Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fake Goods  (Read 4000 times)

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
Fake Goods
« on: September 11, 2011, 10:26:22 PM »
Interesting reading...........http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-471679/Revealed-The-true-cost-buying-cheap-fake-goods.html

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8518.0

Offline Dellbarr

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Fake Goods
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 08:19:39 AM »
I used to be a "Grumpy old Man" but lately I've progressed, I'm now a very suspicious one as well. When I was a child, a long while ago now, I went along with hundreds of others to saturday morning pictures. The last story shown was always a villian versus hero affair, and the very last scene was of the hero falling out of the plane, or his car going over the edge or his ship sinking. But when we went back the following saturday he somehow always managed to miraculously survive. I now watch prorrammes where the commentator always appears to be talking everything up. It's not just the odd programme anymore, What about the police chase ones where the commentator starts off with a "you know it makes sense" arguement and then goes on to describe some things as extremely dangerous when they're obviously not. But he tells us it is, so are we expected to believe it? Yes, I think we are!  Then there's Ice Road Truckers, Mighty Ships, and many more. They keep trying to turn them into disaster movies. This could go wrong and so could that , what happens if this arrives late or this is too heavy for it's supporting structure? The list is becoming endless.
So, apart from questioning Misty's motives is this article yet another article in the same vein? She starts by telling us that this is the TRUE COST but is it? I don't know. I've always thought that this trade exists because of the exorbitant prices being charged for the real thinng,, and I,ve always thought that these articles were being written by those with a vested interest trying to maintain them.
What proof is there to back up these claims. Are these businesses really being run by vicious crooks who find this easier than peddling drugs? I got about a quarter of the way through reading and found myself thinking "here we go again" I started missing out every other line then reading only one in three and I came to one that quite clearly stated that the people responsible for all this are 'The English. No one else, just us! What a load of rubbish. So no one other then the English buys fake goods. I just don't believe it. Do you? If so, welcome to Saturday Morning Picture syndrome.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 08:26:43 AM »
Its an article in the Daily Mail....say no more. Plus its from 2007 :o :o....Misty, have you got nothing better to do :-*
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline kele

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 08:27:58 AM »
A beautifully constructed argument, I agree 100% with all that you’re saying here.

There’s no proof whatever within the article to back up any of these claims.

Anyway, the article was in the Daily Mail, and these days nothing in that publication is ever ‘interesting reading!’

Daily Mail readers…..who needs them!?
You know who really gives kids a bad name? Posh and Becks

Offline whiteonyx

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 12
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 10:28:01 AM »
iv'e never seen any fake items in Kalkan, only genuine authentic reproductions  ;D

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 10:40:29 AM »
I get it!!....so everybody stops buying fakes...the fakes industry goes out of business.....those that are exploited for little money...errrr..get nothing .......or do the governments of said exploited people install everyone in a well paid job ::) .................don't think so! >:D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 12:08:11 PM »
Typical DM tosh.  I'm just relieved that the real companıes, such as Nike etc, don't take advantage of the young and vulnerable in making their 'original' products for peanuts...  Hold on a moment....

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 05:11:57 PM »

Typical DM tosh.  I'm just relieved that the real companıes, such as Nike etc, don't take advantage of the young and vulnerable in making their 'original' products for peanuts...  Hold on a moment....

My thoughts entirely Eniste. Lost count of so called high profile legitimate companies being caught exploiting people. But hey that's ok because people know who they're buying from and what they're buying ::) ::) ::)

Anyway the Daily Mail should be banned and anyone caught reading it forced to bend over and be duly whacked a hundred times with an old tatty rolled up copy :) :) :)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 06:37:31 PM by itstime »

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 06:06:12 PM »
Bent over and a rolled up copy isn't what i had in mind!! >:D

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 06:18:20 PM »
 :o :o :o ;D

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 06:24:06 PM »
The DM is ok a bit left leaning for my liking  ;)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 07:53:26 PM »
...someone get a rolled up copy ready for Misty.... :o :o
Love that you've been feminised Dellbarr.... :) Welcome to the sisterhood :-*

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Counterfeit goods

Started by tonik1945 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

6 Replies
Last post October 09, 2012, 04:03:06 PM
by Bdancer
xx
Shipping goods from Kalkan

Started by toffeelass on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post June 15, 2009, 07:34:01 AM
by Rosie
xx
white goods user handbooks

Started by Dillon on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post September 26, 2010, 11:03:58 PM
by Dillon
xx
Importing household goods from the UK - customs implications

Started by mantha38 on Buying A Property & Real Estate

2 Replies
Last post April 13, 2011, 09:13:08 AM
by mantha38

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Club Patara 1999

Views: 4717
By: Cosetta
Kalkan