Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Victor Meldrew Thread  (Read 20445 times)

Offline Honey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: The Victor Meldrew Thread
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2007, 03:06:11 PM »
Is it just me but i hate those hand held gismo''s couriers now use for you to sign. >:(They look like  ''Etch a Sketch'' screens & my signature turns out resembling a 5 year olds  ;D.lol

Offline Mrs B

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2007, 09:57:16 PM »
Banks that try to sell you something when you phone up to enquire about your account or just do some telephone banking.
"Can i interest you in protecting your payments/fraud protection etc"
If i want it, i''ll come to you for it!!
I dont need asking EVERY time i phone up.
And then..."Can i ask you WHY you dont want it?"
Oh, just BECAUSE!!  >:D

Lol...you''d never believe its friday night, i''ve had two large spiced rum and cokes and i''m well chilled out!!  O0
Imagine what im like when im wound up!!!  ;)

Offline Honey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2007, 10:17:23 PM »
Husbands who switch the lights off before you even leave the room.Oops i''m on the wine again ;D

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2007, 07:29:36 AM »
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....white van man,if you have a white van you can stop anywhere as long your hazard lights are flashing ::),grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....post offices!!! i used to be able to go to the top of my road,now i have to go to town,pay for parking and take a packed lunch incase i''m stuck in there for  hours!! :o
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline kalkanfan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2007, 08:44:05 AM »
I may ruffle a few feathers with this one but Parent & Child parking spaces.  Often abused, in my view, by parents when a car load of teenagers emerged from the people carrier with mum and/or dad (or even worse no kids at all).  My in laws are both in their 80''s, have mobility issues, yet do not qualify for any preferential parking rights at all.  I believe the argument is that you need lots of space either side to get the kids/buggies etc out of the car - fine - so why can''t this be done elsewhere in the car park and not as close to the entrance as possible???

Offline Cruisecontroller

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2007, 12:21:51 PM »
Blue Lizard, I have to agree with you about white van man.  I had just made my first delivery on monday and was opening my cab door when WHAM, a white van collided with it.  Consequently it was difficult to re-secure my door in order to travel and when I did eventually get moving, it was a case of thick coat and heater on maximum !!!!  His van came off pretty grim, mirror & housing completely busted as well as his door windows and door.   Alas, it was my fault for failing to check in my mirror before opening the door, I should have known better as the road in question is pretty busy and vehicles DO fly in and out of there, then again, it was monday after all and if it is going to happen, it will happen on a monday or a friday !!

Dizzy.  I have been doing the same job for almost 27 years, I do 2 - 3000 miles a week in a 44 Tonne vehicle.  Courtesy and manners went out of the window many, many years ago.  Driving standards have been gradually deteriorating over the past 15 years and without sounding racist(which i''m not), we have, more recently been flooded out with Eastern Europeans who bring their own cars over here and their driving standards are something to be desired.  Like you, I hate it when someone doesn''t indicate, it does take a little while to get 44 Tonne rolling !!  Remember though, if you move to Kalkan, DON''T buy a car, use the local transport ie:- Dolmus, National type coaches as Turkish drivers are pretty crazy !!

Kalkanfan.  There should be a designated area for people carriers and four wheel drive type vehicles, there is nothing more daunting than to have one of these things parked next to you.  It is peoples laziness and ignorance in this country. 

Another thing that grates with me and her ladyship is firms allowing employees to keep works vehicles at home, most people haven''t got the space within their properties to accommodate them and therefore leave them out on the public highway to cause a nuisance to other residents.  Near where we live there is a nice green triangle with some trees and parked on the grass is a white van and a red mini bus, a blot on the landscape !!

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
  • Resident: No
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2007, 05:56:34 PM »
1.Chewing gum and chewers who are not even able to keep their mouth shut while masticating like a Jersey cow, even worse when it''s spat onto the pavement.

2. Girls with babies in buggies who walk around smoking and chewing - what is that poor child going to grow up like?

3. The total lack of morality many youngsters have, and lack of respect for anyone.

Offline Eljhem

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2007, 08:30:38 PM »
We have a white van man in our road who insists on playing musical vans first thing in the morning and last thing at night to keep his parking space...........outside OUR house.

We used to have a friendly post office at the bottom of our garden ...............it is now a tanning salon!!!!!! (Blue lizard will know the one I mean)

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2007, 09:18:24 PM »
As a pedestrian I get annoyed when drivers don''t bother to indicate that they are turning at a corner or junction because there are no other vehicles about and expect me to be clairvoyant about their intentions and those that never stop at pedestrian crossings or for School crossings. 

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2007, 07:25:53 AM »
eljhem...i know it well..it turned from a thriving little PO..to a tanning shop where no one goes!!all the young orange girls seem to go in town(not that iv''e noticed ;))

Offline Mustafa Raki

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2007, 03:27:54 PM »
Good Solution for cold calls. When anyone calls e.g double glazing etc just tell them that is what I sell for a living. They haven''t got an answer for it> It works for all cold calls. I won a cruise once-allegedly-I told them I was a Captain for P & O!!   try it and see. Also if you get called for Jury Se vice tell them you are psychic! They won''t want you!   

Offline bluefudge11

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2007, 04:32:56 PM »
another good solution for cold calls (telephone) is to listen to the usual 5 minute uniterupted standard waffle then wait a second or two and then  say "hello" -
You hear them sigh as they start the waffle again  at which point you hang up.

&

I hate Supermarkets that change the location of things, but you will notice that the Malt loaf is always by the Deli counter. Why?  well  this because it is actually a stress relief toy, Watch how many people will go up and give it a squeeze whilst waiting in the queue to buy their individual slices of Billy Bear spam, but they never but the malt loaf in the trolley .
And Bread, watch how many people go and squeeze bread to make sure the loaf is fresh, then select another loaf that hasn''t been squeezed (why don''t they select the one they have just confirmed is fresh)

...and and

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2007, 05:17:56 PM »
mmmmm...jury service!! theres a thought >:D..stick me on jury service the next time that irritating little plank/junkie Pete Doherty goes to court!!...the judiciary seem loathe to bang him up...send him down....5 years for starters >:D >:D

Offline Cruisecontroller

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2007, 06:45:01 PM »
blue lizard, don''t forget to add Amy Winehouse and her hubby.

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2007, 09:34:31 PM »
And is anybody with a brain the slightest bit interested in all these so called celebrities. Do we really need to see pictures of them flashing their "private" lives and privates.!!!!

Offline kalkanfan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2007, 10:09:44 PM »
I was in Boots yesterday and while queing for the till saw two "celeb" magazines.  On one the headline was "Ziggy dumped me by text" while the magazine next to it had the headline "Why I dumped Ziggy".  Fair play to whoever was dumped for selling two different stories to two magazines but does it not show how futile and worthless these stories/magazines are.  Ban the word celebrity and put a 1000% rate of VAT on these magazines!

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2007, 10:51:49 PM »
Wasn''t Ziggy one of the Muppets?

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2007, 08:21:47 AM »
Hi Joan - no I think ziggy was off Sesame street - but perhaps should have been from the muppets like all those other celebs..!!!  ;D
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2007, 09:56:36 AM »
didn''t David Bowie sing about Ziggy Stardust? O0

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2007, 05:02:51 PM »
No, Ziggy used to be in Grange Hill.
Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
AtlasJet Thread

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post January 11, 2008, 02:28:47 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
smiley
The 4 word thread..........

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on The Everything Else Area!

89 Replies
Last post September 10, 2008, 01:41:47 PM
by Vieux con
xx
RIP Sid Waddell thread..

Started by pw on The Everything Else Area!

0 Replies
Last post August 12, 2012, 01:38:11 PM
by pw
exclamation
Thread: Trying to contact Christine

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post March 31, 2008, 07:31:07 AM
by Christine Kalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Bobs Bar, Kisla

Views: 4864
By: zros
001.JPG