Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: What do you buy to take home...?  (Read 9915 times)

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: What do you buy to take home...?
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2014, 11:50:32 AM »
We were bringing back an empty suitcase last year so brought home a 10kg bag of oranges lol! We had just bought it and had only used a couple. They were so juicy it was a shame to leave them and at the time there wasn't anyone nearby to leave them with.
They were a lovely reminder when back in the UK!!

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2014, 03:43:07 PM »
Over the years a selection of tablecloths, cushion covers, table runners. A gorgeous quilt for our bedroom which  has definitely developed a Turkish theme now. Hubby likes his leather belts and me a dress and the must have sandals. Àlthough unfortunately not sure if I'll be there to wear them this year as I'm on crutches hobbling with a fractured pelvis  :'( . Went for a romantic cottage break, no pun intended lol,  a few days before Christmas only to fall down the flight of stairs and had an extended holiday in the nearest hospital. No, hadn't enjoyed too much Christmas cheer, just lost my footing on the pitch black landing attempting to find the light switch on a desperate six a.m. journey to the loo. Never mind at least got out of the Christmas cooking. Physio's going good so hopefully as Arnie says " I'LL BE BACK", and it certainly won't be for the lack of trying ;)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2014, 04:21:02 PM »
Hope you recover soon!!..maybe this year you can take home a Potty too stick under your bed for next time you have a romantic break :-X :-*

People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2014, 05:43:21 PM »
Oh Clara, poor you best wishes for a speedy recovery!

These posts have made me realise just how much stuff we have brought back in reality, that I didn't think of at first.......
Bedspread, dressing gown, various items of clothing, cushion covers, table runner.........cuddly toy, yogurt make (only joking about the last two....)

Offline taurus

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2014, 07:42:19 PM »
Apart from the usual tee shirts,handbags and sandals, we take tomatoes,oranges,and various nuts. The tomatoes taste so much nicer than our local supermarket variety. I don't really know if we are contravening any laws by importing fruit and veg. Perhaps someone can let us know.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2014, 10:24:09 PM »
Towels......how could I forget?!!?
I buy towels and tea towels.....as many as I can fit in my case. The quality v price is unbeatable. There used to be a great towel shop in town which is now a restaurant....quelle surprise. I buy tea towels in the shop near to Cafe del Mar and towels from either Fethiye or Kalkan market.
taurus, if your case gets searched you may have your foodstuff confiscated, but we've taken those sweet-coated peanuts BL mentions home for years without any problems...and the bags of green tea we buy look distinctly dodgy. It's a chance you take...
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2014, 08:37:03 AM »
Oh yes....towels as well!  :laugh:

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2014, 11:20:56 AM »
sorry clara 50 - didn't catch up on the thread before my previous post. I do hope you are making good progress with your injury and that it hasn't been too traumatic for you. Romantic weekends...eh? that'll teach you :-*

Offline Faywray

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2014, 10:13:13 PM »
We have tried several times to take home those little honey and bits covered nuts from the spice stall on the market...we never get out of the market without eating them!! ::)even when we buy them on the way out we eat them at the first stopping off point ::)  Also Copy DVDs,some are better than others but cheap so worth a punt.
Man on the market sells nice wooden carved spoons big and small, very reasonable..(hes usually up in the fruit and veg bit) next door to him is a hardware stall ..we bought little salt and pepper pots with plastic smiley face tops that you twist to make them smile and open up the holes(various colours)very cheap but they remind me of good times when I'm having my dinner....oooooooo! I do love tat and trinkets!! :P ;D
Tat and trinkets - I like your style BL. I am returning in 54 more sleeps - the only place I have been back to as we love seeing different places but rebooked Kalkan as soon as we returned.
Back to the tat and trinkets - after discovering one of the Virgin Mary which lit up with flashing lights I when it was shook, I have an unhealthy obsession with terribly tacky snow globes - VM disco snow globe was from Lourdes which we visited on euro tour in our old VW.
I tried in vain to find one in Kalkan last year. Got one from Kas but it's not the same as there are rules to the snow globe obsession ..1. It must be pretty horrid 2. It must have the name of the place acquired from on it.
Ah well ....
Last year I took back some little candle holders, apple tea, owl bags and Raki. I would love a couple of the beautiful lamps but god knows how I would get them back home ...maybe I will have to buy a spare case ....

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2014, 08:36:05 AM »
Never one to miss an opportunity to keep my tum happy, Black olives, Bim Hazlenuts and Eti 'Form' light biscottes. Mrs BG always puts in a few tomatoes and cucumbers.
It is what we take out that is most important though, it's always a struggle to stay within size and weight. coming home the bag only has the above weighing just a few kilos in it
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 02:13:00 PM by BubblesG »
There - over there, there are.            To - Going to
Their - belongs to them.                     Too - In addition, Also
They're - Short for they are.

Pedant! me?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Home Sweet Home

Started by Joeyloveskalkan on Holiday Reports and Reviews

15 Replies
Last post January 10, 2013, 09:45:23 AM
by Karen01
xx
Home :(

Started by Babs on Holiday Reports and Reviews

2 Replies
Last post October 16, 2013, 10:39:44 AM
by Lizilu20
xx
going home

Started by joycie on Holiday Reports and Reviews

10 Replies
Last post October 05, 2013, 07:20:47 PM
by joycie
xx
Home again

Started by Darcy on Holiday Reports and Reviews

0 Replies
Last post October 17, 2013, 07:46:27 PM
by Darcy

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal