Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Victor Meldrew Thread  (Read 20386 times)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: The Victor Meldrew Thread
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2007, 02:38:31 PM »
i''m not a moaner really but grrrrrrrrr  >:(this is the victor thread!!,letter posted 4 miles away takes 3 days to reach me? (not the first time !)pay for a first class stamp...if they said  "if you pay for a premier service you may have a 50/50 chance of recieving it" how many people would buy first class stamps?"   ::)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Mrs B

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2007, 03:59:04 PM »
Oooooh...that reminds me of the time i sent a letter, first class recorded (as it promotes itself as the best way to send important paperwork!!) to a solicitors.
Three weeks later it still hadnt arrived.
I phoned Royal Mail customer services to complain, and was told to download a complaints form from their website and i''d get refunded the cost of postage IF i had a receipt, and not just the proof of postage i received at the post office.
I got so annoyed and posted off a complaint to the manager of the dept...never received a response, said they didnt get it!!!!
Lololol!!!!
You couldnt make it up, could you!  :o

Offline Honey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2007, 09:04:44 AM »
Trinny & Susannah.yuk,yuk & yuk.Rude horrible women.

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2007, 10:02:40 PM »
I know, "I don''t beeelieve it"!! Talk about pot and kettle!!! And who in their right mind would want to weigh their boobs in water!!! If they grabbed hold of my puppies I would give them a "Wigan Kiss". Unbelievable.

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2007, 09:28:23 AM »
Christmas shopping yesterday in Leeds, oh god the shops were hotter than Kalkan in Aug, there I was with coat and jumper, bags heavy, they have heating full blast, doors open and staff running around in tee shirts, supposed to go back today for a second dose, may just wear my bikini, now there is a sight. :o

Offline Babadag

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2007, 07:59:21 PM »
I don''t believe it - I have just seen diesel for 109.9!!!!!! 
No wonder a taxi charged my Mum £5.50 to go 3 miles today.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2007, 08:45:31 PM »
i fear before long we are going to get long lines at garages as the refinerys get blockaded again!! ::)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2007, 02:03:43 PM »
weatherforcasters!!...why do they persist in telling me lies???why don''t they say "Despite spending millions of pounds on equipment it''s so unpredictable we haven''t got a clue,we suggest you ask somebody with a dodgy knee or failing that an old farmer whos cows lie down ,or even somebody who has a bit of seaweed" they have recently even started telling us about the weather we have just experienced.BBC for my area is often different to ITV and as for computer.....I''ts never right!!.....grrrrrrrrrrr >:( >:(

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2007, 03:27:35 PM »
All those retired people/couples who HAVE to go shopping in the supermarket during the office workers lunch times, then have long discussions about the price of items, what they want for tea etc standing in the middle of a packed aisle with their trolleys whilst all I want is a sandwich. Then the other scale of when I do my monthly supermarket shop at 7pm and come across people having to phone home to see what the family want for supper, or have long conversations whilst pushing their trolley around and not taking any notice of where they are going.  There should be no mobile phones allowed unless in emergencies in shops used by customers.  That might save a few bruises to the legs etc..........................
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 01:15:31 PM by DRBD »
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline bluefudge11

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2007, 12:47:17 PM »
Our local weather reporters just vaguely mention every potential weather that  we could possibly have  during that season. covering their own butts.
And why do we need pretty pictures showing what a cloud looks like, just tell me.  I''ll understand. And finally why do they all look so smug at the end of a forecast ... YOU WILL BE WRONG!

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2007, 05:23:07 PM »
Am I the only person who always manages to buy the umbrellas that turn inside out and disintegrate at the slightest breeze!!!!  I must have had five or six this year. I bought one from Superdrug, over a tenner and had it replaced three times as they all broke the first time I used them, a "guaranteed" stormproof brolly supposed built to withstand gale force winds, £20+, (lasted three outings) and a couple of others. I have got absolutely drenched today as my latest one went as soon as I opened it. Grrrrrr. I am going to stick to the £1.99 ones from now on, don''t think I am quite ready for a "Rainmate" yet.LOL
At least I have done most of my prezzie buying. But I just know that because I have done it so early(for me), they will now start reducing the prices on all the things I have bought before Christmas. 

