Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Slimming World  (Read 10100 times)

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Slimming World
« on: April 07, 2015, 06:38:32 PM »
I have put weight on. Anybody have any knowledge of Slimmers World and the best dishes to eat in Kalkan when we dine out? Like every night!!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12653.0

Offline Anne

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
    • Towers House Kalkan
Re: Slimming World
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 07:48:01 PM »
Having ballooned, eating out every night for the last 2 weeks while our kitchen was ripped out, tonight was the first night we could cook in and tomorrow we start the diet, OH wants to do the 5:2 diet,    so 2 days cooking in on minimal calories (i.e 500 per day- starvation level) and then you can eat out for the other 5 days. Don't see how you can lose the weight if you eat out every night!! Other trouble is the Efes and wine every night.

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 08:20:55 PM »
I have no knowledge of Slimming World but I can advise the best way to stay slim when eating out every night.
Eat a good breakfast, muesili/yogurt/fruit followed by an omelette or any sort of eggs. If the breakfast is substantial enough you can usually eat  just fruit for lunch.
In the evening eat just a main course plus any starters that are provided on the house.No dessert...if desperate share with someone else but not every night. Best to avoid cocktails as they are laden with sugar. If you stick mainly to this you can get away with drinking wine and beer.

In the heat you don't need 3 courses every night and very rarely get hungry in the day. Think breakfast is the key! This is how I eat in Kalkan and with the walk into Kalkan and back from Patara Prince every night the weight stays the same and sometimes less.
Good luck.

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 09:11:10 PM »
Thanks for the replies. Interesting. My normal brekky is a 500g tub of yoghurt and honey. Soup for lunch  or a salad (not much if any bread) dinner is just a main course and whatever pickies get delivered. Again not much bread. I don't eat big, I do like to eat often. My downfall is the wine. 3 glasses per night. Plus this time around because of a dodgy hip I can't walk far (It hurts) has  anyone ever taken a mobility scooter to Kalkkan??

Offline Kuzu

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 10:39:00 PM »
I Follow slimming world & find it relatively ok in Kalkan  (& if you can keep your drink consumption low)!!!! We have boiled eggs, tomato, cucumber etc for brekkie (I take packet of ryvita), then also change with light museli. You can also get light triangle cheese & yoghurt.  Then things like chicken salad for lunch & then maybe steak for evening, or a penne tomato pasta dish, or grilled meats. But msr's advice sounds sensible...after all SW is just healthy eating rather than a diet as such..
If your following SW at home you should be able to fit it around food in Kalkan...it just depends on your will power!  Alternatively try your hardest before you go away, then just enjoy your holiday! :D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 11:25:58 PM »
you can follow any diet or way of eating in Kalkan as there's so much choice - especially healthy choice. It's the alcohol that will be your undoing...10 syns a day won't go very far even if you do stick to wine. The least calorific drink is a vodka/gin with soda water but its an acquired taste. I drink that when I'm out in the bars and restaurants as the tonic is just full of sugar (as is the cherry, cranberry etc...)
I find walking everywhere and if possible, making time to go for planned walks will balance out the extra intake...for the first week or so anyway :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 11:22:03 AM »
5;2 works - just slow, which is the best way to lose weight longer term.

So far I've dumped 2 stone somewhere, and still been able to slightly indulge whenever.  best to drop it completely for Kalkan and then resume when you return - patience is the key.

500kcal is the fasting target for ladies, for men it's 600kcal.  It's surprising how used to the routine you get, knowing that, tomorrow, it's back to normal!

Biggest problem?  finding recipes and menus for fasting days that don't get repetitive and boring and don't involve lentils, pulses, and other undesirable fashion fads.

Also, avoid Tofu and soya - they don't help, and may affect your immune system when taken in excess..
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 12:30:15 PM »
5:2 didnt work for me as I ate too much of the wrong stuff on the "normal" days...think putting rolos on my pizza was the deciding factor.
Everything in moderation is my motto... :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 12:40:53 PM »
Same here K4E......the trouble is that my 'normal' is obviously not very normal but as in 6 weeks time I will just have arrived at gatwick I'd better get my act together!

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 08:23:59 PM »
I think you got it in a nutshell K4E re he booze - the high calorie mixers and huge glasses of wine that are very generously served in Kalkan.
I usually put around 5 - 7lbs on after our summer holidays and the trouble was that it never came off! The most I ever gained though was in Mexico on all inclusive where I stuffed my face like a pig, huge cooked breakfasts, even eating stuff like refried beans because I could! Buffet lunch, burger at 3pm, afternoon tea and speciality meal for dinner. I worked my way down the cocktail list and then broke my heart when I found I had gained over a stone in 2 weeks. Hardly surprising really!
In Kalkan we usually just have brunch and evening meal. I often have something like menemen or turkish breakfast and then freebie starters and main course only ( sneaky tastes of kids puds) for dinner. I really blame the booze as I iften eat less and more healthy than at home.
When I last did slimming world, it was all red and green days with a few syns thrown in. I remember always losing more weight on the red days. I did find it restrictive though. I'm sure if you eat in moderation, be careful of your booze and expect to gain a little then you can't go far wrong as others have already said.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 07:25:56 AM »
I've tried 5:2 diet, Slimming World, Weight Watchers, but at the moment doing the My Fitness Pal App, where you add everything in that you eat, and it seems to work, although has gone by the wayside since I've been here.  I was determined to be so good on this holiday, but after day 1 it went very wrong, but will be back on it on Monday.  As all you ladies say, you can diet here if you are careful, but the alcohol is the big downfall! imagine if you stick to chicken, eggs and salad, you will be fine but that is easier said than done! I ate for England yesterday so today am having a day off food! The main thing is though you need to enjoy, your on holiday, but you can be careful. Rolos on your pizza K4E now that sounds interesting  :D :D :D 

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2015, 10:32:22 AM »
Rolos, Pizza?

All you need to finish it off is to deep fry it.

Maybe I ought to sell the idea in Glasgow!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2015, 01:03:43 PM »
I think I've done as many different diets as you Jayne ;D
Settled on Pig to Twig which is low carb and it does work if you're strict but I'm not neccesaarily as strict as I should be because...lets face it...life's too short :) I have a rule that on holiday and at Christmas I can eat what I like - which does tend to mean I go into carb-overload to make up for lost time. And those ladies amongst us over a certain age and battling the dreaded "change" you can try as hard as you like some of the fat just aint for shifting...learn to love it :-*

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2015, 06:02:58 PM »
I am with you on that K4E, life is too short to monitor what you eat all the time and holidays and Christmas are times to relax and enjoy the cuisine.
I am very active and do 10 gym classes a week including body pump,body attack, spin and GRIT which helps keep everything toned and trim. Also as a lady of a 'certain age' the exercise stops anything from moving south. However as with the eating on holiday I certainly would not go to a gym for any sort of exercise class. Sometimes it is good to just relax, after all that is what a holiday is for.
I am however debating a roll  topped pizza, only on holiday of course

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2015, 10:09:38 PM »
I agree and am not looking to lose weight on hols.

However - I am waiting on a hip replacement and am not looking to increase any more than is necessary as that is not too clever!

I'm knackered for walking and just wanted a few pointers as to the less fattening main courses. I don't do puds or deserts.

:)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2015, 10:50:12 PM »
If you're looking for some pointers, I'd say keep it simple, Wendy - protein and veg as your staples for main courses and everything else in moderation. I appreciate walking will be difficult but swimming is ideal exercise if you're up to it. If you are able to swim for half an hour a day it will help you maintain your current weight and has the added benefit of improving your cardiovascular health which as you know will stand you in good stead for the op. Its a long waiting list where we live so good luck with everything :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
world cup

Started by tonywheeler on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post June 24, 2010, 07:48:55 PM
by turkeyfan
xx
World Cup

Started by LancashireLass on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

16 Replies
Last post March 05, 2014, 08:50:52 PM
by Irene
xx
Has the world gone mad?

Started by Blue Lizard on The Everything Else Area!

12 Replies
Last post August 24, 2009, 07:00:39 PM
by itstime
xx
world Cup

Started by lesleyelle on Introduce Yourself

1 Replies
Last post May 19, 2010, 09:58:39 AM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

The Antlers

Views: 3861
By: antler
Pasha Hotel