Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Weather update  (Read 10652 times)

Offline tuppy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Weather update
« on: May 31, 2014, 10:27:13 PM »
Hi just wondered if anyone out in Kalkan can give us a quick update on the weather.

All reports and forecasts look very mixed with quite a few saying rain and thunderstorms possible?

Whenever we've been in Kalkan before all supposed "bad weather" has come to nothing and the black clouds seem to get to the mountain tops and then just sit there looking menacing without actually coming in! Hoping that's still the case :)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12129.0

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Re: Weather update
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 05:19:21 PM »
I would be really interested to know if the cloudy and rainy weather is usual for this time. We are thinking of booking this time next year (well I am......haven't consulted yet!  :laugh:) To be precise flying out at the end of half term week and then the first week of June. I thought the weather would have settled down by then, so is this forecast (and the clouds I can see on KTLN) unusual?

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 05:31:12 PM »
June is usually beautiful, long warm sunny days. Its been a dry mild winter which isn't the norm so perhaps the rain is just catching up. I understand May wasn't brilliant :( We usually land this week and have only had changeable weather just once, a couple of years back....just after the earthquake! There were still more sunny days than cloudy days though. We have friends out there now who say the weather is lovely - despite what you see on the forecasts.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 06:09:08 PM »
Just what I wanted to hear, and tuppy too I imagine! Not just need to persuade everyone else it's a good time to go to Kalkan. More importantly, need to find out who "everyone else" is ready to book flights for when they are first released.
Nothing like planning holidays a year in advance when you already have two booked?  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 08:51:35 PM »
We were there for the earthquake!!..the pool started lapping about like a giant bath with the water shooting over the sides..very eerie! and the ground was rumbling..other people noticed nothing..perhaps they had more Efes than me and slept through it..the first couple of weeks in June is our usual time as work kind of dictates and as K4E says with the exception of that quake year the weather is normally great ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline pattaya

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 04:45:51 PM »
I'm here at the moment weather has been very changeable !! And cold of an evening . Been many times at this time and the weather we are having is un seasonable .. Hope the sun comes out tomorrow ...

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 07:05:34 AM »
At this moment, 09.05 hrs the wind has ben blowing at gale force since around about midnight, lots of furniture etc blown about, trees been stripped of lots of leaves.  The sun is trying to shine but there is a cloudy sky very warm & muggy.  Not the what we are used to at this time of year but then the weather is changing around the globe.  Rather have the rain than this constant blowing & bashing about.  Hope that helps
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline tuppy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 11:51:55 AM »
Well we arrive early hours Friday and will be bringing the sunshine with us guaranteed!

The forecasts really are a joke, they seem to change by the hour!

Thanks for your replies, hope that winds calmed down!

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 12:22:38 PM »
It is now almost 14.30 local time & at times during the morning the winds have got stronger but it is still blowing, the temp on our balcony in the shade is 80 & it sure is muggy.  Debris flying about in all directions, lots of damage to plants & trees in some cases they are leafless. Weather is supposed to improve after the w/e. Something certainly has upset the Wind God. ;)

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 01:54:44 PM »
My guests found a Venetian blind floating in the pool this morning. No one knows where it came from!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2014, 02:36:07 PM »
Venice    ;D

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2014, 04:52:24 PM »
Yes BL.......it looks like its curtains for the dead venetian blind.I will ask the Jandarma to investigate.................it sounds like an open and shut case to me !

Offline Alex

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2014, 07:07:45 PM »
Yes BL.......it looks like its curtains for the dead venetian blind.I will ask the Jandarma to investigate.................it sounds like an open and shut case to me !

I think they'd be running up a blind alley there!        ;D

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2014, 08:03:13 PM »
Saw all the overhead canopies at Aubergine waving about in the wind on KTLN this morning. Hope things have calmed down now.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2014, 09:12:37 PM »
They will be able to draw this to a close.......
I'll get my coat  :-[

Offline tuppy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2014, 05:55:53 AM »
Woke up yesterday to glorious sunshine. Lovely warm weather all day with just an hours worth of cloud late afternoon. Pleasant evening (no sleeves!) and just woke up to another beautiful morning with not a cloud on the sky.

All this and the likes of accuweather and holidayweather have the forecast as dark grey thunderstorm clouds with red lightning bolts and rain from morning till night???

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Weather Update

Started by greggiea on Weather

0 Replies
Last post April 11, 2011, 09:28:41 PM
by greggiea
xx
Live Weather Update.....

Started by antler on Holiday Reports and Reviews

21 Replies
Last post August 15, 2012, 09:11:04 PM
by Bob & Jayne
xx
Ecosense update

Started by onelove on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post February 09, 2015, 04:44:48 PM
by onelove
xx
Water update

Started by clara 50 on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post June 22, 2011, 11:52:07 AM
by Charlie

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kaputas Beach

Views: 2698
By: LancashireLass
Villa Safran