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2008, 08:48:19 PM »
If you were to met someone new and you said "Hello" to them and they just ignored you, you would feel a bit "miffed".
So if you decide to go into the chatroom and someone who is in there already says "Hello" to you, can I please ask you to say "hello" back. After all it''s only good manners.
Thanks I feel better now!!! ;D

Offline yoyo

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2008, 04:00:19 PM »
Passports - thought I should come on here for my rant - wow, Del, didn''t realise they lasted 10 years, must have been going around with my eyes shut for years now, had several renewals and never noticed!!! ::)  My point was - my 6 month limit starts just 4 days before I return from Kalkan.  Surely if the 6 months starts within the time you are away this could be taken account of if it''s only a matter of days.  I only use my passport once a year (wish it could be more but not everyone is that lucky), so yes I do think its a waste! >:(

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2008, 05:03:34 PM »
I don''''t know what Ray will find when he goes for his passport on Wednesday, as Kalakn4eva has warned they block book appointments. If he is stuck in a megaqueue to wait for his appointment plus the four and a half hour wait to get his new passport, he will not be pleased. He then has to get back home, get his case and taxi to the airport. I get very nervous just thinking about it. have now started crossing toes as well as fingers!!!!! Plus, of course, he will have to pay a lot more for it. What a nightmare!!! I am surpriced the Passport Control at Turkey last October did not pick it up as he must have been "short of the 6 months" then but did not know it.
Joan
Joan
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 06:23:25 PM by joanH »

Offline yoyo

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2008, 05:25:24 PM »
Joan,
Just keep thinking how relaxed you are going to be once its all sorted and you are both there sitting on your balcony looking out at that great view.  8)

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2008, 06:26:11 PM »
True, after stressing all afternoon today to get his pictures and then to rearrange all the packing, plus weighing to make sure we are both within the luggage allowance, I just want to go to bed!!!!
Will treble check all the alarm clocks!!!!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2008, 01:14:05 PM »
Joan, I''m hoping it all went to plan and you are both now in Kalkan enjoying the wonderful views??
Only 5 more sleeps for us  :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2008, 10:56:44 AM »
Just thought I would add my rant. I have recently started commuting to work and these are the things that really irk me:
People talking loudly on their mobiles on the train when I am trying to read my book.
People who insist on occupying the outside seat on a packed train and depositing their bags on the empty seat next to them. When you have the temerity to ask them to move their bags so that you may take a seat on a public transport service, they glare and tut!!!
Cyclists who don''t stop at red lights. This one really makes my blood boil. We had one young lady due to attend an interview at our offices in Southwark street who was knocked over by a cyclist and had to be taken to hospital.
MP3 players so loud I don''t know why the user bothers with earphones.
Cases on wheels. Why do you need a case to go to work?
Rucksacks!! People barging their way through the train with huge rucksacks that nearly take your head off.
Dawdlers wandering aimlessly along the street and then stopping suddenly for no apparent reason.
Free papers - having Metro and London Lite thrust in my face outside the station.
Right, I feel better now. That really was a Victor Meldrew rant.

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2008, 11:00:46 AM »
You forgot one thing Loretta........... chewing gum on seats! GRRRRRRRRRRR  >:D >:D >:D

Offline jinfizzz

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2008, 11:02:07 AM »
And why, oh why, do parents with young children insist on travelling home from their day out in London on the busiest commuter trains??????? ???  Why can''t they go home a bit earlier?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
AtlasJet Thread

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post January 11, 2008, 02:28:47 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
smiley
The 4 word thread..........

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on The Everything Else Area!

89 Replies
Last post September 10, 2008, 01:41:47 PM
by Vieux con
xx
RIP Sid Waddell thread..

Started by pw on The Everything Else Area!

0 Replies
Last post August 12, 2012, 01:38:11 PM
by pw
exclamation
Thread: Trying to contact Christine

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post March 31, 2008, 07:31:07 AM
by Christine Kalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal