Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Flippin' 'Eck  (Read 19173 times)

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Flippin' 'Eck
« on: January 04, 2016, 07:05:02 PM »
Only gone & booked flights for first week in May, strange though I couldn't find an early morning flight from Gatwick on the Friday but there was one on the Thursday so it's Thursday to Thursday this time. The apartment we had last year in Kisla, Elmas, is available so will be booking that again as it was really nice with an amazing view across the bay. Can't wait to see those sunsets again.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13162.0

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
Re: Flippin' 'Eck
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 06:12:41 AM »
Good news! Looking forward to the reports already!

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 06:54:23 PM »
Ooooo......holiday reports, that's something to look forward to  :laugh

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 07:16:17 PM »
Yay, good for you pompeyalbie. We have April in the bag but we need to sort out August yet. Glad you got your apartment sorted too. I believe the sunsets from kisla are amazing. We have yet to stay there and witness them for ourselves.  :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 01:53:45 PM »
Looking forward to all the reports when they start coming in - April isn't so far away! In the meantime, checking in daily for updates from DRBD
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 03:33:32 PM »
K4E. .. not much to report at the moment really. The icy spell seems to have eased & we have had good dry weather mostly, few days of rain here & there heavy at time with some wet evenings. Haven't been down to the harbour foe a few days but understand from a friend that they have put up glass fronts on the new premises,  they were putting up mental frame work the last we saw. The building beside Yali is now having inside work done it although still plenty to do on the outside.  Still not sure who is going in there, given up asking as we get conflicting answers so we wait with baited breath 😕 Can hear sounds of building & digging in the  distance in various areas but nothing too much. 

Heard that a seal had been seen in the harbour yesterday , how lovely hope it's still about when we next go down, certainly not seen any turtles this year infact not since late summer last year.  Read in the news that sadly quite a few turtles are being washed up dead & alive around the UK coast possible because of the recent storms.

You may have read about the burglaries, rather worrying as it seems there have been quite a few recently where damage has been caused to the properties as well as the items stolen, empty properties seem to be the ones the offenders are targeting. Those who are property owners do make sure your management people do check your places, give them a ring & speak to them, some are not always checking as you may be hoping.

Anyway will certainly update on anything that may be interesting.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 05:22:10 PM by DRBD »
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline Irene

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 03:49:52 PM »
Thanks for the update DRBD - only been back a week & missing Kalkan already!

I still can't quite envisage what the new harbour front restaurants will look like when completed.  I do hope they will not all be blocked in with glass, it will be like a greenhouse - also, one of life's simple pleasures when on holiday in the sun -  is to eat outside! 
- Time will tell!
  Now, must phone our property Manager to ask him to check for any unwanted visitors....

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 10:24:33 PM »
Thanks for the update, DRBD. Even though you say you didn't have much to report, I hung on every word :). Sounds like there's less building work than usual this year...? It would be lovely to think the expansion is finally slowing down. Any signs of the proposed building work getting underway on the hill between Kalkan and Kalamar..?

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2016, 06:46:40 AM »
There is quite a bit of building work in Kalamar & surrounding areas, it's a bit difficult now to say where one  bit starts & finishes, behind the school there is a fair bit going on.. sometimes  you can hear the machines digging but not see anything until the building work starts & you see a building growing upwards. Mind you the dust & muck flying about confirms there is something going on😈

Cloudy this morning ,sun trying hard to break through but a possibility of rain.

Apologies EK this has gone off course, should be under out of season heading😇😇😇😇😇😈😈😈

« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 07:04:52 AM by DRBD »

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2016, 02:01:13 PM »
Just catching up on EK, Happy New Year to you all. We have our flights all booked arriving in late July for 5 and a half weeks, and we are counting down those days I can tell you! (191 to be precise)!!! We can't wait to see the new water front restaurants and are looking forward to reading those holiday reports from you lucky people that will be out from Easter and thank you for your regular updates DRBD  :D :D :D

Jayne
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 02:03:34 PM by Bob & Jayne »

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2016, 06:09:08 PM »
Five and a half weeks?? That'll be tough Jayne!  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2016, 07:39:21 PM »
It will be Babs, but am sure we'll be able to cope lol! May well do a post or two....  :D :D :D

Can't go out at Easter this year though  :(

Jayne

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2016, 05:28:45 PM »
Gosh, how many boat trips will you do in 5.5 weeks! So jealous!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

capodocia

Views: 3866
By: chinacat
night