Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Utopia  (Read 10541 times)

Offline Ramtastic

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Utopia
« on: May 26, 2007, 07:37:30 PM »
Last time we were in Kalkan we sat outside this bar most evenings, it's great for people watching.  I did find the music rather disappointing as they definitely didn't have any Tarkan and didn't appear to have any other Turkish music either.  Turkish music is something that we found rather lacking in Kalkan, does anybody know of anywhere that plays Turkish music?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=114.0

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Utopia
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 07:51:40 PM »
if you want turkish music with your meal try Belgins kitchen... ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 09:00:52 PM »
The Atlantis Alternif at the start of the Kalamar Road sometimes have a young man who plays the guitar and sings Turkish songs. They usually put a sign up to let you know when he is playing.

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 11:35:43 PM »
If you want a relaxing evening with good company and lovely people Utopia is a place to go. If you want Turkish music they will play it, just ask. When we were in Kalkan in March the owner was just putting the finishing touches to his new restaurant on the roof terrace. We tried a couple of his taster dishes one night and have to say they were superb.
Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Brooksie.loves.Efes

Offline EremTours

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 06:38:27 PM »
Only thing to say about Utopia!!!

It is the best.....

Regards

EremTours

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 10:05:29 PM »
So where is it, I know where the moonlght is but would like to give it a miss this time, but would like a nice bar where we could just have a drink after a meal else where. ;)

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 08:54:15 AM »
Utopia is the one right next to the moonlight bar - it is usually empty (!!) compared to the Moonlight which is heaving..!!!  ???
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 09:34:52 AM »
Oh of course got it now, would love to go there but never felt like sitting on our own always felt sorry for him that his bar was empty whilst the other overflowed and wondered how he made a living. well as therer are a group of us this time we will try it, and I guess if there are a few sat there others will join, I think it is because you feel guilty sitting there when the moonlight man grabs you every time where as they never come out to get you next door but isnt this what we want no hassle to get into bars restraunts, right thats it I will give him a go, hows about the rest of you, poor soul he must need a slice of our income.

Offline oldh

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 10:36:50 AM »
Hi
The Utopia has only been open in the last 5 or 6 years, and the owner Faek is a bit of a blues fan.He has changed the choice of music a little to suit most people. I am sure if you ask him he will put on anything you want, so long as he has got it.
We generally start here have a few drinks, then off for a bite to eat the finish off the evening here.
If there is any info you need to know,ask Faek, if he doesn't know he will know someone who does.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 10:38:38 AM by oldh »

Offline EremTours

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 12:42:55 PM »
Hi all you all know me(hope so) I am a taxi driver in Kalkan and Utopia is the only bar I go in Kalkan because they are the best I think you cant believe in this but no bar has the all equipment they have in their bar if you dont believe in this go and see it. But the only problem is I think moonlight bar because they dont invite you to their bars they take you into their bars and I really hate this for example you know there was a match between Milan and Liverpool and there was fool because Faik took his big flat screen outdoor and let all people watch the match easily. He really tries to do his best for his customers but as I said the only problem is moonlight bars and also as oldh said faik can play all kind of music you want. Now his computer has come and he has got really a good archive so go and ask Faik what you want to face in bar I bet he will do the best for you.

Regards

Emre GOKTEPE

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 02:48:33 PM »
Sorry have to say this again but I've never felt pressurised into sitting at the Moonlight and I've certainly never been grabbed by anyone who works there.  We have on several occasions also sat in Utopia and Muhittin and his staff have waved over to us.  We did not, or were ever made to feel awkward about this.  I'm afraid when I'm on holiday and paying I go were I want to go!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2007, 02:59:41 PM »
i'll second that....never been pressured into doing what i don't want to...i go there because i like it and the people that go there as well!! it's surprising how many people you meet!!i do however sit outside utopia with a cold one some afternoons!! ;)

Offline Johnjen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 04:53:42 PM »
Three years ago we struck up a friendship with Faik,which led to us being invited for the day on his friends boat.It was a great day & included drinks & food.Neither Faik nor his friend would accept any payment,so now we always have a drink or three in the Utopia.His restaurant was open last year & is excellent but as yet not well known.If you give it a try you won't be disappointed.Faik also had a habit of saying this ones on the house when you had a few.Something like every 4th drink.Hic.My only complaint is that the chairs outside are very uncomfortable. 

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2007, 04:59:43 PM »
Sure Johnjen with enough Efes you'll never notice the chairs!  And at least they're not downhill like the ones at the Moonlight, now that can be tricky with a few too many!

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2007, 05:41:53 PM »
So Johnjen - I didn't know that Utopia guy has a restaurant too - can you give more details and I might just have to try it out...OMG - so many MORE restaurants to try ...how will I EVER get through them!!   ::)

I just hope the restaurant is not as dead as the bar is......mind you - as somebody has pointed out - they do seem to get more custom during the day - I must say - I must give them a try - I am a bit fed up of dicing with death as the Moonlight chairs encroach more and more onto the road (albeit closed to traffic in the height of the summer - scooters still whizz around..!!

Serefe!!

Offline EremTours

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2007, 08:16:44 PM »
hi felicitiy

the utopia guy's restaurant is not open this year because he couldnt find personnel to work over there

sorry

regards

Emre GOKTEPE

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2007, 08:29:56 PM »
My son and his family tried out the restaurant when it first opened last year and had a couple of lovely meals there. The man who was running it (I don't think it is Faik) was very helpful and gave them lots of advice on things to do places to go etc. We tried it when we went out in October and had a couple of meals, it was very nice but very quiet and he said they had picked a bad season to start a new restaurant as it was so quiet last year. We are out again next week and will go again.

Offline Ramtastic

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2007, 08:58:50 PM »
We stayed in Kalkan for a week in 2005 and went to Utopia every night, sometimes to watched the football, but usually just to watch the world go by.  Didn't go to Moonlight at all, but we did wonder why they were always busy and Utopia wasn't.  Utopia (possibly other bars in Kalkan as well) is the only place where we have seen extra large Efes, my husband was most disappointed when he couldn't get extra large Efes in Dalyan.  Even more disappointed that our hotel bar only sold Tuborg! Anyway we will definitely be returning to Utopia this September.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2007, 10:04:55 AM »
as you go down the main street...down the hill till you come to the steps that lead down to the harbour..top of the steps ..to your left  there is a bar there that does a huge beer !!loveley view over the harbour as well!!he had a board outside last year with cheap prices on...can't remember the name....too many huge beers...hic,hic, ;D

Offline kalkankiki

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2007, 11:09:03 AM »
the place you describe, blue lizard, has been demolished and a new restaurant will be opened there any day. it looks quite upmarket so probably no more cheap efes  >:(
by the way if you are in kalkan in the next week or so and a cat lover check out the kittens in utopia bar, very sweet but prob deaf already!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
utopia bar

Started by jfm on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

1 Replies
Last post August 20, 2008, 03:03:39 PM
by anoife
xx
Point (above Utopia)

Started by sunshine on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

1 Replies
Last post June 12, 2008, 02:07:15 PM
by june

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal