading out to Kalkan this weekend.

Yes Marina is still there and the pasta in the basket is both of my daughters favourite meal in Kalkan and we always visit at least once during our holiday.

My girls are 15 and 17 and sometimes we eat in the 'posher' restaurants, sometimes we go for much more casual and sometimes we get a takeaway.  Obviously there is so much choice but our top 10 faves (in no particular order) are Aubergine, Olive Garden, Merkez, Rami's, Zula, Chillies. Fener, Oz Adana (for Pides), Hunkar (for Kebabs) and Parc Kalkan.

Have a great holiday. :-)
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 03:27:27 PM »
As you're staying at Kalamar, try House Restaurant, down the hill towards Kalamar Beach Club. Lovely pizzas and pastas, the Goat Cheese with walnuts is my husbands favourite.
Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 04:02:54 PM »
Hi Lizilu, not at all jealous that you're about to leave for Kalkan!!
We had a few lunches at Cafe Vita but didn't eat there at night time so can't comment on that but they are famous for their chips and their omlettes are really good. Aqua cafe gets really good write ups on Trip advisor, it always looked nice when we wandered past.
Our favourite restaurants in no particular order(!) are; Chillies, Kalamaki, Zekis La Terraza, Ozalp, Bread and More and our favourite one Mussaka(the new one on the harbour).
Also have to mention Cafe del Mar, we love this chilled out cafe, we like to sit in the big chairs and people watch whilst drinking iced coffee and eating their lovely cake!!
Roll on next June! Have a lovely holiday!
Nicky.
Nicky

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 06:28:10 PM »
Hi Lizilu, we are back in 9 days so can't wait to re-visit some of our favourites, in no particular order either apart from our absolute favourite hands down Mussaka (at the harbour), Trios, Gourmet terrace, Rami's, Cafe Zula, Fener cafe (for lunch) and Merkez for lunch, Gironda also definitely going to try Nar and Kalamaki this visit. Have a great holiday and look forward to hearing about your faves too.
Chrissy

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 07:00:46 PM »
So many of my favourites have already been listed so I won't produce ten names - but don't see any mention of Kosk and Akin.    They are always on my "must go to" restaurants.   Alternatif is a great favourite too and the holiday seems incomplete if it has been missed out for some reason.    As regulars know you simply can't fit them all in even if you were to eat out for lunch and dinner every day.

I am starting to feel hungry just thinking about the lovely meals - must go and peer in my kitchen and see what I can produce.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 05:21:49 PM »
Thanks so much, for your replies, I can see we are going to be spoilt for choice. My mouth is watering just thinking of all the yummy food we are going to be stuffing down our necks shortly!!!

Last year at Kas market, we had lovely flat bread, 1 filled with feta cheese and 1 filled with minced beef/lamb and onions. If my memory serves me right, these were called gozleme. Is there anywhere we can get these in Kalkan? We thought possibly the market, but if they served them in any restaurants, this would be a bonus.

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 05:28:44 PM »
I can recommend the gözleme from Al Fresco bar just at the top of Kalamar Road, in front of the Buket chemist and opposite the road down to Chillies and Samira Gardens.  Prices from 5-7TL and the lovely lady makes them on the spot.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 05:39:09 PM »
Mmmm thanks Eniste. Can't wait. ;D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Some new restaurants

Started by Enişte on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

15 Replies
Last post June 14, 2010, 12:55:29 PM
by ian
xx
restaurants

Started by seasick on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

12 Replies
Last post September 06, 2010, 08:54:38 PM
by PACHSU
xx
Any new restaurants?

Started by utah1 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

6 Replies
Last post May 07, 2013, 09:20:54 AM
by NONAMETR
recycled
Top 3 restaurants

Started by Hotspur57 on General Discussion

12 Replies
Last post August 05, 2009, 12:56:59 PM
by lolly

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Sidyma

Views: 3455
By: Alfaman
066.JPG