Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: English summer  (Read 3585 times)

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
English summer
« on: July 14, 2013, 10:41:32 AM »
Ok, so we are back in England for a week or so... I'm working and Fiona is visiting friends and family... and I have to admit that when the weather is like this, it's pretty hard to beat. M25 excepted, of course.

Still looking forward to coming home to Kalkan on Tuesday though... even a week away is too long!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11318.0

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
Re: English summer
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 11:19:07 AM »
Will agree, England is great when warm :) :)  However, not quite the same as a quick dip in the sea/pool - chilled Efes and the difficult question - "where shall we eat tonight" ??? ???  Am trying to replicate here in Dorset, but somehow Tesco's Efes and my feet in a washing up bowl of water (pretending I can hear the Med) is not quite the same :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 09:00:21 AM »
It's also beautiful weather in Wales...and it may be lovely in Scotland too ;) ;)
Britain is bigger than England :-*
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 10:13:58 AM »
Too true K4E just seen it's to be in the high 20s in Scotland at the weekend. Will make our return a little more bearable. Now how do I transform my garden into our Kalkan terrace  ???

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 10:21:42 AM »
I love where I live Southern England,i have the sea 200yrds from my house..(not like Kalkans sea) but still pretty clean with grass banks to lie on where I can watch the boats coming and going and the Herons tripping over spindly legs on the foreshore..on a windy day I like to think I can smell onions from our french friends over the sea ..but it's probably from one of the indian restaurants in town :P  I am on a couple of days off so I will be going to see Mr Wetherspoon for some Efes later (cheaper than kalkans bars!) Not as nice surroundings but still refreshing enough to revive recent memories..later maybe a couple of mojitos before rounding off with a couple of refreshing bottles of "Hooch"...yep I love living here... especially when it's sunny !! ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 11:26:08 AM »
BL are you Antler in disguise? Sounds beautiful where you are....it is my dream to live overlooking an ocean somewhere. We are inland, although we have "adopted" a fairly large pond next to our house which houses natterjack toads, crested newts and ducks (the ducks tend to live in our garden and tap their beaks against the back door when they are hungry to be fair..) Still...I'd swap that for a view of the sea any day :)
itstime...are you home already? The only upside is coming back to good weather (...outside of England ;D ;D)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 02:59:36 PM »
Not yet K4E, currently sitting waiting for our transfer :( Only 8 weeks til we return though ;)

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 09:39:53 PM »
The weather here in Wales has been glorious too but I've been a good girl and resisted wearing my new Kalkan gear yet. Hopefully going to our caravan in Somerset for ten nights on friday hoping the weather holds up even if only for a few days of our stay, the last few years holidays there have been a complete washout, not a flippen-floppen in sight and more brollies than parasols. So fingers crossed, need to start practising  my Kalkan relaxation technique, shorts on, feet up, good read and the obligatory cold wine to hand and of course need to break in the new blingey flippen-floppens ready for our arrival on Bank Holiday Monday. BRRRING IT ON  8)

Offline headroom

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
  • Everyone smiles in the same language
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 10:15:31 PM »
We have a beautiful villa in Kalkan where we have enjoyed long sunny days and serene balmy evenings eating our alfresco dinner and whiling away the time listening to chilled music by the pool.
 In England we have an idyllic little cottage on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales, a lovingly tendered garden replete with a myriad of greenery and fish pond, the sound of water splashing from the fountain and the evening bird song serenade our after work glass of wine, temperatures that of the last six years have eluded our summer warm our bones and our souls.
  Where would I rather be? . . . . . Hmm?
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 12:05:58 PM »
Your home sounds wonderful, but my guess is Kalkan would probably come first, however beautiful a place is you can't beat getting up to wall to wall sunshine during the summer. The most frustrating thing I've always found about the UK summer weather is when you plan a nice trip to the coast or the mountains only to get up to grey skies and rain and you end up feeling as gloomy as the weather and either postpone or go armed with mac's and brollies and a barrel full of that good old British gumption, then wonder later what the h**l you were thinking of  ::) Hope the weather will at least stay pleasant and reasonably fine during next month when our grandkids are on school holidays, they get so gutted when it's too wet to play outside in the garden and have fun splashing around in the paddling pool. When we've spent time in our Somerset caravan in the past and the weather has been dreadful my heart always goes out to people with young families huddled out of the rain in various tents etc,so disappointing after scrimping and saving all year. Been there done that with four kids over the years. Think it makes us realise how fortunate we have been to be able to look forward to a wonderful Kalkan holiday in glorious sunshine  8)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 09:21:26 PM »
England......and Wales and Scotland are stunning when the sun shines, sorry, never seen Ireland in the sun! But as lovely as it is, and we live in a particularly beautiful spot n Kent, give me "abroad" any day. I love being able to spend whole days and evenings outdoors, sitting out till late without feeling chilly and being able to plan with certainty that the sun will shine the next day. A couple of years ago we spent a week in a lovely little cottage in a beautiful part of Devon and it rained every day......it was August. We went on the beach which was within walking distance in our coats! It was so miserable the only thing that kept us going was the fact that in eight weeks time we were going to Kalkan. Still bring on weeks of this amazing weather.....makes going to work a bit more bearable  :laugh:

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 09:40:55 PM »
Sausages in the fridge!!... Pork pie!..Salt and vinegar crisps!... Cod with batter on!! Driving on the left!! I don't have to smell like a petrol forecourt when I go out!! My old cat!! My own comfy bed!! I can drink out of the tap!! .these are things I miss   while i'm trying to convince myself  kalkan is only next year away having been this year already!! ::)

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2013, 11:00:23 PM »
Nice one BL, as a dedicated sausage fancier, the link was much appreciated, they sound delish. Nothing like a fancy banger to tickle the tastebuds especially on a cold, dreary winter's night watching Corrie, naughty but nice   >:D
Would knock spots off Betty's hotpot anyday !!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
English TV

Started by Clive on The Everything Else Area!

49 Replies
Last post May 04, 2017, 03:57:05 PM
by Mike
xx
TV in English

Started by Cosetta on Living In Kalkan

2 Replies
Last post August 27, 2010, 01:02:43 PM
by Cosetta
xx
Mad Dogs and English Men

Started by mcrterry on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post July 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM
by mcrterry
xx
English weather !

Started by Mrs Enjoy Kalkan on Weather

3 Replies
Last post June 06, 2010, 08:18:00 AM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Tlos

Views: 3618
By: Pebble
Patara Theatre