Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kalkan Summer Season  (Read 14227 times)

Offline magic3

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
Kalkan Summer Season
« on: May 11, 2016, 10:41:00 PM »
Can't wait till we are in kalkan again, have infected the children with wishing their lives away until July when we will be arriving on mass (bringing extra family) for a whole 4 weeks. Heaven.
Just wondering how bookings are going for the summer season. House and car rental etc.. just curious to know how the current climate is actually effecting tourism in our beautiful Kalkan. I am hoping not much but I understand that TC pulled flights to Turkey this summer in favour of Spain!YUK  ;D

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13275.0

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Kalkan Summer Season
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 11:00:36 PM »
We will be there 9th July with our adult kids and their partners and cannot wait..

pw
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline jnismith

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 07:50:49 AM »
Yes I am wondering too how this summer will work out.  Our holiday at Whitsun to Islamlar was cancelled when the holiday company went bust. We haven't rebooked anything yet and are still wondering what to do for the summer.  Part of me wants to support Kalkan where we have had 5 or 6 lovely holidays but another part of me says, is there a risk, particularly at the airport?

There is an article today in the Sunday Times about empty hotels in Kemer and yesterday's Times had an article about 50 best Mediterranean beaches which didn't mention Turkey at all.  It's almost as if the press wants it to fail.  I feel very sorry for the hoteliers and restaurant owners.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 08:32:22 AM »
No where is safe even in our own country the risk is high...everywhere has a risk that's the world we live in..... But I' m damned if I' m going to stop going to Turkey until the foreign office tell me otherwise...and besides I've got new holiday pants !!! >:D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 09:55:15 AM »
Well said BL, I only wish I  was gooing this year but due to mobility problems hav had to cancel. I live in London and  feel less safe here than in Kalkan.

I hope everyone lucky enough to go there this year that they have a wonderful time and only wish I could be there :(

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 10:53:10 AM »
Jnismith, I've seen exactly the same things as you in the paper and agree.....it's as if the press want Turkey to fail, but like BL until I'm told otherwise by the foreign office we are not changing our plans. But my husband was swaying a little this morning saying that if Turkey does not sort out its human rights reputation then things will take an even bigger turn downwards. I feel so sorry for business people in Kalkan and other resorts, and in other parts of the world. They are having their businesses ruined both by terrorism, the fear of terrorism and by the press reaction.

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2016, 11:25:00 AM »
Jnismith, I'm in Kalkan right now and can assure you that if you know Kalkan and come back again this year, you won't see any difference from previous years.

The security at the airport is tight, at least as tight as it is in UK airports. Once you get to Kalkan, contrary to the way it's portrayed in the press, there aren't swathes of Syrians milling around in Kalkan.

There aren't any refugee camps.
There aren't any dead bodies on Kalkan beach.
There aren't any ISIS gunmen lining the roads.

There are lots of friendly, warm people, as usual.
There is a warm, turquoise sea, as usual.
There are some amazing restaurants, as usual.

Keep calm, and come back to Kalkan. Statistically it's a fact that the most dangerous part of your holiday will be your journeys to and from the airport in the UK.

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2016, 11:26:11 AM »
I've just come back from Kalkan and it and the people were lovely as ever. It was a bit quieter than usual but certainly in our last week it seemed much busier in town at night. The security at both Manchester and Dalaman appeared good. I consider Manchester airport pre security checks to be probably the riskiest bit of my holiday and the number of items going through the scanner and pushed over for examination seemed much greater than in the past.
We're back again twice more this year and I have no hesitation in going to Kalkan.

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2016, 02:42:26 PM »
The British press have a lot to answer to!! My husband had a week in Kalkan in April and he said he was reassured by the security at Dalaman airport. There seems to be heightened security with airport ground staff and all the airlines as well, which is good to know. Nowhere in the world is completely safe but I feel more comfortable in Kalkan than on the London underground! We are visiting in July and September. Life has to go on and the majority of Turkish people only want peace and be allowed to get on with life, very much the same sentiments as the English!

Offline Sezkalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
    • Fabio
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2016, 06:58:33 PM »
Well according to my bookings this year - and this is my first year as an owner, I don't think Kalkan is affected at all!  I am literally booked out all the way through to the end of October, all bar 4.5 weeks! Just hope Kalkan gets all the visitors, or at least nearly as many as normal, to keep the local business afloat. 
Our property - 3 bed, 3 bath, OWN POOL, fab location:-

https://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p1897579
www.kalkanpad.com
Facebook:- Apartment Fabio, Kalkan

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Kalkan busy for summer season.

Started by fidimax on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post February 10, 2009, 04:59:04 PM
by Blue Lizard
recycled
Kalkan next summer?

Started by Steve Harry on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post December 24, 2009, 01:23:06 PM
by kalkan kitty
xx
Summer working in Kalkan

Started by KerryLou168 on Living In Kalkan

3 Replies
Last post October 20, 2015, 06:17:06 AM
by DRBD
xx
Kalkan Out of Season

Started by Firecat on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post September 20, 2011, 06:52:32 PM
by Em1

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal