Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: March weather etc in Kalkan  (Read 39546 times)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
March weather etc in Kalkan
« on: March 01, 2013, 05:05:35 PM »
Well that's Feb behind us now for March......

Wow what fab weather we have had today, the 'big wind' of yesterday did not show up today instead
his little brother 'light breeze' paid us a visit and to be honest it was welcomed as it was really hot. We laid on our sunbeds from 11:00 until 17:00 reading and listening to Magic radio on the terrace speakers, it was blissful  8).  Can really see where we have caught the sun, more of the same tomorrow I hope  ;).   to give you an idea of how hot it was today, you know when, in say July/Aug/Sept, your laying on a sunbed and you move your arms and scream ' aargh that's hot, well I was laying there with my arms behind my head then brought them down to put on the arm of the sunbed and believe me it was Warm, not as Hot as July etc, but all the same Warm  :o 8) :o that should give you a good idea how hot it's been today  8)

Lunch was eaten on our sunbeds, grilled Lamb chops with that lovely Turkish crusty bread, all washed down with a nice cup of Hot tea...yum yum yummy.

We are planning to drive out to Erum Dag (think that's the way you spell it) ski resort tomorrow, should be fun. You really could ski in the morning and swim in the afternoon in this little piece of paradise.......pinch me  ;D 8) ;D

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=10736.0
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline mel

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
Re: March weather etc in Kalkan
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 05:56:02 PM »
Its called Eren Dag or Seki Ski Centre.  We went last year but had to walk the last bit (about 1 hour) as the minibus didn't have snow chains, would strongly advise them.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 06:10:07 PM »
Thanks Mel, looks like we will be walking then  8)

Offline mel

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 06:14:29 PM »
Look at their facebook page as it says the ski centre is now closed for this year.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 06:38:02 PM »
Oh s**t. Thanks for info Mel.  May just go for look then.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 09:04:14 AM »
Another wonderful bright sunny morning here in Kalamar Bay, albeit Big Wind is back, hope he goes home soon and Little Breeze pops over for a few hours he's a lot more sociable than he's  big brother 8) >:D 8)

Might have a curry for lunch  >:D >:D >:D

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 07:12:31 PM »
Well it's been 11c in the north east of England, had the top down for the first time this year and believe it or not got as bit of a sun burnt head driving back from Robin Hood's Bay...........and no wind. It was just like being in kalkan, basking in the afternoon sun but substituted fish & chips for an adana kbeab and a pit of Deuchars for Efes. Marvelous day, hope it's the start of a fantastic spring until we can get over to Kalkan in May & September.

PW
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 08:14:03 PM »
Robin Hood's Bay Peter, I went there years ago, and it was lovely.  Glad you had a lovely day.  We are really reminiscing about Kalkan today, have booked Dalyan for the first 3 days of our holiday and then onto Kalkan for August.  Counting down and cannot wait.

Jayne & Bob

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 08:21:06 PM »
We were going to spend the 1st 2 days of our May hols in Dalyan before moving on to Kalkan..............but in the end we booked an extra couple of days at the villa in Kalkan. A bit boring, I accept that, but when your annual leave is so finite you don't want to risk it!

PW
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 08:24:13 PM by peterwilka »

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2013, 08:21:13 PM »
The sun shone all day today, it was a lovely bright sunny day. Poor sunbeds looked very lonely though, only company they had was Big Wind.

Strong winds all day in Kalamar ;-(((   

Looking forward to lunch tomorrow afternoon with friends at Fener Cafe,  lets hope it's not as windy and we can sit outside with those stunning views of the beach and harbour   8)

Our son who came out with us to have some Major dental work ( and navigate!) done had he's final appointment today to get his crowns fitted, got to say they look absolutely fantastic. Great value, about a third of the cost of having them done in the UK.  Cenk the dentist on the Kalamar Rd did the work, Fantastic dentist , highly recommended. Before and after photos are Amazing  :o :o :o

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 05:29:47 AM »
OneLove - Whilst you are Fener take a stroll along the beach to look at the new walkway alongside the gully.
What started off as a very pleasant project has now gone mad (not just my opinion).There is childrens play equipment and adult gym equipment popping up in every flower bed! It looks really stupid and seems very dangerous too having all the childrens equipment spread around by the side of a very deep gully, with only a wooden fence around.Dont kids love climbing on fences.
Every day we take a look something new has arrived and you know how small and steep it is there.
Adult gym equipment in the flowers beds seems a little over the top too!
Not quite the peaceful walkway everyone was anticipating.Looking more like Disneyland I am afraid.Maybe you will disagree,I would welcome your opinion.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 07:14:37 AM »
Hi Amber,

I have watched it been built. I was looking at it approx 10 days ago, took loads of photos as it looked Sooo nice, thought what a great addition to Kalkan. Since then I have read on KTLN, now you, how crazy it is with all this Mad stuff installed. I will take a look later. Will try to post before and after pics.  What a shame  ???

Not so bright this morning, albeit the sun is trying to get its hat on. Good news, that bloody wind has dropped, lets hope it stays away today as I'm so looking forward to having lunch on the terrace at Fener Cafe.

Had to pop out to the shops at 20:00 last night, never seen Kalkan so quite, looked like nearly everywhere was shut. I'm not complaining, love it like this, so peaceful 8) ;) 8)

......looks like the hat is on, terrace bathed in sunshine just as i write this...hehehe  ;D 8) ;D

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2013, 10:47:56 AM »
hi Amber
what a shame about that pathway. I imagined it beng a pretty walk down to the beach not a chilrens playground. Sounds very tacky.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2013, 06:00:37 PM »
Well the sun did not stay with us for long, gone by 10:00 and did not reappear. Big wind was also on the missing list, that sounds good, but no, he was replaced by Gusting wind  :( :o :(

So it was lunch inside at Fener, but no complaints about that, 7 of us had a lovely 2 hour lunch, so much laughing and story telling  ;D 8) ;D

Gusting wind really got going with the plastic tent been blown from side to side, chairs sliding along the terrace like they were on ice. Also I have never seen the sea in the harbour So rough as it was this afternoon. Again it was not cold the temp on the car dash on the way to Fener reading 19.5c  8)

For lunch we ( me, oh & Son ) had two chicken fajitas with chips and salad + burger chips and salad, 5 soft drinks, comp bread with dips, two large cay's and a coffee for the grand sum of £20.70, or £6.90 each, don't know how they make a profit  ??? ??? ???  Glad to say there must of been 25ish people in so good to see Fener is busy at this time of the year as its one of the few places that stays open all year.

It started to rain on the drive home, but by 17:00 the rain had stopped and Gusty had blown himself out. I was just sat watching TV when I looked out of the patio doors to see snake and mouse islands reappeared from the mist they had been hidden in thinking to myself how they still look stunning floating on the Med on this Grey day in Kalamar. We are So lucky, and know it  ;) :) ;)

So now sat watching Spurs v Arsenal via Slingbox  ( how i love my slingbox  :-* ) waiting for dinner to cook. Happy days  8)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2013, 06:20:58 PM »
Sounds wonderful onelove. Shame about the weather today, lets hope it hots up for April. Loving your reports by the way, keep em coming please  :)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2013, 07:38:09 AM »
08:00. Terrace bathed in Brilliant sunshine. Very light breeze.  Sunbed calling   8) ;) 8)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2013, 06:48:55 PM »
I was on my sunbed just before 11. Wall to wall sunshine and not a cloud in sight all day.
Today was 70% sunbathing and 30% windbathing. It was a bit windy with the odd gust but not bad enough to remove me from my sunbed   ;)

Again it was lovely and warm all day, sun tan lotion def needed. To give you an idea of how warm it was and how bad the wind was / wasn't, the oh and son who were either side of me on their beds were soon snoring like asthmatic pit ponies  8) the wind didn't bother them to much obviously.

The sun started to lose its strength at about 16:30.

We have quite a big breakfast this morning, sausages, egg, beans, crusty bread and tea, then skipped lunch knowing we were going to Aubergine for dinner as oh & son go home tomorrow...I'm staying hehehe lucky me 8) >:D  8)

We were quite hungry so decided to go to Aubergine early. Got to Aubergine at 18:00, not that many in, 8 including us. As most of you know the food in there is fab and it did not disappoint tonight. I had the sword fish & prawn tails in white wine sauce which had finely chopped veg in it, it was to die for, yummy. Oh had garlic prawns to start followed by sea bass and veg. Son had schnitzel and chips. Comp bread and dips. Only son had a pud, pancake with banana, chocolate sauce and chocolate ice cream. Drinks, oh had 3 glasses of house white, son 2 glasses of apple juice, I had a coke, we also had a large bottle of water and one cay. The bill came to 177tl, again very good value me thinks.

Got chatting to the waiters and found out that Aubergine won't be open next winter  :'( can't make it pay by all accounts. The waiters were not sure if it was going to be open for New Year's Eve  ???  Really hope it is as its Such a great night  ;)

Back home now watching TV with a nice cup of tea, early night tonight.

Party time starts tomorrow  >:D ;D >:D

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2013, 08:49:06 AM »
Hi, sorry been really busy get jobs done/organised at the villa.

The oh and son went home last Tuesday, which as luck would have it was Far and away the best
days weather we have had since we got here on 18th Feb. The sun shone All day and was Hot, there was just a very light breeze, you only knew there was a breeze when it stopped and I could feel the sun burning my skin, layed on the sun bed form 12 until 16:30 when the sun started to lose its strength.

Since Wed the weather has been quite cloudy with just the odd appearance from my mate the sun, albeit, it's never been cold.

Note : I eat at 'Small House' ( Kucuk Ev ) the other night, highly recommend, tiny little place, just 14 covers, husband & wife do all the cooking and serving, lovely people, I sat in the tiny kitchen chatting with them for over half an hour, one of the great things you get to do 'out of season'. Well worth a visit. # 1 on trip adviser !!!!  If you walk past Moonlight Bar and instead of taking the Main Street that leads down to the harbour, keep left, not turn left, and it's just down there, not even a mins walk past Moonlight Bar.

Here is the phone # if you want to book 0242 844 2817.   I have No connection with this restaurant.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2013, 07:12:48 PM »
Another cloudy day with some spells of sunshine.  Very mild to warm at times. Next to no wind.

Lunch at Fener Cafe on the terrace.

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2013, 09:09:23 AM »
Onelove, what are you wearing at night?...................................that sound a bit weird! What I mean is do you need long sleeves, jumpers, long trousers etc?

PW

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Weather in March

Started by Shellage on Weather

6 Replies
Last post January 25, 2013, 01:42:36 PM
by Joeyloveskalkan
xx
weather in March/April

Started by markyboy on Weather

2 Replies
Last post September 08, 2008, 07:09:25 PM
by markyboy
recycled
March in Kalkan?

Started by Moka on General Discussion

14 Replies
Last post June 13, 2009, 11:03:54 PM
by Moka
xx
Transfer from DLM to Kalkan Tuesday 6 March

Started by felicity on Arrange a Transfer Share

0 Replies
Last post March 02, 2018, 07:16:02 PM
by felicity

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal