Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: weekend rain  (Read 3654 times)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
weekend rain
« on: July 29, 2009, 02:36:07 PM »
can it be true?.....I know there have been many reported changes in Kalkan but have these affected the weather?? according to the BBC there is going to be heavy rain showers on Saturday and Sunday!! we are arriving Sunday night and are not amused!! ???

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3994.0

Offline claire

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: weekend rain
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 02:48:19 PM »
Babs, I went through this before we went, back in May.  I was getting very wound up about the forecast before we left.  It kept changing and my hopes were getting up then back down again - so annoying...  People kept telling me that once we got there we'd be so relaxed we wouldn't care what the weather was like, and actually they were right!

As it turned out it did rain - very heavily on and off for our first 4 days.  It did us a big favour as it gave us chance to explore without getting boiling hot.  We spent lots of time going from bar to cafe to bar to restaurant to cafe - you get the picture...  There are so many places to sit and people watch and just chill in Kalkan that the rain was just a backdrop for us for most of the time (we did have the occasional 'moment' though, to be totally honest with you - mainly on the fourth day...   >:D :P >:( ).

We went up to the Green Lake and it rained on our return but was very cloudy while we were there - it didn't ruin the trip whatsoever.

We also went on one of the boats on a day that was threatening to rain and the captain just sailed the boat away from the clouds - we were in glorious sunshine all day (till we got back to the harbour). 

The other 10 days were piping hot and sunny, so we did come home with a tan!  ;D

People have mentioned things like cookery courses, or massages for rainy days too.

Claire.

Offline Denners

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 03:08:02 PM »
It's hottish today at 31'C (but me thinks not quite as hot as yesterday).
Not a cloud in the sky....see webcams on KTLN at  www.turkishlocalnews.com  . Why this not shown on EK ?
The 5 day forecast on    www.weatherkalkan.com   shows Saturday as 38'C. Can't see it raining this weekend !!!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 05:24:15 PM »
The BBC can't get where i live(Fareham) right for the next day!! ..so they sure as hell aren't going to get Kalkan right 4 days away ;D ;D ;D

(I predict Scorchio ;))
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline claire

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 05:26:55 PM »
Anyway Babs - even if it does rain on Saturday and Sunday you'll be OK as you're not arriving until Sunday night, right?

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 05:33:18 PM »
I agree with you on that mr Lizard,I was in southampton on sat/sun,the forcast wasnt great for sat and it was hot and sunny,sun was supposed to ok(ish) and it was raining.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 05:38:07 PM by fidimax »
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 05:46:11 PM »
Accuweather reckons this weekend,Kalkan is going to be 93-95 degrees with plenty of sun,and the same for the next 2 weeks,dont worry.

Neil.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 06:16:15 PM »
I'm a big fan of accuweather!! :laugh:isn't it amazing how a question about weather gets so many replies so quickly.....who says we are obsessed?? we've been to Kalkan at the same time for the last 4 years and a cloud is an event......can't believe it will actually rain for the first 2 days of August.....fingers crossed!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 06:25:20 PM »
Who says we are obsessed with the weather? only the other day i said to my Mrs whos name is Sleet "do you think we are obsessed with the weather?"  she said " i don't know lets ask thunder and lightning when they get in from school" :D :D :angel:

Offline kalkanfan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 10:17:54 PM »
Our obsession with the weather, particularly when going abroad, seems to be such that when we don't like the look of a forecast we look for reassurance elsewhere that it can't be correct and if it looks good we believe it.  Whatever the forecast may say we can't do anything about it (other than take a brolly as a precaution) and so we end up getting stressed about something we cannot control.  Just enjoy being in Kalkan - rain or shine!

« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 10:19:25 PM by kalkanfan »

Offline claire

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 10:20:48 PM »
Our obsession with the weather, particularly when going abroad, seems to be such that when we don't like the look of a forecast we look for reassurance elsewhere that it can't be correct and if it looks good we believe it.  Whatever the forecast may say we can't do anything about it (other than take a brolly as a precaution) and so we end up getting stressed about something we cannot control.  Just enjoy being in Kalkan - rain or shine!

Spot on!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Long weekend in Kalkan; is it possible?

Started by ShazzaA on General Discussion

23 Replies
Last post June 01, 2009, 11:53:25 PM
by BarbH
xx
Rain in August ?

Started by onelove on Weather

9 Replies
Last post August 22, 2009, 08:17:49 AM
by RosiB
xx
rain in kalkan today

Started by kalcamp on Weather

6 Replies
Last post August 28, 2008, 06:21:51 PM
by Kalkan regular
xx
Damn Rain or MisSilver

Started by Pompeyalbie on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

3 Replies
Last post May 17, 2012, 06:33:15 AM
by DRBD

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Olu Deniz

Views: 3790
By: blondie
Trio Meet 08