Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: let it snow..let it snow  (Read 12018 times)

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
let it snow..let it snow
« on: November 30, 2010, 12:23:53 PM »
No not in Kalkan but in the UK. How is everyone coping with the snow at the moment? It's not too bad in Stockport where we live but Oldham (where I work) is a different story - about 2 feet if not more ! It all looks very pretty but a nightmare to travel in  :o

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7156.0

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: let it snow..let it snow
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 12:54:28 PM »
Fareham....on the south coast........so far NO snow..just cold!......but now it's just started !!but only light!

thought for the day......."Be thankful you aren't a sausage dog in 6 inches of snow" :o
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 01:57:07 PM by blue lizard »
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 12:57:48 PM »
Had a sprinkling over night in bury,nothing to shout about,maybe a inch,but very cold and windy,yet again,same as earlier this year....no gritters in sight !!!!!!   >:(
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 01:39:17 PM »
Another snow shower in South Wales this morning, topping up what's still lingering around from Friday here on the hills. Bitterly cold but can't really complain, just grateful to have a warm home and plenty of food in the cupboard. If you're out and about guys be extra careful on those slippery roads and pavements  :o.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 01:42:49 PM »
Blizzard conditions for St Andrews day up here in Scotland. All local schools closed and people being sent home from work early( those who managed to get to work )
Been snowing it seems non stop for days now and I'm fed up with it already. It looks lovely but driving is a nightmare >:(

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 02:54:06 PM »
Thick snow where we are in North Wales, but nothing of any note in Liverpool where I work...a dusting at best. Snowed on Friday and snow has gone on top of frozen snow everyday since...we're kinda used to it  :(  and already fed up of it too, like itstime. Snow shovels and a grit sharing scheme amongst the neighbours is what generally gets us through.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 05:46:09 PM »
ohhh i've seen the pictures of Scotland on the news itstime..must be a nightmare for you! I did feel a teeny bit jealous though when we had none..think the novelty would wear off after a couple of days trying to drive in it though !
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 10:25:33 PM by Mrs Enjoy Kalkan »

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 05:53:41 PM »
Came heavy in the night here in Holmfirth although main roads are now clear but now freezing cold so could be icy tomorrow. Looks very nice through the window but not so good to be out in!! Sunny Kalkan seems a long way off!!
Nicky

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 06:45:32 PM »
ohhh i've seen the pictures of Scotland on the news itstime..must be a nightmare for you! I did feel a teeny bit jealous though when we had none..think the novelty would ware off after a couple of days trying to drive in it though !

Absolutely! it really is scary stuff. Lost count of the cars I saw today skidding all over the place :o
All my time at work this morning was trying to arrange alternatives to "meals on wheels" for local older people as the vans couldn't get round to deliver and the school kitchens where a lot of the meals are prepared were closed.
It does indeed look very pretty but is so dangerous to drive in or indeed to try and walk anywhere :(
Little sign of the roads being properly gritted as even major roads are covered in snow. I live in the central belt of Scotland and have never seen it so bad before. Temperatures tonight predicted to go down to -12 here and much lower further North :o
Could Kalkan please send over some sunshine :)

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 02:27:03 PM »
Still not much in SUNNY bury.... just a dusting of snow,very cold and freezing wind.
Its very strange,everywhere around us in knee deep in snow but bury is ok,even the bin men came round today with no problems  ;D

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 03:06:08 PM »
Blue Lizard, just you wait!!!   Have seen the local weather forecast and we are all in for it!  Only 20 miles from you, plenty of snow and COLD!!!!  This time last week was in temps of 35 (not in Hampshire!!!), am now abusing hot water bottle and electric blanket.  Not at the same time, might be permanently warm! >:D >:D >:D 

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 04:37:50 PM »
Think I spoke to soon ...thick snow here in Stockport and still coming down !

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2010, 05:35:23 PM »
We had a dusting last night of about 1 inch.....nearly all gone now ..but why do drivers turn into Plebs when it snows?coming back home from work on M27 this morning...Overhead Electronic boards warning of conditions and ice etc..Sp limit of 40 mph and the busiest lane is the outside lane!! with these herberts doing 70 plus!!   and they pull in infront of those of us who have left a braking distance! if you are going to prang your car please do it away from me""" Grrrr.... Grrr...gnashing teeth Grrrr!!! >:(

Offline Kay11

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2010, 06:00:29 PM »
Trying to drive out of my quiet street in Nottingham (6/8 inches of snow), I mistook my car for a ice skater in the Olympics!  :o Drive safely everyone!

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2010, 07:05:35 PM »
Trying to drive out of my quiet street in Nottingham (6/8 inches of snow), I mistook my car for a ice skater in the Olympics!  :o Drive safely everyone!

yes please be careful out there. I got stuck earlier trying to get into the carport :o backwards and forwards I went until thankfully managed to move in the correct direction. Scary stuff and I'm alreday dreading tomorrow morning :(

Offline deepasforever1

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2010, 08:36:21 PM »
The snow has finally reached Brighton today - it's really coming down at the moment and looks beautiful:)  There's wierd lightning in the sky too, an amazing sight.
Oops, just been told that the 'lightning' is from the railway line....
Actually, it could be lightning!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 07:53:41 PM by deepasforever1 »

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2010, 08:12:24 AM »
Beautıful day ın Kalkan and surroundıng areas yesterday!!
Left Kalkan ın the mornıng wıth the sun shınıng and dressed ın t-shırt,cotton trousers (short) and flıpflops for short bus rıde along the coast to Kas.Then over on the boat to Meıs.Sea was wonderfully calm and twınklıng ın the strong sunlıght.Lovely stroll around and sat on a bench by the harboursıde drınkıng water to cool us,then back on the boat to Kas and a pıcnıc (yummy treats from Greece!!) on the rocks overlookıng the sea.
Snow seems only a dıstant memory!!!!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2010, 08:24:10 AM »
Oddsbodkins!!!   we had about 8 inches of snow last night and it's still coming down!! if i had my flippen Floppen on i fear that my feet would no longer be attached to the rest of my body ::)

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2010, 09:27:13 AM »
 Kent just off M25 - Approx 18 inches around here has fallen since early hours of Tuesday morning & still coming down. 
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2010, 10:08:44 AM »
Hi All,
No snow here in balmy Helen's Bay, N. Ireland. 2deg., sunny  and no iced up windows to clear even. Looks bad for tomorrow, so will have to bring the sun loungers in!
Rx

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Snow!

Started by Em1 on The Everything Else Area!

24 Replies
Last post February 05, 2009, 09:03:43 AM
by Pebble
xx
snow

Started by pattaya on Weather

0 Replies
Last post January 25, 2013, 05:18:38 PM
by pattaya
angry
Fed up with the Snow!!!

Started by jooles168 on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post February 11, 2013, 08:14:29 PM
by Blue Lizard
xx
Snow!!!!

Started by Pebble on Weather

11 Replies
Last post February 19, 2008, 07:51:12 AM
by Linda

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Elixir Hotel

Views: 4901
By: janeywhit
Meis